HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 08:22:30 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Dune: Part Two premieres in theaters March 15, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: My first ebay auctions  (Read 9472 times)
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« on: December 08, 2013, 03:22:14 AM »

Well, I'll take any feedback that thou wisheth to grant. I figure if I have done something stupid here, eh, it's only X-men trades Cheesy

http://www.ebay.com/usr/jjt302

So..yeah, lets see how much commitment I put towards this. Would like to think I'll keep the wherewithal to continue on past growing pains....

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2013, 07:29:14 PM »

Only thing I can honestly say is I think you may be a tad high on your set of two trades. And by a "tad", I mean extremely high.
 Wink

I mean, In Stock Trades, HERE, has the Miller one for $9.34 and Blood for $7.12 = $16.46.

I guess you may get a guy that cares if it is a first printing, so crossing my fingers there for ya, but you usually have to offer a pretty good deal for trades on EBAY as Amazon or InStock is just gonna be a better deal.

Still waiting for your comics however  Smiley

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2013, 03:54:39 AM »

Ah.....WHOOPS.

Call it sloppy typing; so I'll just do an edit to that...and still hope for someone to just take it anyhoo. Cheesy

Also wasn't going to do any comics (quite yet) until I get the hang of some post office trips and hopefully some feedback. That, and deciding what I can kind of off-load, to get experience, and to not cry about just tossing comics out the window.

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2013, 09:13:18 AM »

Oh no, that's a good strategy. Also builds up your feedback to increase chances of higher bids later down the line. I wasn't rushing ya  Wink

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2013, 09:12:21 PM »

Congrats on the auctions, Jimmy. A nice $20 haul on the one trade!!!!  Cool

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2013, 12:50:35 AM »

Right? Sweet! Now to set up some stuff for next week.  Cheesy

Jimmy T since 2001
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2013, 01:44:32 AM »

And both positive responses, so that was okay, and my stress is gone.

With that more trades are up!!

http://www.ebay.com/usr/jjt302

Bendis DD and Jones Hulk with a single Spidey trade in there. Just gotta work  my numbers up before I start putting singles and lots up.

Jimmy T since 2001
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2013, 10:12:23 PM »

Feeling much more confident, more auctions up, and getting ready to start putting up comic lots now. Thinking of a few big splashes at first:

Flash:Rebirth (SO not impressed by this, so what ever I get from this, I'm okay with)
GL: Blackest Night (I got the HC last year for an Xmas gift, so I might as well turn this one out to the world. AT least I have issue 0 for it as well)
Superman: Secret Origin (I kinda wanted the trade of this from the start)
Superman: Birthright (I think I would like to find this in trade still)
Batman Inc & Leviathan (I got the pre New Morrison in trades, but I'm not sure I cared for how it all really finished)

Jimmy T since 2001
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS