HR Boards
January 17, 2021, 03:41:28 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Blade reboot premieres in theaters tentatively in 2022!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: SUPERGIRL  (Read 2542 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: January 04, 2014, 08:41:35 AM »

Hey DC guys, how long has Tony Bedard been on Supergirl? Is it good?

"I do not have OCD. I know. I've checked. Three or four hundred times and I definitely don't. I stopped myself from catching it by washing my hands an even number of times"
David Mitchell
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2014, 11:46:10 AM »

I gave up on this title at issue 4. Didn't care for Kara really then, and to be completely honest, I cannot stand this utterly ridiculous 90s costume thing. They can do that, but are too chickenshit to give her or Diana pants? C'mon people.

Um...as for the book, I'd like to trust Bedard to do a good job, but I almost feel that he's not really ever hit the high on my personal respons-o-meter like he did with Negation.

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2014, 11:49:07 AM »

... but I almost feel that he's not really ever hit the high on my personal respons-o-meter like he did with Negation.

Sadly, from what I have seen since, I agree. Its just that he was SOOOO damn good on that title, I keep searching for that "better high". I should know better, as any junkie will tell ya, you can chase all you want, but that high will never be as good as it was that first time.
 Undecided

"I do not have OCD. I know. I've checked. Three or four hundred times and I definitely don't. I stopped myself from catching it by washing my hands an even number of times"
David Mitchell
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2014, 11:55:05 AM »

Once he was settled in on REBELs in the pre-New 52, that book was damned good too. It's got Brainiac 2 and 3, and watching genius father and son pitting against each other was really good. Trades were really easy to fine as well.

Jimmy T since 2001
EmeraldWarrior420
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2014, 01:29:27 PM »

I have never been a fan of the character, before really. But I started buying it when Cyborg Superman showed up, because I was a big fan of the Death & Return of Superman. And I've found myself buying the book since without planning to. So yeah, I guess I like it, it's good.

She does have a lot of that teenage angst thing going, but instead of moping around with it like other characters that have it, she gets pissed and hits things, a lot. But now that we know she's becoming a Red Lantern, I'm sure it was planned character development. But I think that's why I like it, lots of action in an era of comics that favors talking heads.

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2014, 08:12:37 PM »

Tony Bedard and Charles Soule just did an interview over on Newsarama about Bedard taking on Supergirl, and he(Bedard) makes me very much want to read the book now.

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2014, 04:46:28 AM »

Have to take a peek ... maybe ... (don't really want to look as it may lead to something)  Cheesy

David Mitchell
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS