HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 01:30:28 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Spiderverse 3 premieres in theaters March 29, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Doctor Who  (Read 17291 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2013, 10:06:43 AM »

Yes, but the Master's regeneration rule was broken under a situation the Doctor will not be able to obtain. By will (or gift ... under direst) of the Time Lords. I know it CAN be done, and will be done  Wink but really curious as to how they will do it.
 Smiley

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
sinisteri
HR Super Hero

« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2013, 05:08:36 AM »

Hey, Perry,

I am with you on wanting to see how it will be done. I was just noting the many ways it has been depicted as being achieved. The Time Lords have the ability to do it.

What I am dying to know(if it is addressed), how does the Doctor bring the Time Lords back and deal with the threat of freeing Rassilon with his radical plan or unleashing the insanity of the Master(both I would gladly welcome back). The little matter of them being shunted back to Gallifrey before it was destroyed/lost should be addressed.

Also, this new development really does add a layer to the Lady in White claiming she was "lost" long ago from the End of Time.

A man is the sum of his memories,
A Time Lord even moreso.
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2013, 03:57:32 PM »

Also, this new development really does add a layer to the Lady in White claiming she was "lost" long ago from the End of Time.

Wow, forgot all about that. Hmmmm

And don't forget guys, 2 more days until the X-Mas special !!!!

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2013, 12:02:02 PM »

Time of the Doctor (NO spoilers in this post)

Well, gotta say, two days later, that I enjoy thinking about what I saw more than I enjoyed watching what I saw then
 Wink
(Timey, Whimey)

I left the Xmas special feeling a little less than "wowed", but after a couple days to soak in the episode, I am enjoying it more that I did originally. In fact, I think I am going to watch it again sometime today to see if I can enjoy it even more.

Are we all caught up? Has everyone seen it yet?

sinisteri
HR Super Hero

« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2013, 04:06:18 PM »

Handles!

Handles is the Wilson of Doctor Who.

It was a fun and very involved episode. The pacing and a few moments were not as innocent as they may have at first seemed.

The casual revelation of the Doctor's regeneration history was very interesting. Tennant saying he did not want to go was more true than we thought!

Question: how is something but frozen and active at the same time? Hmm...

A Time Lord even moreso.
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2013, 04:43:13 PM »

Handles!

Loved the interaction.  Cheesy

Question: how is something but frozen and active at the same time? Hmm...

If you're referring to Gallifrey, didn't they suggest it was unfrozen in time once it was sent to the other universe?

sinisteri
HR Super Hero

« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2014, 01:06:24 AM »

Yep,

I was referring to Gallifrey. I have watched the scenes a few times, but I do not remember "but it will be unfrozen upon arrival" piece. Definitely makes sense though. But the other question is more of a sticking point-- what became of Rassilon and the Master who were sent back to Gallifrey before it was displaced?

A Time Lord even moreso.
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2014, 04:39:28 PM »

I am not sure how they will handle that, Sin. Good point, though we still have a long way to go  Smiley
Great thing about this series is the lead character can make this series last for 100 of years as long as the ratings hold up, due to the nature of the regeneration.
 Smiley

sinisteri
HR Super Hero

« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2014, 12:33:38 AM »

I'm loving it. One of my most favorite shows!

A Time Lord even moreso.
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2016, 12:03:27 PM »

Just watched the new Christmas special and man, what a great episode.

COMICS, COMICS, COMICS!!!
 Grin

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2017, 11:20:31 PM »

So the new Doctor is going to be...
a woman.

What are the realmer thoughts on this?  And you don't have to be politically correct - (well, don't be ugly) but I want true feelings/thoughts.

I'm not a fan of this move but I imagine it will work out fine since the writing on this show has always been top notch.  But I hate gimmicks and that's what this feels like.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2017, 12:49:44 AM »

As I love this actress (she is fantastic in the show Broadchurch and was also great in the Black Mirror episode she was on about memory (humans had implants they could rewind, it was cool) I am almost 100% happy about this. The only reason I am a percentage or two off being totally happy is I wanted Olivia Coleman to get the role, the best British actress to come down the pipe in a long time ... and also a Broadchurch cast member (you guys really need to at least see season one of that show!!)

Does it change a little of the "history" of the Dr. like some claim? I don't see why. The dude goes through transformations after all, so why can't he be a chick?
 Cheesy

And for anyone that missed this last season and want to complain about a guy turning into a girl, just remember
that Missy, the Dr's nemesis for the past couple years, was actually the Master the entire time. Yeah, the Master, Dr. Who's ancient friend and enemy, transformed into female first (it was shown to be the case at the end f this past season) and not a single whisper of outrage could be found.

Now Jeff asked for honesty, and that is mine. And I am also interested in hearing why others like or don't like the move, so yes, please expound when you can.
 Smiley

Mitch
HR Super Hero

« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2017, 06:21:50 PM »

If we were talking about a character like James Bond, for example, where gender is a big part of what makes the character who he is, then no.  But given the transient, ever-changing nature of this character, if the best actor for the role is a woman, then I say cool, go for it. 

Never really got into Dr. Who much, but I'm intrigued by the idea.  In fact, I think it would be kinda cool for a generation of fans who start watching now to come to consider the idea of a male doctor to be strange.

"I need a day when there aren't twenty crises to deal with, but I don't see that coming any time soon."  - Iron Man (Captain America #29)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2017, 06:32:55 PM »

All I know if there was ever to be a doctor waving around a "Sonic Screwdriver" around my ass, I think I would want that doctor to be a woman.
 Cheesy Cheesy

Okay, that no class joke is done. Whew, I kept that in for a long time.  Cheesy Long enough? Probably not  Cheesy

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS