HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 11:33:17 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Transformers: A New Generation premieres in theaters September 13, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: NEW 52 Hardcovers  (Read 9001 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: May 11, 2014, 12:15:09 PM »

So I was thinking about dropping Batman and jut going Hardcover, more of a passing thought than giving serious credence to, but I checked on the vol 4 HC of Batman and list price is $24.99 (of course you can find it for half that, for about $12 or so) but the shocking thing ... no, the thing that floored me ... is it only contains four freakin issues?

Batman HV vol 4 contains Batman #'s 21, 22, 23 and 24

That's it?

Please tell me there's more in there than just the comics. Please? If not, that's worse than those Marvel Premiere Hardcover ripoffs. Almost $6.25 an issue? My god, are they on more drugs than I am? WTF?

I do now see there are "176" pages, but ... I mean, what could possibly make that worth the price? I don't need to see the scripts or alternate covers or ... hell, anything that I can think of to justify that price.

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2014, 01:32:50 PM »

Might as well keep getting the monthlies.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2014, 11:46:15 PM »

It also has the 0 issue, plus Annual 2....which may or may not be the Dr. Freeze issue; can't recall. Actually, I can't recall correctly. Also, #24 was a full double sized issue. Both Volumes 1 & 3 were also 176 pages in length. Vol 2 hit 208 (musta been one more issue).

Not sure if that assuages you, but there it is.

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2014, 12:13:26 AM »

Well that is better, and I see that is what Amazon has, but now I am confused as even DC, HERE, also has it only having the issues I stated prior.

Undecided

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2014, 12:23:22 AM »

I followed the DC site all the way through to the actual cart purchase, and then there it lists all the extra issues like Amazon does. So, some doofus is controlling that main page, and is just WRONG.

Cool

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2014, 11:32:46 AM »

Cool.  Smiley Not that I would buy direct from DC anyway  Cheesy but that is funny that they, who are selling it, have it wrong.

Still, for a hardcover, 6 issues (just like Marvel's "Premiere" Hardcovers) with that price point ... not a good deal at all. I do get your point that it has two extra sized issues (counting the Annual also as an extra sized). But these are still just reprints of stuff and DC is trying to retail this for $24.99? What, I think those issues totaled $25.94 retail originally, right?
 Cheesy
What a bargain.

Guys, you have to take about 25% off for reprinted material, man.  Grin
(Not as long as people by it we don't)
 Grin

Again, Marvel does the same with their "Premiere" editions, so I am not blasting DC alone ... the whole idea is just crazy.

Not sure if those issues will ever be in a better, more extensive package (Like Icon's or Skybound's, where you get 12 issues), but I will wait until I see if they do. I just paid $17.49 ($35 retail) for the most recent POWERS HC, and I pay about the same for the WALKING DEAD and INVINCIBLE HC's. I will take their 12 issues for that $35 retail price point over 6 issues for $25 retail every, single, time.

HEAR THAT,  MARVEL!!! (And DC)  Grin

Oh well, I will just stick with the floppies for now, and when I switch, it won't be to Amazon. Why, when I can go to DCBS sister site and get a better deal?
Like ... say with Batman - HERE
 Wink
(Of course, it is obvious they went by what the DC site listed as the contents)
 Cheesy

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2014, 01:52:41 AM »

Hate to beat a dead horse here ... or a live one either ... but still thinking about going HC on Bat's so I can totally go digital (unlimited) with Marvel, but now I see that the HC's miss a lot of issues.

Vol 1 collects 1-6
Vol 2 collects 8-12 and Annual 1
Vol 3 collects 13-17
Vol 4 collects 21-24, 0 and Annual 2

Sooo, we are missing issues 7, 18, 19 and 20?
Now I get how issues 19 and 20 may not flow as they were the Clayface issues that everyone (other than me) hated, and issue 19 was a boo-hoo Robin is gone issue, but wasn't issue 7 part of the Owl's story? And still, are we never going to see those other issues? I mean I keep leaning towards Bat in HC, but every time I turn around it seems I am getting pushed away.
 Undecided

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS