HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 05:29:41 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Kung Fu Panda 4 premieres in theaters March 8, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Rate the Marvel Studios Movies  (Read 29994 times)
G:The Last Man
HR Celestial

« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2014, 06:12:05 PM »

Here's my run at a top 10.....

My list includes the latest X-Men flick, and I could probably switch out 1 and 2 easily depending on my mood.  I'm sure this list will change once Guardians of the Galaxy comes out.  Note that I did not list Iron Man at all.  I just don't find the films as interesting as everyone else, and the last Iron Man film was terrible.

1. X-Men Days of Future Past
2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier
3. The Avengers
4. Spider-Man 2
5. Captain America: The First Avenger
6. X-Men First Class
7. Thor: Dark World
8. Blade II
9. Incredible Hulk
10. Punisher War Zone

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2014, 06:43:53 PM »

I just don't find the films as interesting as everyone else, and the last Iron Man film was terrible.

Yeah, but you're a self admitted hater of Iron Man. I wonder if that has ANYTHING to do with you not liking the movies  Wink

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
HR Celestial

« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2014, 07:28:07 PM »

Yeah, but you're a self admitted hater of Iron Man. I wonder if that has ANYTHING to do with you not liking the movies  Wink

I am, but that didn't stop me from giving the movies a chance to impress me.  Otherwise, Avengers would've been lower on my list.

The IM movies just didn't have any lasting effects on me that would make them memorable, which is a sign of a good movie to me.

HR Celestial

« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2014, 01:43:19 PM »

Guardians of the Galaxy just trumped them all, and became my #1 Marvel movie.  Hands down.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2014, 03:28:38 PM »

Guardians of the Galaxy just trumped them all, and became my #1 Marvel movie.  Hands down.

Completely agree.  A new bar has been set IMO.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2014, 03:29:17 PM »

Of course, now that we've hyped it up - Perry will hate it.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2014, 07:51:55 PM »

Of course, now that we've hyped it up - Perry will hate it.

Nawww, man  Grin
My new list

1- CAPTAIN AMERICA: WINTER SOLDIER
2- THE AVENGERS
3- GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY
4- IRON MAN
5- CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE FIRST AVENGER
6- THOR
7- IRON MAN 2
8- THOR: DARK WORLD
9- IRON MAN 3
0- THE INCREDIBLE HULK

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
jedicow
HR Super Hero

« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2014, 12:18:01 PM »

are we doing just the marvel studios movies here or all movies featuring marvel characters?

I am going to go with my top 10 of all the movies (although most of them are going to be marvel studios flicks)

1)the avengers
2)captain America: the winter soldier
3)iron man
4)captain America: the 1st avenger
5)spiderman 2
6)x2
7)thor
8)thor:the dark world
9)the wolverine
10)iron man 2

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2014, 02:38:33 PM »

are we doing just the marvel studios movies here or all movies featuring marvel characters?

We did both. One for just studio and one for all of them.

Still, as much as I had issues with GOTG, I am surprised it didn't make your top 10, buddy. I guess I am safe from most of the tomatoes being aimed at me now
 Grin

I am going to go with my top 10 of all the movies (although most of them are going to be marvel studios flicks)

1)the avengers
2)captain America: the winter soldier
3)iron man
4)captain America: the 1st avenger
5)spiderman 2

Not counting Spiderman, we have 4 of the same top 5 ... on a Marvel Studios only board  Grin Of course if you look back you will see I had Spider-Man 2 at my 11th spot on the all films list. A tad different than you.
 Undecided

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #24 on: August 07, 2014, 02:46:29 PM »

Challenge accepted!

1- THE AVENGERS
2- CAPTAIN AMERICA: WINTER SOLDIER
3- IRON MAN
4- THOR: DARK WORLD
5- CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE FIRST AVENGER
6- IRON MAN 2
7- THOR
8- IRON MAN 3
9- THE INCREDIBLE HULK

I think I'm looking at the Avengers as number 1 because there has been more time since it's release. I'm very 'glowy' about Winter Soldier right now, but Avengers just gets to win out due to the fact they actually made it!!

But yes, 4 and 5 could be switched around. And I really, REALLY liked Dark World  alot more over the first one.

And I could even switch 8 and 9 around. RDJ makes IM3, but there are parts of that movie that just really irritate me. Hulk just suffers because of it's actors alot. I thought everyone was awful except for Blonsky.

To quote, and UPDATE myself.

1- THE AVENGERS
2- CAPTAIN AMERICA: WINTER SOLDIER
3- IRON MAN
4- GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY
5- THOR: DARK WORLD
6- CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE FIRST AVENGER
7- IRON MAN 2
8- THOR
9- IRON MAN 3
10- THE INCREDIBLE HULK

I had recently rewatched Thor: Dark World, and came away simply enjoying the hell outta it. However, Guardians is so new, has some things that did rankle me, but hell I enjoyed it alot! In fact, in this typing, I've moved Dark World and Guardians back around in their spots. Cheesy

The unfortunate thing about both Dark World and Guardians is that the villains and villian mobs are bad guys for bad guys' sake. And that's blah.

Jimmy T since 2001
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2014, 02:50:51 PM »

1- The Avengers
 2- Captain America: The Winter Soldier
 3- Iron Man
 4- Thor: The Dark World
 5- Captain America: The First Avenger
 6- Spider-Man
 7- The Amazing Spider-Man
 8- Blade II
 9- X2  
10- Iron Man 2
11- Spider-Man 2
12- Fantastic Four
13- X-Men: First Class  
14- Thor
15- Blade
16- Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer  
17- X-Men    
18- Iron Man 3
19- The Incredible Hulk
20- Daredevil (*The Directors Cut; cuz the theatrical release makes no sense)
21- The Punisher
22- Spider-Man 3
23- Hulk
24- The Wolverine
25- Blade: Trinity
26- Punisher: War Zone
27- X-Men Origins: Wolverine
28- X-Men: The Last Stand
29- Elektra
30- Ghost Rider
31- *Man-Thing (never saw it, but have a hard time imagining it worse than 'Spirit'  Cheesy )
32- Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance  

I can still put Guardians at #4, but then I remembered that Xmen Days of Future Past and Amazing Spider-man 2.

Days I think will jump in ahead of Fantastic Four at #11, and Amazing Spider-man 2? Pfft....At 19, bumping the Incredible Hulk down.

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2014, 02:55:27 PM »

The unfortunate thing about both Dark World and Guardians is that the villains and villian mobs are bad guys for bad guys' sake. And that's blah.

True, but hopefully that will not be the case too many times.
We are so use to this super large universe that we see a little deeper into the drive and desires of some of these characters, while sadly, at least it seems to me, the general public still needs "just a bad guy" to root for. Plus, a guy yelling "Destroy it. Destroy it all" is a lot easy to deal with considering they will be gone by the time the movie is over. No need for the general public to have a "deeper" character when "crazy, maniac" works just as good for a two hour villain. We get to see their deeper side because we are on a repeat basis with the characters in the comics.
 Grin

And I am waiting a few more days before I change my big list. Want to make sure GOTG is settled in to my brain before I go all willy-nilly
 Grin

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2014, 03:09:49 PM »

True, but hopefully that will not be the case too many times.
We are so use to this super large universe that we see a little deeper into the drive and desires of some of these characters, while sadly, at least it seems to me, the general public still needs "just a bad guy" to root for. Plus, a guy yelling "Destroy it. Destroy it all" is a lot easy to deal with considering they will be gone by the time the movie is over. No need for the general public to have a "deeper" character when "crazy, maniac" works just as good for a two hour villain. We get to see their deeper side because we are on a repeat basis with the characters in the comics.
 Grin

And I am waiting a few more days before I change my big list. Want to make sure GOTG is settled in to my brain before I go all willy-nilly
 Grin

I willed my nilled right away. I saw the movie Friday & Saturday. Now was as good a time as any. Smiley

Yeah, mobs of villains to punch are just stupid. I mean, I believe that 'evil bad looking guys' are todays ninjas/thugs/gangbangers of the 80s films. Stand around the hero in a circle, attack one at a time, have no real drive to win the fight or war. Do as your told. Blah.

At least with Ultron, as long as his motives exist well, then all his robots will feel the same. HA!  Cheesy

Jimmy T since 2001
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2015, 01:09:20 PM »

Hmm....relooking at this, I see no Amazing Spider-man 2 in this list. Or X-men Days of Future Past. Maybe time for an update!!. I'm not forgetting any other ones, am I?

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2015, 08:36:28 PM »

Hmm....relooking at this, I see no Amazing Spider-man 2 in this list. Or X-men Days of Future Past. Maybe time for an update!!. I'm not forgetting any other ones, am I?

Too true. I didn't have Guardians in mine. Of course, in another month we will have to come back and hit this up again, once Avengers 2 hits.
 Grin

And may we should do one with the DC movies included? Well, the Superman and Batman ones, maybe

EDIT - Plus, I think I need to move the original Spidey 2 up a tad. I watched it again a little while back and I did really enjoy it.

01 - Captain America: The Winter Soldier
02 - The Avengers
03 - Guardians of the Galaxy
04 - Iron Man
05 - Captain America: The First Avenger
06 - Thor
07 - Spider-Man 2
08 - Iron Man 2
09 - X-Men Days of Future Past
10 - Thor: Dark World
11 - Spider-Man
12 - X-Men: First Class
13 - X-Men
14 - Iron Man 3
15 - X2
16 - Incredible Hulk
17 - Amazing Spider-Man
18 - Blade
19 - Blade 2
20 - X-Men Origins: Wolverine  
21 - Daredevil (Yes, the directors cut)
22 - The Wolverine
23 - Hulk
24 - Spider-Man 3
25 - X-Men: The Last Stand (Really think I need to slide this down a little more)
26 - Fantastic Four
27 - Fantastic Four: Rise of the Surfer
28 - Blade: Trinity
29 - Amazing Spider-Man 2 (This could go last if I was grading disappointments)
30 - Ghost Rider
31 - Elektra
32 - Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance
33 - Man-Thing
34 -The Punisher
35 - Punisher: War Zone

I think that's right by in large
« Last Edit: March 26, 2015, 08:54:10 PM by Perry » Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS