HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 05:28:08 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Blade premieres in theaters November 7, 2025.
Advanced search  
Poll
Question: Love him or Hate him?
Love Him!
Hate Him!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Comic Book Character - Love 'em or Hate 'em? - The Riddler  (Read 3174 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: January 30, 2014, 07:09:20 PM »

Some comic book villains are motivated by greed, or the need for revenge, or pure and simple insanity. The Riddler is a little different - you might say he embarked on a career in crime for the fun of it, at least in a very specific way. Obsessed with puzzles, mind-games, and elaborate death traps, he's compelled to commit crimes that involve some form of complex mental challenge. -IGN

As his origin wraps up in Zero Year I wondered what the Realm thinks of this classic Batman villain.  He was my favorite as a kid so I have to go for the Love Him category.

What say thee?  Love 'em or Hate 'em?

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
EmeraldWarrior420
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2014, 07:36:59 PM »

Cheesy to the max! Yeah, I hate him.

G:The Last Man
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2014, 05:33:49 AM »

Just because his name is E.Nigma.....I hate him.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2014, 05:18:07 PM »

Well someone isn't voting as we've had two in a row "hate 'ems" yet only one hate him vote
 Wink

Always liked him. Always. One of my fav Batman villains. A no strength bad-guy who has to test the smarts of Bats as a compulsion. Dude tells you what he is going to do, just to test if you can outsmart him. I always like that side of him. And any character that can be portrayed by Frank Gorshin automatically gets bonus points.

Plus his outfit(s) are almost solely responsible, in my eyes ... even though Joker and others had done it first, for the colors green and purple being associated with the bad guys.  Wink

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2014, 02:56:05 PM »

I love the Riddler. The onesy look with all the question marks, no thank you. However, the one that found out Bruce was Batman, went kinda legit after some brain injury, but became diabolically evil after he recovered, I love that kind of Riddler.

Jimmy T since 2001
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS