HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 06:19:08 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Dune: Part Two premieres in theaters March 15, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: COSMIC ODYSSEY  (Read 6003 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: January 08, 2014, 03:08:31 PM »

Anyone remember this series?
Good, bad, forgettable, memorable ??
Thinking about looking into it, but figured I would inquire first.
 Grin

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2014, 08:51:43 PM »

No but it does look interesting.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
EmeraldWarrior420
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2014, 12:24:01 AM »

I liked it. Good Darkseid story, and almost a crossover event with the amount of heroes showing up. And this is where
John Stewart destroys a planet due to his arrogance,
which has plagued the character's psyche ever since.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 12:24:35 AM by EmeraldWarrior420 » Logged

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2014, 04:58:02 PM »

Did you try this out?

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2014, 08:05:36 PM »

Did you try this out?

No  Undecided
Forgot to ask Dave, my DC owning SoB  Wink Grin, if he had it.

I have also not read past page 3 of that Exiles I wanted to talk about, nor have I read anymore of that Superman Krypton story that I now have all the issues ... I think.

I suck. I suck !!!
 Grin

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2014, 03:51:49 AM »

I hear ya.  I haven't finished that first issue of Exiles either.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2015, 03:44:23 PM »

Finally got this thing. Will read when the fire hits me again.  Cheesy

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2015, 10:35:08 PM »

Started reading this thing. Saddened that the introduction of the trades kinda spoils some crap.  Undecided Angry

Also, I am not sure I am going to like Starlin's Batman. The reason? Well, one of Darkseid's Hunger Dogs (I think that is what they are called? Right?)

gets left behind on Earth after Superman and Lightray beat back a group that had "boom tubed" to Earth to place a generator for ... well ... future stuff. They all get beaten and decide to go back, but one of them doesn't' make the Boom. This Darkseid Goon, or Goon as I will now refer to him (my apologies to Erik Powell) starts eating people and Batman, on the case, discovers and confronts him. Fighty fight ensues. Goon throws Bats few time and then comes at Bats with a knife. Bat then states -

"In order to survive in this line of work you have to know when you're beaten. What you do then is change your tactics. I usually don't like using weapons. Especially firearms, but I'm flexible, able to adapt to the situation"

Roll Eyes

He then picks up the gun that Goon had previously, yells "DROP IT!", Goon leaps towards Bats and Bats does what Bats would normally do and blows a huge hole in Goons chest.

Wha..... Wait .... ??

Eh, I don't know, it kinda hit me as off.

I stopped reading there. Not because I hated all that I had read, but after this Bat thing I think I just needed a break.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS