HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 11:16:04 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Blade premieres in theaters November 7, 2025.
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Is Lex evil yet?  (Read 4415 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: January 20, 2014, 04:44:14 PM »

One of my recent, incoherent rants was about how I feel that DC is not taking the time to show "early year" stories of these NU characters. Part of that rant came from the fact that Lex, who has only been around in this universe for just over 2 years, is now going to be a member(?) of the Justice League. My complaint was he has barely had time to be an evil genius yet and they are making him a hero already.

However, I started thinking ... Has Lex actually been shown to be evil yet in this universe or is he just known as a smart man?

If it is the latter, than wow, I take back most of what I bitched about.  Cheesy

(Still doesn't excuse DC from not taking the time to show "early stories" of other characters, but that one would be one shining light anyway)
 Smiley

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2014, 02:16:56 AM »

Um...ah...man, I don't know. He does evil things (as seen in a Justice League leading up to Forever Evil where he purposely scuttles a shuttle to crash into the town of the opposing business' man's home just to wreck him to buy him out).

But why was he in jail in his first appearance? Because prior continuity counted...or kinda didn't...or does....not..

whatever.

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2014, 12:41:32 PM »

He was in jail at the onset? Okay, well, there goes my thinking that he could be evil (or a bad guy) but very few people know it and that is why he is in the Justice League. Only chance now is for them to just be putting him in as a consultant. Using his knowledge about something to be the ends that justifies the means. Just sucks if everyone knows who is is and yet they actually put him on the team as a member.

Still would not be as bad as Magneto joining the X-Men (worst thing that has happened in modern comics), or having Ultra Man push the damn moon to cover the sun (the most idiotic thing that has happened in modern comics), but still ...

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2014, 12:58:11 PM »

He was in a jail in the middle of ...Utah? In the most complex designed, million traps every 5 feet, larger than the Pentagon, manned by hundreds of people, beyond super-super max prison. They never shut it down, and the only one who could survive even making it in was...Superman.

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2014, 05:03:33 PM »

I think they are copying Marvel with the whole Norman Osborn being te hero of Secret Invasion and becoming leader of the Avengers.  I think Lex is going to be the hero of Forever Evil.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2014, 06:30:42 PM »

I think they are copying Marvel with the whole Norman Osborn being te hero of Secret Invasion

Another totally stupid idea. Not as bad as Magneto joining the X-Men, but still ... I mean, really? I am all for rehabilitation and turning a villain into a hero, ala Gladiator, Rogue, Luke Cage, etc ... but when you take a character known to be a mass murderer and elevate him to hero or have him working beside the very people he has caused physical and emotional harm to, it just ruins the entire concept of "super-hero".

People still won't let Hank Pym get past the ONE TIME slapping of his wife, but Magneto? The guy who was out to wipe out humanity and has killed hundreds of people? Sure, lets put him on a team that's sole goal is to show how homo superior and homo sapien can live and work together
 Roll Eyes

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS