HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 09:28:21 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Transformers: A New Generation premieres in theaters September 13, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: FLASH!!!  (Read 10746 times)
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« on: March 13, 2014, 02:02:58 PM »

I can't help but look at it!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2014, 03:16:20 PM »

Well enjoy the better views ... HERE
*Click for higher res images

My only complaint is the two tone red. The darker suit with the lighter red chest emblem. Just throws it off a tad. Not bad, don't get me wrong, but just an eye catcher.

Having said that, the mask really does work. Even with the stupid Jim Lee chin guard. The ear bolts are great.

« Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 03:19:00 PM by Perry » Logged

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2014, 03:24:52 PM »

I just wonder if visually in pictures the suit isn't as great; but once lighting on the set occurs/post production, it'll be just fine. I understand darker reds is what's needed, but I'd love a hero coming into their own story where the chest emblem becomes white instead, as a 'symbol to light his way'.

We (well, I) can dream!

Jimmy T since 2001
EmeraldWarrior420
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2014, 07:03:17 PM »

I like it, it looks like The Flash to me. Although the chest-symbol bugs me a little, it's just too much red in his costume without anything else to set it off. The white circle, while small, set off the red a little.

It still doesn't beat this T.V. costume:

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2014, 01:23:18 PM »

I still love John Wesley Shipp's crushed red velvet suit. Always have, always will. I was a little sad that the seriousness and darkness of the pilot episode seemed to be lost as soon as the second episode hit.

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2014, 12:33:58 PM »

Cool

How about a 5 minute trailer?

Looks AWESOME !!! Sadly, on the CW  Roll Eyes Still gonna give it a shot from day one, but looks very much like Arrow (even inside buildings  Grin ... can you say "same set pieces"  Grin) and ... I just can't go down that road again.

There is one good thing however, Guggenhiem is apparently not on the creative team, as far as I can tell, so that is a HUGE boon for me and gives me a tingle of hope.

DAMN I WANT TO LIKE THIS ...

EDIT for spoiler thought. Pure speculation, but still (you may not want to read) -
I bet dollars to donuts that Tom Cavanagh will turn out to be Zoom. The one that kills Barry's mom. I think he is just too big, too good an actor to be the "side line" guy.

Smiley
« Last Edit: May 16, 2014, 12:38:02 PM by Perry » Logged

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2014, 02:22:31 PM »

EDIT for spoiler thought. Pure speculation, but still (you may not want to read) -
I bet dollars to donuts that Tom Cavanagh will turn out to be Zoom. The one that kills Barry's mom. I think he is just too big, too good an actor to be the "side line" guy.

Smiley

Well,

If thats the guy in the wheel chair then that is what happened in John's version - Wally West days

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2014, 03:59:30 PM »

I am SO excited for this. I think I got hooked purely on the speed look, and then the super slow down and rescue. Right there; got me!

I got a friend who says that the reason Flash just won't make it or cut it in movies is because of super speed. How to make it interesting, how to make it believable and interesting. He just thinks people who are running with sped up tech just look stupid.

Looking at older stuff...I can believe it. But man...I want this to be good!!

Oh yeah, I also owe Perry some spoilers about Arrow then. Cheesy Just rememberd.

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2014, 03:13:17 AM »

From BCool

~ "Episodes 8 of both shows, Arrow and Flash, are going to be a two-hour crossover event,” Kreisberg says.

BOOO  Angry

~ “DC’s Geoff Johns says DC wants to keep its film and TV universes separate. Doesn’t want TV writers to try to fit shows into the movies”

YAY !!!!  Cool

~ Prison Break star Wentworth Miller to play Flash Villain Captain Cold.

No Opinion on actor !!!!  Cheesy But happy about Cap Cold !!!!

~ Geoff Johns also says that The Flash tv series will be ”the most faithful DC Comics adaptation ever”

HELL YEAH !!!  Smiley

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2014, 12:27:41 PM »

Sorta ties in with what I mentioned to Jeff and Jimmy already, but good news out of SDCC about the FLASH screening (from a quote I got from BC) - "A jam-packed Ballroom 20 played host to WB’s Flash pilot and the huge audience loved it. It would appear the network has another hit, another Arrow in its quiver so to speak. I could feel the audience’s enthusiasm and excitement. Another thing I noticed is a sizable chunk of the audience being female."

Wink

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2014, 12:54:56 PM »

I so want to see this!!!!

Looking forward to Brandon Routh as the Atom, Ray Palmer, on Ssn 3 of Arrow, who attemps to take over Queen Consolidated. Cheesy

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2014, 03:17:30 PM »

Yeah, man, love that you love it  Smiley

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2014, 06:25:25 PM »

Another thing I noticed is a sizable chunk of the audience being female."

Not to sound sexist, but I will anyway.   Grin

Soap Opera with hot guys?

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2014, 07:26:12 PM »

Another thing I noticed is a sizable chunk of the audience being female."

Not to sound sexist, but I will anyway.   Grin

Soap Opera with hot guys?

CW man. Hot people looking hot while trying not to look hot while talking to shirtless guys. No Steve Buscemi here folks (looks or acting ability).
 Cheesy
Still, that pilot wasn't as ... CW( Wink) as Arrow, but it could easily turn that way. And it probably will. But I like Flash enough to at least stick with it until's I can stands no-mores. Plus, as Barry works with the police, I am hoping that his Central City police will not be complete idiots like the ones hired in Star City. The SCPD always seem to forget that buildings also have doors in the back and consistently allow "bad guys" to escape via that route.
 Wink

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2014, 01:24:11 AM »

LOL.  Yeah, I'm actually looking forward to also.  Can't deny I was a Smallville fan.  But getting Flash and Gotham in the same season - odds are at least one of them will be good.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS