HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 12:38:13 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Madame Web premieres in theaters February 16, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: May Previews - Whatcha gettin'?  (Read 10588 times)
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« on: April 25, 2014, 02:14:46 AM »

Jumped the gun on Jeff!  Cool

DC
Aquaman 33
Aquaman & the Others 4
Green Arrow 33
The Flash 33
Action Comics 33
Superman 33
Wonder Woman 33
Superman Unchained 8
Supergirl 33
Sinestro 4
Justice League Vol. 5 HC
Any Future's End issues? This I don't know about.

Dropped Superman/Wonder Woman, picking up Superman with Johns & Romita on case-by-case basis. I am NOT into 'Doomed' right now at all, so I'm skipping tie-ins, annuals, specials, etc. 'Unchained' is still being picked up so I can sell the full lot; can't say if I wish to buy the trade, if I"m being honest.

Marvel
Spider-man 2099 1
Captain America 22
Moon Knight 5
Amazing Spider-man 4

and why can't I find solicits for Hulk this month?

All my Marvel books are through DCBS, as the discount for trades there is rather nice, I will admit!

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2014, 01:29:52 PM »

Jumped the gun on Jeff!  Cool

Last person to do that ... well, let's just say he hasn't been seen around these parts in years
 Grin

Any Future's End issues? This I don't know about.

I see DC is also soliciting about 21 "Futures End" number 1 issues for Sept release. I guess to get a better jump on the 3d cover demand this time?

...and why can't I find solicits for Hulk this month?

Skip month it appears as I don't see it either. Just the Savage and the She

All my Marvel books are through DCBS, as the discount for trades there is rather nice, I will admit!

Welcome to the club.  Smiley Just can't beat those prices man.

For me, kinda broke-down at the last second last month and added that damn Invaders back on. I keep listening to Robinson and what he has plans for and he keeps pulling me back in. And of course, because of that, Invaders is a double ship title this month.
 Angry Cheesy

DC
BATMAN

Marvel
AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #4
SPIDER-MAN 2099 #1 (just can't see me not getting this, if nothing else to include in the Amazing lot when I sell)
ALL NEW INVADERS #7
ALL NEW INVADERS #8
FANTASTIC FOUR #7
THOR GOD OF THUNDER #24 (Maybe my last issue ... if I can pull it)

Saga Vol 2
and perhaps another $5 or $6 dollar trade like DEADLY CLASS Vol 1 by Remender or ZERO Vol 1 by Ales Kot ... something along those lines

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2014, 09:46:02 PM »

I dropped Deadly Class after issue 2.  I didn't enjoy it.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2014, 12:26:03 AM »

Well I will certainly keep that in mind. Thanks  Smiley

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2014, 07:19:53 PM »

I see DC is also soliciting about 21 "Futures End" number 1 issues for Sept release. I guess to get a better jump on the 3d cover demand this time?

Will all of those be 3D?  If so, I wonder if DCBS will offer a bundle?

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2014, 07:37:07 PM »

Here's my first pass.  May add all those Future's End #1's if they are 3D.  You think this will be under $30?

All New Invaders 7 (Jul 9)
All New Invaders 8 (Jul 23)
All New X-Men 29 (Jul 9)
All New X-Men 30 (Jul 23)
Batman 33 (Jul 9)
Batman And Robin 33 (Jul 23)
Batman Eternal 13 (Jul 2)
Batman Eternal 14 (Jul 9)
Batman Eternal 15 (Jul 16)
Batman Eternal 16 (Jul 23)
Batman Eternal 17 (Jul 30)
Batman Futures End 1 (Sep 10)
Black Science 7 (Jul 30)
Booster Gold Futures End 1 (Sep 24)
Fantastic Four 7 (Jul 9)
Grayson 1 (Jul 2)
Green Arrow 33 (Jul 2)
Green Arrow Futures End 1 (Sep 3)
Justice League United 3 (Jul 9)
Magneto 6 (Jul 2)
Moon Knight 5 (Jul 2)
New 52 Futures End 10 (Jul 9)
New 52 Futures End 11 (Jul 16)
New 52 Futures End 12 (Jul 23)
New 52 Futures End 13 (Jul 30)
New 52 Futures End 9 (Jul 2)
Red Lanterns 33 (Jul 23)
Red Lanterns Annual 1 (Jul 30)
Robin Rises Omega (Jul 16)
Rocket Raccoon 1 (Jul 2)
She-Hulk 6 (Jul 2)
Sinestro 4 (Jul 23)
Southern Bastards 4 (Jul 23)
Thor God Of Thunder 24 (Jul 2)
Trees 3 (Jul 23)
Uncanny Avengers 22 (Jul 30)
Velvet 7 (Jul 23)
Walking Dead 129 (Jul 9)

EmeraldWarrior420
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2014, 07:58:27 PM »

I'm not. Comics are one of the cuts I'm making to move out of our apartment and into a house by the time we have our baby.  Cry

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2014, 08:20:03 PM »

I'm not. Comics are one of the cuts I'm making to move out of our apartment and into a house by the time we have our baby.  Cry

Ouch!  But I certainly understand.  I've had to do similar in the past for things.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2014, 08:30:27 PM »

Will all of those be 3D?

I believe so. But I could be thinking of something else. I know DC is bringing a bunch of 3D covers in and I'm pretty sure it was these.

EDIT - More info HERE

So ... I have no idea.  Grin I am avoiding them anyway. May get the Batman one, but I doubt it.

If so, I wonder if DCBS will offer a bundle?

Oh, on that I am sure. (probably)
 Grin
« Last Edit: May 01, 2014, 08:33:20 PM by Perry » Logged

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2014, 11:44:56 PM »

Attention all DCBS buyers, there is a special link at the top of the main DCBS page that takes you to a microsite, so you can order those 3D Futures End issues. As DC is making them a preorder item two months ahead of the usual two months ahead  Wink, DCBS is making a "future" ordering page.

So, in other words, if you want any of those special "Futures End #1" issues ... 3D OR just regular covers, you need to click on the link and order there.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2014, 02:31:19 AM »

Thanks Perry!  Good to know.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2014, 12:29:01 PM »

Thanks Perry!  Good to know.

You bet.
It is (or at least was) pretty easy to miss, so I wanted to make sure everyone was aware. Not a fan of how they are doing that. And sorry Jeff, I didn't see a bundle option, but as I was on there as they were updating the site, they may have added it by now ... or they will later maybe (I would e-mail them if you really want them all)

Also Jeff, I see you're adding Batman and Robin, don't forget there is a Robin special this month also.

(EDIT - Ooops, my bad. I now see you have that Omega issue on your list already. Nevermind  Grin)

And as for my order, yep, I just placed it and everything I listed above is what I stuck with. Thanks to Jeff, I decided to wait on Deadly Class until I get some more info on it, so I only grabbed SAGA vol 2 to go with my other comics for this month.

Would have been my lowest order total in a long time if it wasn't for the double shipping on Invaders and that 2099 issue that I couldn't resist adding (even though I knew ahead of time I wouldn't try to resist it at all Grin). I was able to resist the lure of the Batman 3D issue, so I am improving my resolve ... ever so slightly.
 Cheesy
(Even though I really wanted to go back and order all those Amazing Spider-Man "point" one issues as that issue #3 being solicited this month looks awesome. Very Ditko'ish that villain.)
« Last Edit: May 04, 2014, 12:34:36 PM by Perry » Logged

jedicow
HR Super Hero

« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2014, 02:43:08 AM »

star wars 19
walking dead 129
star trek 35
conan the avenger 4
king conan conqueror 6
star wars: rebel heist 4
terminator salvation final battle 7
flash Gordon 4
Godzilla rulers of the earth 14
lady zorro 1
star trek: city on the edge of forever 2
extinction parade war 1
black kiss: xxxmas in july
batman: earth one TPB
back issue 75
Walt Disney Don Rosa library vol.1: uncle scrooge: son of the sun

those Disney HCs are killing me, but at least they are 35% off and they are pretty freakin awesome. 

I also went on a hunch and got the batman earth one tpb since it was only $6.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2014, 11:41:30 AM »

Walt Disney Don Rosa library vol.1: uncle scrooge: son of the sun

those Disney HCs are killing me, but at least they are 35% off and they are pretty freakin awesome. 

Are those for you or kiddo?

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2014, 12:05:40 PM »

star wars 19
star wars: rebel heist 4

Are you going to get the Marvel ones once they start producing them? As Disney has now declared only the "G" items will be canon ("G"eorge Lucas direct involvement items = Movies and Clone Wars).

Though I will always consider the works of Kevin J. Anderson and Timothy Zahn as canon in my mind. Regardless if they are now considered Star Wars "Legends" or not  Tongue
 Grin
But honestly have to say, I am kinda looking forward to a Star Wars "reboot". There is just soooo much stuff out there now, and half ... if not more ... of it is total junk. The few years before Lucas sold out (ya know, before Episode 1  Angry) it seems he was just signing off on anything. Really muddled the "Lucas system".

"The Lucas system?"
"Lucas is not a system, he's a man. George Lucas. He's a card player, gambler, scum ... you'd like him"
"Nice"

Cheesy

flash Gordon 4

Saw a preview of issue one ... somewhere ... and this look good. May have to trade this puppy.

And speaking of which (old characters and all), have you tried any of those CAPTAIN MIDNIGHT issues? I have been curious about that damn title for over 6 months now, but as I am trying to stop the monthly buying and my boy Dave doesn't get it, I have not had a chance to read anymore than a couple preview pages. Which look really good and interesting. Have you tried it?

There was also another question I wanted to ask you, but it has just slipped my mind, so I may ask it later  Cheesy

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS