HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 02:08:21 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Captain America: New World Order premieres in theaters February 14, 2025!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: X-FORCE - New series coming in February  (Read 6122 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: November 29, 2013, 10:57:41 PM »

Coming in February....

X-Force 1 (02/12)

(W) Simon Spurrier (A/CA) Rock-He Kim Almost every sovereign state in the Marvel Universe makes use of sanctioned superhumans to protect national interests and pursue a covert agenda. The United States has the Secret Avengers. The United Kingdom has MI13. And mutantkind has X-FORCE. In this dirty, secret, no-holds-barred, deadly game of superhuman black ops, veteran X-Man Cable and his team will spy, torture, and kill to ensure that the mutant race not only has a place in the world…but also a stake in it.

Here is an interview with Simon Spurrier talking about this new series.

http://www.newsarama.com/19504-marvel-s-two-x-force-series-merge-into-one-new-series-in-2014.html

CABLE...FANTOMEX...PSYLOCKE...MARROW!

Not sure what I think yet but I will likely pick up this first issue to see how it is.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2013, 04:57:20 AM »

Are all Marvel titles chasing the golden calf, Punisher, for highest number of released publishing volumes now? Cheesy

Yeah, I don't give a rip about this.

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2014, 10:57:54 PM »

Hmmm.  This from Newsarama doesn't bode well......

X-Force #1 (Published by Marvel Comics; Review by Aaron Duran;

'Rama Rating: 1 out of 10): To be blunt, this is not a good start to the All-New Marvel Now books. With X-Force #1, Cable and his team of wacky killers (plus Psylocke, who deserves better) is again striking first to keep all mutant kind safe. Which is all well and good were the issue delivered with any form of quality. Simon Spurrier not only drafts a plot that we've seen time and time again, he does so with incredibly clichéd and badly driven dialog. Artist Rock-He Kim has a tenuous grasp on anatomy as best, which makes both conversation and action moments a chore to read. A separate colorist might have been able to mask some of these faults, but Kim coloring his own work only compounds the errors. There is simply no way around it, were I allowed to rate a book a zero, X-Force #1 would be that book. These characters, Marvel, and the readers should expect more

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2014, 11:23:39 PM »

Do I see a pull order update in your immediate future?  Grin

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2014, 03:49:17 AM »

Isn't that how Liefeld's first issue of X-force reviews also read? Cheesy

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2014, 05:54:17 PM »

Do I see a pull order update in your immediate future?  Grin

Yes, I would say you do.   Grin

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS