HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 04:27:05 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Godzilla vs Kong 2 premieres in theaters April 12, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Rate the Marvel Studios Movies  (Read 29993 times)
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #30 on: January 01, 2017, 07:57:45 PM »

Okay, I got to take this to a word document to edit this and do this right!! LOL, I don't have anything from the last 2 years on here!!  Cheesy

That'll be my goal this day.

Jimmy T since 2001
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #31 on: January 01, 2017, 08:36:25 PM »

1.   The Avengers
2.   Captain America: The Winter Soldier
3.   Iron Man
4.   Captain America: The First Avenger
5.   Thor: The Dark World
6.   Spider-Man
7.   Guardians of the Galaxy
8.   Captain America: Civil War
9.   Spider-Man 2
10.   Avengers: Age of Ultron
11.   Deadpool
12.   Blade II
13.   X2   
14.   Iron Man 2
15.   X-men: Days of Future Past
16.   Dr. Strange
17.   The Amazing Spider-Man
18.   Ant-Man
19.   Fantastic Four
20.   X-Men: First Class   
21.   Thor
22.   Blade
23.   Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer 
24.   X-Men   
25.   Iron Man 3
26.   The Incredible Hulk
27.   Daredevil (*The Directors Cut; cuz the theatrical release makes no sense)
28.   The Punisher
29.   Spider-Man 3
30.   Hulk
31.   The Amazing Spider-man 2
32.   The Wolverine
33.   Blade: Trinity
34.   Punisher: War Zone
35.   X-Men Origins: Wolverine
36.   X-Men: The Last Stand
37.   Elektra
38.   Ghost Rider
39.   Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance

Wow...been a while! Didn't have Guardians, Amazing Spider-man 2, Age of Ultron, Ant-man, Days of Future Past, Apocalypse, Civil War, or Dr. Strange!

I reorganzied quite a bit, so I wonder if I'm happy with it right now. Some of it is personal feelings towards a movie, versus the movie itself. I recently rewatched X2 and still highly enjoyed it, and found it still pretty good. I'm almost afraid to rewatch Blade 2, but man, I loved that movie. For a long time. Rewatched it more than a few times. I loved the variant vampire character, I loved the fighting, I loved Blade's persona. So cool.

EDIT 1: DAMMIT!! FORGOT DEADPOOL!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #32 on: January 15, 2017, 03:11:30 AM »

Nobody else coming in to update, eh? Fine, be that way!! :p

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #33 on: January 15, 2017, 04:30:22 PM »

Crap !! good call, ummm calling me out on this. Ha, I forgot all about it. Will get back to it!!!

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #34 on: January 17, 2017, 01:13:51 PM »

Okay, so we are doing all Marvel related movies again, this was a little tougher than I hoped for. Not so much at the top, even though deciding on 2-7 was really hard for me, but deciding which of the lower, bottom-feeder movies was better than the one below it, yeah, that was a tough call again. I mean after you get past the top 20 or so ... it is all a collection of mediocrity filled with "If only"s and bits of goodness here and there.  Wink Well, until you get past 35 or so where it is just a cluster of what horrible film is most horrible.
 Grin

I do find that a couple of better ones slid a tad (Iron Man 2 for one example) and that is kinda cool to reflect on
 Smiley

01 - Captain America: The Winter Soldier
02 - Avengers
03 - Captain America: The First Avenger
04 - Guardians of the Galaxy
05 - Iron Man
06 - Spider-Man
07 - Thor
08 - Avengers: Age of Ultron
09 - Captain America: Civil War
10 - Thor: Dark World
11 - X-Men: First Class
12 - Dr. Strange
13 - Deadpool
14 - X-Men: Days of Future Past
15 - Iron Man 2
16 - X2
17 - Spider-Man 2
18 - X-Men
19 - Ant-Man
20 - X-Men: Apocalypse
21 - Amazing Spider-Man
22 - Incredible Hulk
23 - Blade
24 - Blade 2
25 - Daredevil (DC)
26 - Amazing Spider-Man 2
27 - Iron Man 3
28 - X-Men Origins: Wolverine
29 - Wolverine
30 - Hulk
31 - Spider-Man 3
32 - X-Men: The Last Stand
33 - Fantastic Four
34 - Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer
35 - Blade: Trinity
36 - Ghost Rider
37 - Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance
38 - Electra
39 - Punisher
40 - Punisher: War Zone
41 - Man-Thing
42-9,000,000 - Any other movie Marvel or Fox or anyone on Youtube creates
9,000,001 - The Fantastic Four Remake

Wow...been a while! Didn't have .... Apocalypse ...

And you still don't.
 Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

EDIT 1: DAMMIT!! FORGOT DEADPOOL!!

And you forgot Man-Thing ... or omitted as it was straight to VHS?? (and what is a VHS?  Grin) and you also forgot the latest Fantastic Four flop. Though, as you can see, I don't blame you!!
 Grin

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #35 on: January 18, 2017, 02:33:24 AM »

Sumnabitch! My edit didn't make it all correct!

It's on the wife's laptop with the saved file of my list WITH Apocalypse on it.

For me, I just can't include Man-Thing. There's just no way I'll put that in a consideration. And I've never seen it because I know it only to be awful. Hell, I didn't put Lundren's Punisher up there, or Hasselhoff's Nick Fury, or Ferrigno Hulk TV movies, or Nicholas Hammond Spidey movies...I just made my own line to drawn.

OR-if it's not up there, it's because I don't feel it's worth rating, even with scorn. Wink

Jimmy T since 2001
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #36 on: January 18, 2017, 02:35:46 AM »

And, wow Perry, I know the FF movies don't fit your bill of what they should have been, but to put X3 above them? Harsh man, harsh!  Cool

Also, in randomness, Blade was on sci-fi the other day. Was watching it, went 'dammit!' and put in the dvd so I could watch the kick ass movie without any commmercials. Damn, but I love me them first 2!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #37 on: January 18, 2017, 11:47:24 AM »

The problem I have with Blade, in all honesty, is the damn STAR. I have always hated Wesley Snipes (though not as badly as Liam Neeson or Tommy Lee Jones  Grin) and he just ruins it all for me. The movies themselves are not as bad as my rating, but my enjoyment of them just suffers so much every time his damn face is on the screen that they have to be rated lower, for me.

As for the F.F. I think my love for that team will always force an over harsh opinion on any product. Even the comics get a harsh review most times when compared to what I was reading when I was younger. Not to say that stuff back then was better (it surely was not most of the time ... at least with the writing), but the MEMORY of reading those books is so grand and so beautiful that when the illusion of that perfection is broken, it makes me me irate. It bugs me.

But hey, that is clearly not the worst crime with any of those films, me being sad about something. No the fact that Dr. Doom has yet to be (even close) projected as he should be shown in any of those movies ... that to me is the biggest of offences.

So yes, while I agree with what you are saying as far as how bad X-3 is on the whole, and it is terrible, it is personally just not as poorly done to me as the FF movies. Had I grown up more an X fan, I am sure I would grade X-3 very differently. Well, no, not too differently.
 Smiley

And I watched about a third of that Man-Thing. Yes, better left in the swamp I say. It may have damaged me.  Cheesy I swear I seen Tommy Lee Jones in the bog scenes.
 Grin Grin

But heck, enough of my mental hangups  Grin... where do you think you would place Apocy on your list?
 Smiley

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #38 on: January 18, 2017, 09:31:37 PM »

Man - I wish I had time to devote to this.  I'll be back......

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #39 on: January 19, 2017, 11:33:16 AM »

With X-men Apocalypse added...stupid Jim....

1.   The Avengers
3.   Iron Man
6.   Spider-Man
9.   Spider-Man 2
11.   Deadpool
12.   Blade II
13.   X2   
14.   Iron Man 2
16.   Dr. Strange
17.   X-men Apocalypse
18.   The Amazing Spider-Man
19.   Ant-Man
20.   Fantastic Four
21.   X-Men: First Class   
22.   Thor
23.   Blade
24.   Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer 
25.   X-Men   
26.   Iron Man 3
27.   The Incredible Hulk
28.   Daredevil (*The Directors Cut; cuz the theatrical release makes no sense)
29.   The Punisher
30.   Spider-Man 3
31.   Hulk
32.   The Amazing Spider-man 2
33.   The Wolverine
34.   Blade: Trinity
35.   Punisher: War Zone
36.   X-Men Origins: Wolverine
37.   X-Men: The Last Stand
38.   Elektra
39.   Ghost Rider
40.   Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #40 on: January 19, 2017, 01:21:20 PM »

Can I assume, Jimmy, that the Josh Trank FF movie is #41? Or does that one qualify for you "not worth the scorn" comment
 Wink

(And I originally just wrote "Trask" movie ... damn comics!!)
 Cheesy

Mitch
HR Super Hero

« Reply #41 on: May 09, 2017, 05:15:21 PM »

I'm having a hard time ranking them in numerical order individually at the moment, so I'll just give my two cents worth in terms of groups.  

THE BEST:  I think the best ones are the "cinematic universe" entries with my favorite is still probably being the one that started the whole joined universe: Iron Man.  All of the Capt America films are strong and right up there at the top as well.  

THE GREAT: I was very surprised at how much I loved the Guardians movies and would rank them highly too, but they're such a different type of movie, it's kinda hard to compare them to the others.  I would probably rank the Avengers movies right under there with Iron Man 2, Thor, and Dr Strange right behind them.  

THE OKAY: I liked Incredible Hulk more than most people apparently but would still rank it downstream from the others.  Thor: Dark World wasn't bad, but to me it still just has that straight-to-video quality to it.

THE "SAW IT AND WISH I COULD SOMEHOW GET THOSE 2 1/2 HOURS BACK":  Iron Man 3.  Wow, what a mess.  I'll buy most of these films to keep for my collection even if it's mediocre, but this one ... saw it at the theater, didn't buy it, and never watched it again.  I guess if I had to give it one positive note it would be that it's better than Spider-Man 3, a film that makes Ernest Goes To Jail look like Citizen Kane.    

In general, regarding the "other" Marvel movies, liked the Garfield Spider-Man movies better than Toby's two (still trying to wash the knowledge of the third one from my mind, see above).  Never saw Deadpool, not interested.  The Fantastic Four movies were pretty crummy but okay to have on the TV in the background while working on something else.  Never saw the new FF, and from the reviews, probably gonna pass.

I've liked all of the X-Men movies okay, probably would be in the middle of a ranked list of all the Marvel movies.  Watched and collected all of them except for the new one, which I really didn't care much for.  Not horrible, just.. I dunno... I can say I saw it and now I'm done with it.  The Logan movie is in a category all it's own and I'm not sure how to include it on a list, if at all.  More of a gritty sci-fi/horror western that I appreciated in a different way than the rest.  
« Last Edit: May 09, 2017, 05:25:13 PM by Mitch » Logged

"I need a day when there aren't twenty crises to deal with, but I don't see that coming any time soon."  - Iron Man (Captain America #29)
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #42 on: June 03, 2017, 05:47:51 PM »

With X-men Apocalypse added...stupid Jim....

1.   The Avengers
3.   Iron Man
6.   Spider-Man
9.   Spider-Man 2
11.   Deadpool
12.   Blade II
13.   X2   
14.   Iron Man 2
16.   Dr. Strange
17.   X-men Apocalypse
18.   The Amazing Spider-Man
19.   Ant-Man
20.   Fantastic Four
21.   X-Men: First Class   
22.   Thor
23.   Blade
24.   Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer 
25.   X-Men   
26.   Iron Man 3
27.   The Incredible Hulk
28.   Daredevil (*The Directors Cut; cuz the theatrical release makes no sense)
29.   The Punisher
30.   Spider-Man 3
31.   Hulk
32.   The Amazing Spider-man 2
33.   The Wolverine
34.   Blade: Trinity
35.   Punisher: War Zone
36.   X-Men Origins: Wolverine
37.   X-Men: The Last Stand
38.   Elektra
39.   Ghost Rider
40.   Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance

Time to update this to include Logan and GotG Vol 2. Or do I just wait until Spider-man Homecoming? that's only in July.

Jimmy T since 2001
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #43 on: July 07, 2019, 01:02:07 AM »

Gotta update this list!

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #44 on: July 07, 2019, 03:10:46 AM »

No kidding- especially now!

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS