HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 05:20:57 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Godzilla vs Kong 2 premieres in theaters April 12, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Return of Earth Prime?  (Read 5502 times)
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« on: January 14, 2014, 08:16:39 PM »

Or whatever the hell Earth was called in the pre-New 52 (ugh..PN52 and N52 it is)

So, with Jeff's comment, naive hope and all, that Wally returning would signal the return of PN52...here's this...

Do you think it will ever happen?

(and yes, of course it COULD)

Looking at it, we are approaching finishing the 3rd year since Flashpoint, should we ever dream of it going back? Honestly...I don't believe it will. EVER.

If it would have, it would have had to happen, say, last year, before the big pushes of Trinity War, opening up the portal for Earth-3 and the CSA to come through, and all the hubbub of Forever Evil and the marketing plans to come forth from that ending.

That's my stance; since it wasn't done now, I don't believe it ever will. Any new readers that may have acutally come to the N52 would be utterly screwed if they went backwards, and I don't think they ever will. Why would they? Anyone that came over and stayed is going to stay, and anyone new only knows this. Only win/win for DC.

Discuss.

Jimmy T since 2001
EmeraldWarrior420
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2014, 08:29:21 PM »

I'd love to see it happen. But it's nothing more than wishful thinking. DC has a history of sticking to their guns (Post-Crisis Universe, Kyle Rayner GL, Wally West taking over as Flash, etc.)

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2014, 09:11:22 PM »

DC has a history of sticking to their guns (Post-Crisis Universe, Kyle Rayner GL, Wally West taking over as Flash, etc.)

I know what you mean Nate but that sentence made me laugh since Hal Jordan is back to being Green Lantern and Barry Allen is the Flash.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
EmeraldWarrior420
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2014, 09:14:49 PM »

DC has a history of sticking to their guns (Post-Crisis Universe, Kyle Rayner GL, Wally West taking over as Flash, etc.)

I know what you mean Nate but that sentence made me laugh since Hal Jordan is back to being Green Lantern and Barry Allen is the Flash.

Yeah, a decade and a half later.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2014, 10:18:13 PM »

That's a good point.  So we'll get our universe back somewhere in the neighborhood of 2027.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2014, 01:06:46 PM »

One of the smartest things DC thought to do was to include that "Pandora out" in-case this "new 52" didn't work. It did and there's no going back now. Or no going back FOR now.
 Smiley

Will they ever return to the old? My personal opinion is absolutely yes. How many years from now? That all depends on the sales. If DC is still in the 27-39% range for units sold, I don't see it happening. If they drop to about 22% then oh yeah, I can see them calling on Flash and Pandora to return them to the "Old 96" (or however many main DC titles they were publishing back in 2010)

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2014, 01:17:20 PM »

..... to the "Old 96" (or however many main DC titles they were publishing back in 2010)

Are you quoting 'The Great Outdoors' and the ol'96er?

"He ain't done yet...ya gotta eat the gristle too"

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2014, 01:49:25 PM »

HAHA, I wish that was the case, but no, didn't even cross my mind.

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS