HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 11:19:38 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Thunderbolts premieres in theaters July 25, 2025!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: "GRAYSON," "ROBIN RISES: OMEGA" HIGHLIGHT DC COMICS' JULY 2014 SOLICITATIONS  (Read 6331 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: April 22, 2014, 09:58:05 PM »

The DC Solicits are out for July!  Looks like we get spoiled on the fate of Nightwing.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=52321

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
EmeraldWarrior420
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2014, 10:57:14 PM »

I think the change is stupid. I see no reason why they couldn't have just made a new character for this.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2014, 11:20:22 PM »

This is just stupid. Glad I had already decided to cut down my titles ... again ... or I would be pissed that I was planning on buying this. Absolutely no sense making this book with this character. And the juvenile tag line? Really? Well I'm sure I won't know Dick for a long time according to this solicit.

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2014, 10:39:36 PM »

I might try it but I don't really get why they didn't just create a new character either.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2014, 03:14:21 AM »

"You don't know Dick."

WOW. That's where you want to go with it?

I read comics for the suits and the colors. I do. Dick Grayson needs to be a in suit. I don't care about spy comics, or guns and bombs comics. Boring. I want my hyper super hero action. I won't be here for this.

That said, 10 DC books, and 4 Marvel. 6 of those are through DCBS.

I'm getting closer to my 'Keep it in the trades!' quest as well. Smiley

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2014, 07:46:33 AM »

"You don't know Dick."

WOW. That's where you want to go with it?

Yeah, bugged the hell out of me as well. Look, it is well known that I am a guy that can throw some vulgarity around, but this kinda crap is just stupid. It is the same juvenile crap the pulled with their "WTF Certified" idea ... that they then back tracked away from faster than Barry's Flash suit coming out of his ring.

It's tough man. I wish you better luck than I am having.  Grin Though I am down to 4 titles, and amazed myself by dropping an Ellis book, I got lucky that this "Grayson" title is not something I thought it would be and I really do hear the siren call of that Spider-Man 2099. Really not sure I will be able to resist it. I will be back to 5 titles soon and then ....
 Grin

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2014, 01:50:40 PM »

It's tough man. I wish you better luck than I am having.  Grin Though I am down to 4 titles, and amazed myself by dropping an Ellis book, I got lucky that this "Grayson" title is not something I thought it would be and I really do hear the siren call of that Spider-Man 2099. Really not sure I will be able to resist it. I will be back to 5 titles soon and then ....
 Grin

Yeah; I read how you were getting sick of doing the turn around of selling comics you bought to then go after the trades, but for now, I'm fine with doing that. I'm actually amazingly hyper excited with how much of all my new comics I am selling instead of keeping!  Cheesy

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2014, 03:07:47 PM »

Yep, it's a fun hobby on a hobby.  Wink

We should enjoy the heck out of it while we can. Won't be long until the states wise up and start charging sales tax on all inner state Ebay sales and the Feds start looking into people not claiming the funds as income.  Undecided Actually surprised it hasn't happened yet.

I mean, it's technically like a yard sale, but if they can track it easy with Ebay, they will.

Of course if they start charging me for money made on items I already purchased and paid taxes on, I will start claiming the difference in the initial purchase price as tax deductions.
 Cheesy

Wow, I went sideways with this post. Sorry ...
 Undecided

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS