HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 03:17:36 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Transformers: A New Generation premieres in theaters September 13, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Moon Knight  (Read 20895 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2014, 03:45:20 AM »

All right you've convinced me.  Despite my enjoyment I'm gonna drop this.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2014, 12:16:49 PM »

All right you've convinced me.  Despite my enjoyment I'm gonna drop this.

Cheesy

That is pretty funny, buddy. Sadly, I just don't know if you're being facetious or not  Grin

But just in case ...  I'm not suggesting anyone drop this title, I am just venting my frustrations at the way one of my favorite writers is writing this title ... a title featuring a character I really want to read about. Hell, I am thinking about jumping back on after Ellis leaves, in two more issues, because I think the new writer will come in and write a better "Moon Knight" comic than the one Ellis has been passing off.

Now again, that doesn't count last issue, which was more MK centered than any of Ellis' past issues, and maybe 5 and 6 will be even more so, but that last issue and the issue prior were just horrible at leaving me satisfied with their ending.

Were you happy about the way the last issue ended? I mean, did you not get bothered by the complete and sudden stop to the story? Notice how I didn't say the "ending", because issue #4 had no ending at all. Yes, it ended, but that was no ending.

Has no other Moon Knight fan been unhappy with this title?

However, if you are enjoying this title, you should NOT drop it. Don't drop a book you enjoy.

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2014, 01:53:06 PM »

Grin

I'm just picking on you.  But I do agree with you that as great as that issue was it just stopped all of a sudden.  It needed about four more pages I think.

Even though I enjoy the stories, it's not a series I can live without and don't think I'd miss it if I did drop up.  I'm sticking around to see what the new writer does though because I do like Moon Knight.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #33 on: June 15, 2014, 01:15:55 PM »

Grin

I'm just picking on you. 

Grin
Oh, I figured  Tongue

Grin

I am gonna miss that art when Declan Shalvey leaves with Ellis though. That is gonna be a huge hit. Luckily I think the colorist Jordie Bellaire is staying.

Funny how colorists never get any damn props from us fans and they truly do make the book have an important feel and tone. The first four issues of this Moon Knight do nothing but substantiate that 100%. This book just had the perfect fit of artist and colorist.

(And see, even there I separated the colorist from the "artist". Shame on me. Are the colorists not just as much an artist? Yes. Yes, they are. Bad Perry. Gonna try and make a concerted effort to start recognizing them more. I hope)
 Angry

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #34 on: June 17, 2014, 06:07:20 PM »

I've "liked" Moon Knight here and there. But mostly, I follow him due to his creative line-up.

Charlie Huston with Finch when Finch was TRULY great? Hells yeah I'm there.

Bendis on MK? Not a snowball's chance in hell.

Ellis on MK? YE-ah, I don't even get to finish the 'yes' he's gone that fast. Now, Brian Wood is just fine, very good.

But that doesn't sell MK for me. I'll just read it in 6 months on Unlimited.  Grin

Jimmy T since 2001
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #35 on: June 30, 2014, 01:46:23 AM »

Yeah, an over used time machine trip would have me going back 4 months and saying "Skip Ellis Moon Knight. It's okay; you'll be fine if you pass it over."

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #36 on: June 30, 2014, 12:18:52 PM »

I concur.

Good single issue stories, but don't any "needed" advancement of MK.

Hoping the new creative team knocks it out of the park, but sadly, MK hasn't sold well for decades due to the older generation knowing MK's rouges are shite and the younger generation concentrating on him being a Batman rip-off and by doing so totally misunderstand the nuances of that making MK an interesting study.

Black costume / white costume
Superman / Khonshu
True persona(?) / Fake identity(?)
Alfred being like a father / Frenchie being like a brother
Batarang / Cresent dart ... hahaha ... Okay, just threw that in for giggles.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS