HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 08:44:40 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Thunderbolts premieres in theaters July 25, 2025!
Advanced search  
Poll
Question: Love him or Hate him?
Love Him!
Hate Him!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Comic Book Character - Love 'em or Hate 'em? - Rocket Raccoon  (Read 2935 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: February 27, 2014, 06:56:35 PM »

Rocket Raccoon.

Created by Bill Mantlo and Keith Giffen, Rocket is the lovable bad-ass, gun wielding, master tactician, anthropomorphic raccoon of the Guardians of the Galaxy.  Originally acting as the "Guardian of the Keystone Quadrant" he captained his own ship with fellow side kick Wal Rus before eventually winding up on Starlord's team of Guardians by Dan Abnett and Andy Lanning.  With new buddy Groot, Rocket has become a core member of the Guardians of the Galaxy and a fan favorite.  So much so that he will be in this years GoTG movie.

But does everyone love him?  What say thee Realmlers?

I, of course, can't live without him and buddy Groot.

As a side note, I am particularly saddened by the tragedy of Rocket's creator, Bill Mantlo.  On Friday, July 17, 1992 Bill was struck by a hit and run driver and to this day lives in a special care facility with brain damage.  The link below will give you the full story but I warn you - it's a sad one.

http://www.lifehealthpro.com/2011/11/07/tragic-tale

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2014, 08:00:32 PM »

I love Rocket. DnA with him was nothing but pure gold. That, and the fact only he can really hear Groot is that much better. Cheesy

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2014, 09:47:45 PM »

Just easier to  ----
I love Rocket. DnA with him was nothing but pure gold. That, and the fact only he can really hear Groot is that much better. Cheesy

Grin

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
EmeraldWarrior420
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2014, 02:25:55 AM »

I hate cutesy characters. But yeah, he has some funny lines. I really don't know how I feel.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS