HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 07:51:47 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Transformers: A New Generation premieres in theaters September 13, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: What up Green Lantern?  (Read 8456 times)
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« on: March 13, 2014, 03:34:15 PM »

Anyone reading this? Nate, I'm looking to you. I know for sure you (and Jeff) are all over Red, but is anything good going on with the Green?

I just read Venditti's interview at Newsarama, and it SOUNDS like cool things are going on, but my viewpoint is that Hal Jordan is a grade-A moron, and him as leader of all the GLC sounds like the worst thing since....well, anything else I could think of in comparison.

AND since I'm almost done with getting all of John's GL run in HC (3 to go!!!!), I'm gearing up for a long reading run, and well, it makes me want to read about the ringslingers again.

Any good news coming out of Mogo? Wink

Jimmy T since 2001
EmeraldWarrior420
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2014, 07:05:31 PM »

No, it's been terrible since the new creative team. I actually dropped both Green Lantern books. And I've followed Green Lantern each and every month since about 1991 or 1992 during the tail-end of Hal's pre-Parallax career.

I've pretty much only been following Red Lanterns, and I pre-ordered Sinestro.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2014, 08:21:02 PM »

I haven't read the GL series in awhile but like Nate, I"m only picking up Red and pre-ordered Sinestro.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2014, 12:33:09 AM »

OH yeah, I'm on board Sinestro as well.

I'd...like to believe the GL books are okay, but yeah, reviews and what I read of others don't paint a good picture. I really don't like the 'finite color energy' in the universe thing. Maybe that is an ultra arc that will be revealed later, but if this stuff tanks, and they off the writers, others would come in and who knows what they'll do?

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2015, 10:37:52 PM »

Anyone know if this got any better?

I love what Venditti did with X-O Manowar over on Valient and I'm going to start picking up Flash.  Just curious if his GL is actually good and I missed it?

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2015, 11:45:13 PM »

I have no idea up until Convergence. I plan to pick up the first issue afterwards with 'Hal Jordan; Fugitive Green Lantern'.

Jimmy T since 2001
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2015, 09:17:42 PM »

Okay, issue 41 came out, new status...I really dug the first issue. I liked Tan's art, and I dug the immediate presence and personality of Venditti's Jordan-a self styled 'Lantern' not affliated with the actual Guardians. Hal with an edge to him that actually makes sense, instead of the 'buck the system cuz that's what I DO'

I'm on board for at least another 3.   Smiley

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2015, 07:27:01 PM »

Grabbing 41 (how far back do I have to go to grasp what's going on here? 3? 4?) and Sinestro ... Hell yes? yes? no? or Hells Nooo?

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2015, 07:35:27 PM »

Grabbing 41 (how far back do I have to go to grasp what's going on here? 3? 4?) and Sinestro ... Hell yes? yes? no? or Hells Nooo?

I liked Sinestro when I was reading it.  I only dropped it because I was making hard chops on the pull list.  The first arc was good (which is all I got).

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2015, 07:41:08 PM »

Grabbing 41 (how far back do I have to go to grasp what's going on here? 3? 4?)

Um, I know that Hal stole the guantlet in #40. Beyond that, I know nothing else. I stopped collecting back at 25. And I'm good with what I read and feeling caught up

and Sinestro ... Hell yes? yes? no? or Hells Nooo?

I like it still! Sinestro (and with the recent issue of #12) gives you the current status of his goals, his agenda, and his Corps. From there, it goes forward. I think Cullen Bunn does a great job giving him the correct voice, and I like it. Due to the events of what happens to the Green Corps (as soon to be seen in Lost Army), Sinestro looks to really go after the universe!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2015, 07:49:05 PM »

Okay, thanks guys!!!

I will ask if Dave knows anything about GL (Hopefully) ... and see if #40 is a good place to start to get into #41 of if I need to grab another issue or 2 as I would hate to miss something important that happened in #39  Grin ... if that even matters

I know I am grabbing Lost #1, so I figured I would see what I need to get somewhat caught up with the GLs and the YL or YLs Smiley

Thanks again!!!!

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS