HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 06:02:41 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Despicable Me 4 premieres in theaters July 4, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Guardians of the Galaxy  (Read 35023 times)
G:The Last Man
HR Celestial

« Reply #30 on: August 01, 2014, 07:53:04 AM »

Just got home from the 10pm IMAX 3D presentation. I'm beat, but I wanted to share my initial thoughts:

Best movie Marvel has put out to date! Great blend of action and comedy, with great performances all around. Even Drax was funny! Who knew?

And the male lead from Pushing Daisies does a heck of a job as Ronan! And there's Nebula, and, and, and.....

Everyone go see it already!

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #31 on: August 01, 2014, 12:12:57 PM »

Planning on going Saturday night!

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #32 on: August 01, 2014, 12:34:43 PM »

Not until Wednesday for me.

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #33 on: August 01, 2014, 01:14:26 PM »

Going this Friday night; 7:00! Gonna be awful crowds (, I think), but I'm going anyways!

Then again on Saturday with the brother in law. Grin

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #34 on: August 01, 2014, 07:56:09 PM »

We have a theater here that gives out assigned seating and serves food and beverages to your seat.  We are all set!

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #35 on: August 01, 2014, 09:18:59 PM »

We have a theater here that gives out assigned seating and serves food and beverages to your seat.  We are all set!

Yep, cinema houses are cool. I still have to hit the one we have, as it is still too theater like to me. Ya know, full of people Cheesy Just hoping that damn theater I am going to on base will have the same number of people in it this Wednesday as it did when  the Mrs and I went to the Cap 2 movie. Five. Counting the Mrs and me.
 Cheesy

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
jedicow
HR Super Hero

« Reply #36 on: August 02, 2014, 02:57:57 AM »

my daughter and i are going to the IMAX tomorrow to see it.

HR Celestial

« Reply #37 on: August 02, 2014, 04:16:22 AM »

An awesome experience.  That's how I watched X-Men Days of Future Past.  Can't beat FULLY reclining leather seats.

Between my daughter, my best friend, and myself, we spent like $100 on food and drink in a span of two hours!  My daughter hit the service button every chance we got, and we were eating fancy food like pulled pork tacos and sliders!  Gourmet fries and popcorn drizzled with cheese and caramel was a big hit too!

I'll save my dollars again to watch Avengers 2 the same way. Cool

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #38 on: August 02, 2014, 01:18:44 PM »

Really, really cool movie! I"m going again today, as my first views are usually very judge-y and critical, but I had a great time, and now I get to watch it again -relaxed, this time-and enjoy it even more!

(Yeah, I'm odd. I get way too hypercritical about comic movies, and I want to enjoy it, but I don't want my fanboyness make gold outta a turd #greenlantern)

Can't wait to see it again!

Jimmy T since 2001
HR Celestial

« Reply #39 on: August 02, 2014, 01:49:46 PM »

Really, really cool movie! I"m going again today, as my first views are usually very judge-y and critical, but I had a great time, and now I get to watch it again -relaxed, this time-and enjoy it even more!

(Yeah, I'm odd. I get way too hypercritical about comic movies, and I want to enjoy it, but I don't want my fanboyness make gold outta a turd #greenlantern)

Can't wait to see it again!

Whatcha think of that super nod to the 80s at the very end? Smiley

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #40 on: August 02, 2014, 02:05:19 PM »

Oh, I knew something like that had to be coming, but when it happened, I laughed my ass off!!  Cheesy Grin Cheesy

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #41 on: August 02, 2014, 09:30:51 PM »

3 hours and counting.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #42 on: August 03, 2014, 12:24:48 AM »

Sitting in the theater having a beer. 6 minutes to go.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #43 on: August 03, 2014, 05:54:49 AM »

Yep.  Best Marvel movie of all times....to date any way.

Loved it loved it LOVED IT!

One of the things I loved most but really wish we had more of....

Cosmo!  Loved the nod to the fans but really would have loved to hear him talk instead of Howard the Duck.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #44 on: August 03, 2014, 12:34:20 PM »

Oh, I knew something like that had to be coming, but when it happened, I laughed my ass off!!  Cheesy Grin Cheesy

That had be joke like the schwarma scene in Avengers, right?

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS