HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 05:39:47 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Deadpool 3 premieres in theaters May 3, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: DC editorial fails again  (Read 7276 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: October 29, 2013, 01:31:05 PM »

So I am listening to Savage Critic (A show ... it's okay in short doses  Grin) and they are discussing how the new JUSTICE LEAGUE of AMERICA Hardcover is screwed. DC, in all its wisdom, produced a collection of JLA to put in a HC. They included issues 1-7 in this HC. The problem is that the last two issues of that run, are tied into the TRINITY WAR. Soooo, you read issue #6, it ends in a cliff hanger. The problem is, as this is a cross-over event, the end of issue #6 was resolved elsewhere, in another title, so when you flip the page, to start issue #7, there is nothing there about the ending of issue #6. It does not have anything about what happened. Just a totally different flow of story.
 Grin

Of course, then, issue #7 ends with a "To be continued"

Hey DC, that is NOT how you should work "Collections". Collections should contain a flow, not a jarring, abrupt middle that is not resolved in the next issue of the book. Why not wait a few months, make the HC issues 1-5, 9-10 (or whatever issues that are not tied into Trinity) and make sure the consumer knows that the Trinity issues will be in the TRINITY WAR HC!!!!

Idiots !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roll Eyes

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2013, 03:41:14 PM »

Ugh....bad move there!

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2013, 04:47:22 PM »

One that would have been so easily remedied. That is what kills me.

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
G:The Last Man
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2013, 05:17:54 PM »

Laziness DC. 

HC/trade-waiter problems....... Grin

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2013, 05:36:43 PM »

Cheesy
No, Good thing about trade waiting is you hear about this before hand. Plus, you don't waste money on a story that sucks in the first place.
 Wink

G:The Last Man
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2013, 07:25:12 PM »

I poke fun at those that wait around in anticipation for consecutive issues of a single title they want, only to have to deal with this clusterfu#%......Thank goodness the ones that I collect in HC aren't flagship books that are subjected to cross-overs and the like....

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2013, 10:02:34 PM »

Hand slap to head.  Repeat.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
EmeraldWarrior420
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2013, 10:32:53 PM »

The current Avengers series will be no different. The entire thing is a lead-in to Infinity.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2013, 11:09:01 PM »

No, you can read that alone.

EmeraldWarrior420
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2013, 11:12:42 PM »

No, you can read that alone.

Yeah, but in how many TPB volumes? They won't fit the entire series into just 1.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2013, 01:51:15 AM »

That's not the issue of this editorial screw up. To have a collection not include a continuance of an event, in the middle of the collection, is inexcusable. We are not talking about buying "x" amount of books to get the entire story, we are talking about buying a set of comics that should flow one to the other. 

Think of the issues as chapters of the story ... there are three novels to LORD OF THE RINGS, so to get the entire story, you have to buy all three books. Just like if you want all of the current AVENGERS story, you may have to buy three books.

However, if you were reading  LORD OF THE RINGS: FELLOWSHIP and at the end of chapter 23, Frodo is hiding from the Nazgul behind a tree and then you flip the page and the start of chapter 24 has Frodo talking to an owner of an inn, you would be somewhat perplexed. How the hell did Frodo get there? THAT is what DC is doing with this trade.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2014, 01:18:16 AM »

He may have his detractors in fandom, but I am telling you now ... DC losing Marts back to Marvel is a crushing blow to an already weak as hell editorial staff. Huge get by Marvel. HUGE. He is so respected by the creators it is not even funny. Marvel was pulling in great creators left and right already, but with this hire ... This is close to being like when Marvel and Shooter parted ways.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS