HR Boards
August 25, 2019, 04:10:23 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IT: Chapter Two premieres in theaters September 26, 2019!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Jimmy, question ...  (Read 1130 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: February 02, 2014, 08:42:34 AM »

You are buying a lot of those DC hardcovers, so I am coming to you for help. Do the hardcovers do a good job with gutter separation? In other words is there lost art at the binding like some hardcovers or can you see the gutter line without putting too much pressure on the spine?

Thinking about going Hardcover for Batman, but if it is like a lot of trades/hardcovers, with glued binding, if they don't give it extra room at the binding, you really have to press down to get the full panels. It is the one thing I hate about my EARTH X trades (and another reason I am getting ready to get the Hardcover of that, as Marvel has gone to stitch binding on a lot of their more than 10 issue hardcovers)

Super props to Image, by the way (or perhaps just Kirkman???), as all my WALKING DEAD and INVINCIBLE Hardcovers have fantastic stitched binding that you can easily see everything and you're not worried about the glue failing over time.

What troubles me
A) I hate that DC only puts like 6 issues in their Hardcovers (like Marvel with their "Premeire" hardcovers)  Angry
B) Glued binding.

Thanks in advance.
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2014, 01:25:36 PM »

There is a little loss in the center, but even if with widening the opening of the covers, it actually looks pretty good. They are rather new and stiff, so I kind of read to that, but I've reread WW 1, Aquaman 1, Batman 1,2,3, and I feel I haven't lost much to the gutter. At least, not so that noticed and was irritated.

Hope that helps.

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2014, 01:27:50 PM »

Sure does, thanks
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS