HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 02:18:45 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Spiderverse 3 premieres in theaters March 29, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STARLIGHT  (Read 3463 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: May 22, 2014, 11:39:46 AM »

Is anyone else picking this up?

Starlight #1
(W) Mark Millar (A) Goran Parlov (CA) John Cassaday Forty years ago, Duke McQueen was the space hero who saved the universe. But then he came back home, got married, had kids and grew old. Now his children have left and his wife has passed away, leaving him alone with nothing except his memories... until a call comes from a distant world asking him back for his final and greatest adventure. This issue launches the much-anticipated Millarworld Universe. Get in on the start of something MASSIVE! Cover price $2.99.

Issue #2
Cover by Bill Sienkiewicz. Written by Mark Millar. Art by Goran Parlov. Duke McQueen once saved an alien world from destruction - but it happened in a place nobody believes in, during a time nobody remembers. Surrounded by memories of his late wife and his happier past, Duke's days as a hero are long gone...or so he thinks! Now, a young visitor from the world Duke once saved is coming to him with a desperate plea for help. It's one last chance at adventure for Duke, and another chapter to unfold in the ever-expanding Millarworld Universe! Cover price $2.99.

Issue #3
Written by Mark Millar. Art and Cover by Goran Parlov. Duke and his young companion begin their first adventure together! To the people of Tantalus, Duke is a hero and savior. Now, he's their last chance to vanquish the new menace that has invaded the peace-loving world he left behind. But four decades have passed: Duke's not the young man he once was, and the enemy he faces is more powerful than anything he faced in the good old days. The stakes are raised, and the weight of Duke's own conscience might be his heaviest burden yet! 28 pages, full color. Cover price $2.99.

This is a fun book.  Think Flash Gordan after he has been away for 40 years.  Invincible and Kick Ass fans will like this.  It has a similar feel.

Thumbs up from me and I'm enjoying it so far.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2014, 12:39:14 PM »

Hearing great things.

A "soon to be on my shelf" comic  Wink

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Tokyo Vigilante #1
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2014, 01:26:35 AM »

Looks great and I dig the new take on the retro sci-fi hero... but I've kept my distance from Millar's work since the first few issues of Kick Ass.

Glad he's successful, but his work doesn't speak to me.  It's like I "get the formula," if you will.

Maybe I'll try this one in the trade.  The art looks beautiful.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS