HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 05:41:25 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Ghostbusters: Afterlife 2 premieres in theaters March 29, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Doctor Who  (Read 17288 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: November 17, 2013, 07:46:34 PM »

Well, just set my DVR to record two solid days of the Doctor. Jeff, it looks like BBCAmerica is starting to show the episodes you need starting at 6 AM Eastern time on Saturday, if you are planning to catch up live. Or hurry to catch up before they air the new show at 2:50 on Saturday!!!!

Looks like all the fun starts Monday the 18th, when they have the Doctor Who Revisited Marathon (9:00 AM Eastern Time), highlighting all the past doctors and starting with Hartnell back from 1963.

Then the entire Eccleston run on Tuesday, starting at 9:00 AM (again, Eastern Time). May skip this one as I never enjoyed the Eccleston stories, even though they are very important to the story, and I am glad I did see them. They just had a little too much cheese for me.

Then, that night at midnight (or Wednesday morning in reality) They show one of the best Whos ever, BLINK. The first Angels. Sadly, that is where they continue the countdown of Doctor Who shows, by-passing all of season two (some of David Tennants best stuff) and starting there at BLINK which is season 3, episode 10.

But from that point on, barring some BBC News inbetween, it is a continuous run of the Doctor.

Hope you guys watch what you can!!!

Remember, the new episode "THE DAY OF THE DOCTOR" is this Saturday, the 23rd, at 2:50 in the afternoon. Simulcast with BBC so we get it at the same time as our pals across the water!!!
 Cool

If you have never tried Who or tried and just don't like it, at least record that BLINK episode. If that doesn't get ya hooked, then yeah, you're just never gonna be a fan.
 Grin

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2013, 08:43:30 PM »

Well, just set my DVR to record two solid days of the Doctor. Jeff, it looks like BBCAmerica is starting to show the episodes you need starting at 6 AM Eastern time on Saturday, if you are planning to catch up live. Or hurry to catch up before they air the new show at 2:50 on Saturday!!!!

Yeah - that's what I was trying to say on the other thread - that I had set the DVR for the episodes I haven't seen yet.  I went back and read it and I did I poor job explaining that.   Grin

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2013, 09:10:42 PM »

Cheesy
Hell, I'm drunk half the time. It could have easily been me. In fact, I'm almost assured it was.  Grin

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2013, 01:52:16 PM »

Shocked
Well now, I am even more intrigued ...

For those caught up on DOCTOR WHO, a webisode that you should see. Perhaps. It's not that big of a deal, but it really throws a wrench (or a sonic screwdriver  Wink) into what I thought may have happened.

And Jeff, no. DO NOT WATCH until you are up to date Tongue

Huh

Hmmmmm .... Come on Saturday!!!
 Smiley

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2013, 05:46:30 PM »

Cool
How about a movie on the making of Doctor Who?

Everyone interested should try and catch this on Friday night, before the big premiere.

(Yes Jeff, safe for you this time  Grin)

EDIT - And as of now, my TV is on and turned to channel 1252 (BBC America) where it shall remain for the next 3 days. Woo-Hoo a Who'athon!!!!
« Last Edit: November 21, 2013, 05:49:02 PM by Perry » Logged

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2013, 07:41:30 PM »

Have yet to watch the movie, but damn was that 50 anniversary show great. The humor of Davvid Tennant just shining through. Great episode!!!!!

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2013, 08:42:43 PM »

I'm getting close.  The last season episode "The Name of the Doctor" didn't "tape" yesterday.  It's set on the DVR for 3pm CST today (in 20 minutes).  Once I see that one then I'm good to watch the 50th anniversary episode.

I still need to see the 2012 Christmas episode but I doubt its essential to see since I don't think Clara is in it.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2013, 09:03:09 PM »

I'm getting close.  The last season episode "The Name of the Doctor" didn't "tape" yesterday.  It's set on the DVR for 3pm CST today (in 20 minutes).  Once I see that one then I'm good to watch the 50th anniversary episode.

Be sure to check out the video I posted above, the one I told ya not to look at until you get caught up, before you watch the 50th. It's not needed, but it does explain something important.

I still need to see the 2012 Christmas episode but I doubt its essential to see since I don't think Clara is in it.

Ya think not, huh? 
Smiley

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2013, 10:13:30 PM »

Ok - downloading the Christmas special from iTunes.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2013, 12:50:21 AM »

Well, I didn't say Clara was in it.
 Wink

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2013, 12:52:13 AM »

Well, I didn't say Clara was in it.
 Wink

You didn't have to.   Grin

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2013, 12:56:39 AM »

Well ... You'll just have to see.  Grin.

(But it is best you watch it before NAME OF THE DOCTOR anyway, as it does tie in)

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2013, 04:43:47 AM »

I went ahead and watched Name of the Doctor and the 50th anniversary special so I could watch with the wife. I got the gist of the Christmas special from that but will still watch it to fill in the gaps.

Despite all that I have to say these were great episodes.   I like how you saw the new doctors "eyes". 

Really fun seeing Tenant and Smith together.  It's no secret that the doctor will change at Christmas but I think I will miss Smith. 

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2013, 12:58:56 PM »

I did not like Smith at first, and in fact, took a few episodes for me to just get into 'his' doctor. Later still, I began to enjoy him. Or so I thought. Putting Tennant beside Smith, only showed me how much I did miss the Tennant doctor and how much I still don't care for Smith's doctor.
 Undecided

Smith is still a huge part of some of the best Who shows ever, however, and a part of me will miss him, but very much looking forward to the Capaldi version.

As well looking forward to finding out how show runner Moffit, by having Capaldi be the 13th Who regeneration, will get out of the DOCTOR WHO "12 regenerations" canon/rule.
 Smiley

sinisteri
HR Super Hero

« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2013, 04:02:17 AM »

Loved it!

Laughed! Cried! Yelled! And cheered!

As for breaking the 13 lives rule, Dr Who has well explained the breaking of this rule since the atom Baker era. Morbius and the Master already broke that rule, and later so did Rassilon. The curator dropped some teasing hints on the subject! Revisiting old faces... Loved it!

It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

A man is the sum of his memories,
A Time Lord even moreso.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS