HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 12:18:34 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Captain America: New World Order premieres in theaters February 14, 2025!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Christmas Thread  (Read 18424 times)
EmeraldWarrior420
HR Celestial

« Reply #30 on: December 25, 2013, 10:40:12 PM »

^ Nice set of albums.

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #31 on: December 26, 2013, 02:56:15 PM »

Merry Christmas all!

If anything, I'm thankful that at this time of year, that I still have some very good friends at the Realm that I've been able to know and talk comics with for well over TEN YEARS.

But I actually got a bunch of moola, so it's off to the comic shop for the day after sales!

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #32 on: December 26, 2013, 04:18:44 PM »

Yes, cash, the one gift I will always be glad to get, regardless of occasion.
 Grin

I did receive another gift before the end of Christmas. My wife told me last night, after apparently looking over my shoulder as I was typing my post here yesterday, that if I continue to 'joke' about beating my family, she would produce a "boot of her own deep within my back-side" and I should take the fact I still have teeth as another gift in and of itself, after such poor taste at joviality.

So, in an effort to save on my dental bill and of course avoid any pain directed at my posterior, I will no longer be joking about beating family members for buying me gifts.
 Grin

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #33 on: December 26, 2013, 06:21:20 PM »

Happy Wife, Happy Life.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
EmeraldWarrior420
HR Celestial

« Reply #34 on: December 26, 2013, 07:01:25 PM »

I had a fantastic Christmas with a very loving family, and I made out like a bandit. I seriously don't know what I did to make the in-laws so happy, but I got almost $200 cash from them! I was floored! So a 3DS is definitely in my future!

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #35 on: December 26, 2013, 09:57:49 PM »

Happy Wife, Happy Life.

Nooo doubt.

If Daddy aint happy, he aint happy, but if Momma aint happy, no-ones happy.

Grin

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #36 on: December 26, 2013, 11:16:31 PM »

With money (and now Amazon, ebay, and B&N hunting), I will have/get/be getting

Aquaman Vol 1,2,3 (HC)
Batman Vol 2(HC) (got 1 already)
WW Vol 1,2 (HC)
Uncanny Avengers Vol 1 (HC)

So yup; as I make my transition into selling monthlies for trades, I realize that those initial New 52 HCs are disappearing, so I got to get them if I want them!

Why no Superman? Well, 'Superman' title itself sucked hard, so I'll be just selling those off (at a steep loss, probably), and I won't look on those. Action? Well, I Figure at some point Morrison's Action run will become an Omnibus or Absolute Edition, then I'll probably get it. Although, Action is kinda my stupid pleasure, as I love to always have all the copies of Action comics published. I rid myself of the need for that with Amazing Spider-man, but I have a hard time shaking the Action kick. That, and they used Action to restart the New 52, so it has burned itself into my neurons as "this means something!" when, yeah, I know it doesn't, but what ya gonna do? Wink

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #37 on: January 02, 2014, 09:44:17 PM »

Look what else I got for Christmas!

(if you can't see the pic let me know.)

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #38 on: January 02, 2014, 09:47:43 PM »

I expect a free ounce of that blue stuff ASAP!!!

Grin

EDIT - That was a "cool" by the way. Not giving you a hard time. I like it.
Sometimes, me being an ass most times, I need to clarify that better than I do.
 Grin
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 06:26:25 AM by Perry » Logged

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #39 on: January 05, 2014, 01:40:46 AM »

I expect a free ounce of that blue stuff ASAP!!!

Grin

EDIT - That was a "cool" by the way. Not giving you a hard time. I like it.
Sometimes, me being an ass most times, I need to clarify that better than I do.
 Grin

No insult at all.  I think the hat is funny and I wear it like I own it!

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS