HR Boards
March 19, 2024, 05:02:55 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Gladiator 2 premieres in theaters November 22, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: FANTASTIC FOUR  (Read 29926 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #30 on: May 24, 2018, 03:36:24 PM »

Alex Ross Variant cover.

Both "Alex" and "Ross" have 4 letters each.  Conspiracy?

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/05/22/marvels-fantastic-four-relaunch-numbers/

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #31 on: May 24, 2018, 09:48:46 PM »

They have some really nice covers for this relaunch. That said, it is sad that sales will be contourted because of that crap. 2 covers. TWO. That is all you need. not 20. Get sales to show as sales again.

Either way, I am happy my family is coming back home again.  Grin

(and there are two characters that Ross draws, in all of Marvel, that my eyes just don't enjoy.
1 - The Thing
2 - Iron Man
I don't know why, but I have never liked Ross' version of either.

HERE and HERE are just two of the Iron Man images. I mean ... no, no no, although THIS ONE isn't as bad to me

The FF cover above and THIS ONE for poor ole' Benjy. True he looks more like a "thing" under Ross, but ... Me just no likey.

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #32 on: May 25, 2018, 03:22:36 PM »

Yeah I'm not a fan of his Thing either.  Too cartoonish looking and Alex Ross is supposed to be the go to guy for realism looks.  The Iron Man ones you showed don't bother me but man, that Thing is not fun to look at.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #33 on: August 08, 2018, 01:57:02 PM »

Issue 1 came out like 5 minutes ago.  I'm assuming Perry's read it by now.   Grin

Without spoilers - how is it?   Waiting six months for it to hit Unlimited is going to kill me!!

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #34 on: August 09, 2018, 06:51:17 PM »

Issue 1 came out like 5 minutes ago.  I'm assuming Perry's read it by now.   Grin

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Actually no, not yet  Angry ... my computer went down yesterday, cost me me the day trying to get that situated before finally throwing my hands up and taking into the Computer shop. I just got it back about an hour ago. Been spending that time loading everything back on the thing (Like Chrome, Thunderbird, Office, etc ... )
Ugh I hate technology sometimes.
 Angry
Hope to get to the LCS later, but will probably be Friday .., maybe even Saturday now
 Cry

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #35 on: May 16, 2020, 12:17:11 PM »

Jeff, you better get well now damn it. I don't want you to miss this.
I am already super stoked!!!

YES!!! THIS!!!

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #36 on: May 16, 2020, 07:17:24 PM »

Um yes, I still want to see this too!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS