HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 02:37:43 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The Hunger Games: Songbird and Snakes premieres in theaters November 17, 2023.
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Warner Bros. Casts a Surprise LEX LUTHOR and ALFRED for SUPERMAN / BATMAN  (Read 7252 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: January 31, 2014, 08:05:05 PM »

Jesse Eisenberg is the next Lex Luthor, as officially announced by Warner Bros. Friday afternoon. He'll play the role in Man of Steel 2 commonly referred to as Superman/Batman.

Alongside the announcecement of Eisenberg's casting was that of Jeremy Irons as Alfred, Bruce Wayne's butler, father figure, and confidant.

Full story HERE

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
EmeraldWarrior420
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2014, 12:47:05 AM »

Maybe he's playing a young Lex Luthor, like in a flashback or origin scene or something.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2014, 01:00:49 AM »

I don't know. If DC is using MAN OF STEEL as their 1st DC world building movie his age is about right as he and Cavell are the same age (well, within 6 months).

Good get by DC regardless as he is a pretty damn good actor.

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2014, 02:10:57 AM »

I have to admit I'm intrigued by this choice. It could be an interesting portrayal.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
jedicow
HR Super Hero

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2014, 04:39:20 AM »

i like both choices.  i am not too familiar with eisenberg, but what i have seen i thought he was pretty good.  besides, what do i know...i thought RDJ was an awful choice for iron man and he certainly changed my mind.

G:The Last Man
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2014, 08:26:53 AM »

"Heisenberg" would have been cooler......

Eisenberg annoys me.....his voice isn't pleasing to hear AT ALL.  I'd wonder if he would try to change it up and sound more convincing as Luthor.

Jeremy Irons as Alfred is awesome.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2014, 12:59:01 PM »

Contains MAN OF STEEL SPOILERS!!!!!!!!

Smiley
« Last Edit: February 01, 2014, 01:01:51 PM by Perry » Logged

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
G:The Last Man
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2014, 05:53:46 PM »

Yup his voice still annoys me

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2014, 05:56:50 PM »

Another reason to hate the bad guy then?  Grin

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2014, 06:44:53 PM »

I thought he could act...at least, I hope so. Perhaps it will just take the gravitas of the role to bring magnficence out of him.

(Heath Ledger as that early bum-looking Joker, anyone? Michael Keaton as Batman?)

At least, I have to hope. Warner Bros has me hanging by a thread here; if this is earth shattering comet of destruction for DC movies, it'll be another 15 years before they recover.

Jimmy T since 2001
EmeraldWarrior420
HR Celestial

« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2014, 06:56:30 PM »

I just don't see him having that sense of authority about him that Lex should command. That is unless they plan on going with the goofy Gene Hackman version of the character (I really hope not).

I hope I'm proven wrong, though. It's happened before with strange actor choices in comic movies (Kingpin in Daredevil comes immediately to mind).

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS