HR Boards
March 19, 2024, 07:13:59 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Deadpool 3 premieres in theaters May 3, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: FANTASTIC FOUR  (Read 29929 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2014, 01:08:11 PM »

Not sure who is following this "story" or who is not, but if this is true (and with each new report, I start to worry more) I will be utterly heartbroken.

Marvel to cancel the Fantastic Four because of Fox Studios?

Now this was primarily from Bleeding Cool, known for some over the top speculation at times, but also known for getting the "dish" way before anyone wants them to.

But here are the two reports, with the even more scary CBR comment (scary because they have a habit of not just reporting "rumors").

Article one - HERE

Article two - HERE

Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry
« Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 01:10:38 PM by Perry » Logged

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2014, 01:34:08 PM »

Been thinking on this more, and the only thing I can think of is that maybe Robinson, with his FF plotting, is doing something big with the family and Marvel is trying to keep all aspects quiet. Since issue #1 of the current run Robinson has been saying he is going to tear down the family to bring them back up, so maybe that is all part of this.

I mean, comics are not that effected by movies (and I can't see the reverse being any different) so pulling the FF just for Fox is kinda stupid.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 01:49:55 PM by Perry » Logged

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2014, 01:36:35 PM »

It's hard to believe that the comic side is cranky/pissed at the movie side, and would do this. I mean, would NOT selling the comic really harm a movie production? I sincerely don't think so, but I'm not in the business, so I have hard time understanding any thing that appears stupid to me. Wink

But...very weird. I'd prefer it to have to be something to do with Robinson's plans instead of a snub at Fox.

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2014, 03:12:12 PM »

It could explain why they are killing the Watcher.  When was the last time we saw a skrull?  Hmmmmmm.

Seriously, I don't see how this would make good business sense.  The movie should bump up the sales of the comic.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
EmeraldWarrior420
HR Celestial

« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2014, 11:13:09 PM »

You know the old saying, "There is no such thing as bad publicity." Could just be one big publicity stunt to stir up interest in the film.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2014, 02:06:11 PM »

FANTASTIC FOUR #7

Once again we find that James Robinson can write the ever loving dog shit out of the Fantastic Four!! No bones about it, this guy knows and respects these characters. Not only that, but he takes that intrusive Original Sin tie-in mandate and spins it into a yarn worthy of any FF story of the past. In fact, there is even one panel that pays total tribute to said past. Johnny, saddened by what he has done (ruined Ben's chance to be "human"), stands there looking at his hands, with his palms up, just like Ben did on the classic Fantastic Four #51 cover of "This Man, This Monster" that this issue is ... related to.

Love how Robinsons does that. Throws little Easter eggs into his stories for old fans to grab hold of, peel, eat and enjoy.  Grin

Plus, Robinson knows how to end a freakin issue. He is always killing that last page. In true classic FF style he leaves you drooling for the next issue to hurry up and arrive in your hands. Damn have I missed that "What is going on? Well tune in next month to finds out" feeling. Robinson gives it to us each month.

If you were ever a fan of the FF, back when the cover price was less than a quarter and a dime, you really need to buy this book. Honestly. This is the FF of old.

Wringer
HR Super Hero

« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2014, 04:54:33 AM »

the first issue should be hitting MCU soon if not this week...we got Invaders 2 wks ago.  FF is always hit or miss with me but with your recommendation i will give it a read.
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2014, 12:46:03 PM »

You may have to wait an additional 2 months to get the "real good" stuff, as issue #1, while good in a classic FF kinda way, is also kinda typical in an FF kinda way. If you get what I mean. The first two issues border on that "hit or miss" deceleration Undecided
I enjoyed it as it certainly had the voice of the characters correct (something most writers just can't get right), the threat to the characters correct (The FF have a certain danger level that should be maintained) but the enjoyment of the characters was slightly missing.

Again, the first two issues were not bad, but not as enjoyable as ... well, I guess issue #3 was when I started to get the nostalgia tingles and then that last page of issue #3 was when it finally kicked off to feeling like the FF of old!!
 Smiley

But yes, not too much longer. Smiley

Gonna be joining you and Jimmy soon enough on that Marvel Unlimited as well. As I am not "collecting" and Ebay is just getting to be a pain for me, why should I keep spending $20 a month on Marvel comics, when I can spend $70 a year and just have to wait a little? I mean, I am really gettin into my HC buying now and that is nothing but waiting.
 Grin

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2014, 02:54:59 AM »

Gonna be joining you and Jimmy soon enough on that Marvel Unlimited as well. As I am not "collecting" and Ebay is just getting to be a pain for me, why should I keep spending $20 a month on Marvel comics, when I can spend $70 a year and just have to wait a little? I mean, I am really gettin into my HC buying now and that is nothing but waiting.
 Grin

And yeah, I'll be right there waiting for FF. If it is Robinson greatness, I have no problem getting that in trade...along with my 6 Byrne Visionary FF trades...Millar's duo of trades...Hickman's 6 Fanastic Four and 4 FF trades... like me some FF!!!

And Unlimited is great fun! Some times miss the floppies, but I'm already nearing my "done with it!" phase with ebay. Got some more I want to move, then a definite break will be coming.

And I like getting the trades I really enjoy, too!

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2018, 07:12:00 PM »

F.F. officially back in monthly coming August.

Dan Slott and Sarah Pichelli

I ... I am okay with this.

Sarah Pichelli ... I am not a huge fan of Pichelli. Oh she is good, not saying she isn't, but not an artist that would have been in my top 10 or so, but I am happy with her (I will have to wait and see the designs I suppose)

Dan Slott  ... I am also okay with this. Again, would not have been my first choice, but I know his passion will be there (Not trying to sound like a Marvel Exec) and as long as he is not on for say ... 12 years, his stories should be well enough for me to enjoy.

Am I "blown away" by this creative? No. But I am still pretty darn happy. Especially that they say Marvel Two-In-One will also continue!!!!
 Smiley
Yeah, over all, good news.

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2018, 02:39:26 AM »

Perry, I'm going to turn things back around on ya.

Slott's FF will be for, in most likelihood, what the FF movies are to you.

Just not good enough, I think.

I hate to poo-pah it; because its great to bring them back, and with creating a want in the community to do so!!!

But Slott is on Iron Man and FF. True, he's been double writing issues -solo- for like 6 years, but I ...just don't...believe in Slott. Not anymore. Man! I LOVED his She-hulk!! back like, what, 15 years ago? LOL

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2018, 03:23:49 AM »

I’m was not very excited about Slott either but then I thought of Superior Spider-Man.  Now I’m cautiously optimistic!

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Wringer
HR Super Hero

« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2018, 05:56:51 PM »

i keep going back to his great run on Thing and the the excellent Spidey/Torch mini and think he will do a good retro feeling run, similar to his SilverSurfer 
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2018, 07:53:02 PM »

I see Slott as the writer that CAN be the writer I want him to be.

I do know what you mean though, Jimmy, especially with Pete Slott just had me scratching my head every other arc it seemed. But I also remember really digging his Spider-Man early on. It wasn't until year (I don't know ... later) that I found myself off and on and off and on and off again with his Amazing Spider-Man.

That is not to say that he can't kill me with one swoop either. I never got or understand the love for his She-Hulk run back in the day (Maybe I would now?) but I downright loved ... LOVED his Superior Spider-Man run and that is what I am hoping for here.

I hope C.B is not lying when he said the Slott's pitch for the F.F was "fantastic", but bottom line is I have to try it, I have to, it's my baby, so I may as well go in being hopeful. But not too excited.
 Grin

And hey, how about this, now that Conan is back at Marvel, maybe he will take Ben's spot for a couple months.
 Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Man, Marvel use to really push some crazy stuff back in the day.
 Cheesy

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #29 on: May 24, 2018, 03:20:16 PM »

FANTASTIC FOUR #1
DAN SLOTT (W) • SARA PICHELLI (A)
Cover by ESAD RIBIC
FOUREVER Part One
BECAUSE YOU DEMANDED IT – THE WORLD’S GREATEST COMIC MAGAZINE IS BACK!
Since the end of SECRET WARS, there’s been a gap in the Marvel Universe. A void no other team can fill. And it’s time for the world to move on. But can it? A life-changing decision by the Thing! A momentous declaration by the Human Torch! A clarion call-to-arms that summons Doctor Doom! And a signal in the sky that heralds the return of hope to the Marvel Universe! All this, and Alicia Masters adopts kittens! So cute! Plus, the Impossible Man!
AND BONUS STORIES ILLUSTRATED BY SIMONE BIANCHI AND SKOTTIE YOUNG!
IF YOU READ ONLY ONE MARVEL COMIC THIS MONTH, THIS IS THE ONE!
56 PGS./Rated T …$5.99
« Last Edit: May 24, 2018, 03:27:53 PM by Jeff » Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS