HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 09:31:04 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Mission Impossible Dead Reckoning Part 2 premieres in theaters May 23, 2025!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: February Preorders - Whatcha gettin?  (Read 16956 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #30 on: February 09, 2014, 07:54:51 PM »

BLACK SCIENCE #6 (It's proven itself as a shelf deserving title)
VELVET Vol-1 trade

DC
BATMAN #30
BATMAN ETERNAL #1
BATMAN ETERNAL #2
BATMAN ETERNAL #3
BATMAN ETERNAL #4

DETECTIVE COMICS #30  (Maybe. Probably not, just want to see Manapul's art on Bats)

MARVEL
SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN #31
AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #1
FANTASTIC FOUR #3
INHUMAN #1 (Been dying to read this, even more with Soule on as writer)
INVADERS #4
IRON FIST #1 really scared of the resell value with this one.
MOON KNIGHT #2
ORIGINAL SIN #0 Marvel changing the price to $5 made me kill this title
THOR: GOD OF THUNDER #21

Decided to once again try to work my way out of the monthlies by forcing new titles I want to add out of my list. As I have been waiting to read that damn INHUMAN title for awhile, I can't quite cut it ... yet, but no reason I can't force myself not to buy the DC weekly Bat book after I successfully stopped myself from adding that Iron Fist title.

That brings my monthly titles back down to 7 and if the two Robinson books don't pick up soon, I will drop them and be back to my 5 title low mark. Hopefully, a few months down the road I can ween myself off a couple more and get to that point of being a trade/HC buyer only.

If not, well, I may finally just shut my damn mouth and forget the entire dream
 Cheesy

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2014, 11:10:25 PM »

I decided to go ahead and take Earth 2 off the list.  I think the shift in writing was too much for me.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2014, 11:28:06 PM »

I see you are getting that DREAM POLICE by JMS, Jeff. I am not sure, but I believe that is just a reprint of the book that was printed under the ICON imprint when JMS was a Marvel. If you never got that issue or you just want to get this in case he continues the series ... finally ... then cool, but I didn't want you to buy a book you already had by mistake.

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #33 on: February 16, 2014, 11:47:08 PM »

I see you are getting that DREAM POLICE by JMS, Jeff. I am not sure, but I believe that is just a reprint of the book that was printed under the ICON imprint when JMS was a Marvel. If you never got that issue or you just want to get this in case he continues the series ... finally ... then cool, but I didn't want you to buy a book you already had by mistake.

I wasn't aware that it had been printed under Marvel so I did some digging based on your post.  Looks like this is going to be a new 12 issue run so JMS can flush out the characters more.

I found the article below:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=46407

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #34 on: February 17, 2014, 01:03:09 AM »

Cool. Just didn't want you to double up by mistake.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #35 on: February 19, 2014, 12:53:27 PM »

I went ahead and dropped Dream Police.  With Futures End starting up in next months order I'm going to need to make room.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS