HR Boards
March 19, 2024, 09:55:36 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Thunderbolts premieres in theaters July 25, 2025!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: GREEN ARROW  (Read 19825 times)
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2015, 01:46:03 PM »

Well, I can't say what, if any, tv show influence it will have. I don't know what direction the new writer will take. I think the solicits mentioned something about tracking something supernatural in Seattle, so we'll see if I remember right, or if this is the truth.

If Dig and Felicity are still supporting cast members....? Maybe. But the tv writers are gone.

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2015, 02:56:54 PM »

Hmmm Seatlle. I like that. North-Western mountains, forests, lakes and weather. That could be worth it alone as there can be a lot of story ideas there. (And that is where I want to move to in another few years. Football at 10 AM!!!!  Cheesy)

That said, I have no interest in reading about Felicity or anyone else from the show so ... I don't know. Maybe I will just wait an issue or two to see ... or hear...  Smiley

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2015, 03:18:55 AM »

I think it's a GREAT first issue. Back to a 'feel' that I dig from Green Arrow-something akin to Lemire made this nu-Ollie more level, this guy is a bit more street wise, down to earth, and very much NOT a 'super-hero' comicbook character.

Really dug the initial intention and foray.

Jimmy T since 2001
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2015, 02:07:54 PM »

Second issue out, and I'm still into it. I think its a great feel to have this half-sister around for the title, too.

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2015, 12:11:40 AM »

Have not read 41 or 42 yet, but this "half-sister" isn't anything like Kate is to Clint is she?

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2015, 03:30:58 AM »

Have not read 41 or 42 yet, but this "half-sister" isn't anything like Kate is to Clint is she?

Uhhhhhh...she's got sass to her, yeah, but she's not a sidekick out and about on the town. She wants to be, but Ollie keeps her in school.

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2015, 04:01:33 AM »

Uhhhhhh...she's got sass to her, yeah, but she's not a sidekick out and about on the town. She wants to be, but Ollie keeps her in school.

Is she like the sister on Arrow?

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2015, 10:12:14 PM »

Eh, not quite like Thea. This half sister is the daughter of Shado, as well, so she's already an ass-kickin' warrior of the bow before Ollie met her.  Cool

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2015, 11:45:59 PM »

Eh, not quite like Thea. This half sister is the daughter of Shado, as well, so she's already an ass-kickin' warrior of the bow before Ollie met her.  Cool

Oh that's right! I forgot all about her. Yeah she is awesome.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2015, 02:13:27 PM »

Green Arrow 43

Really, REALLY enjoying the mystical flair and fantasy storytelling of Benjamin Percy. For an unexplainable reason, I love these fantasy elements being brought into Green Arrow. For me, in the appreciation of the character and genre, it just works. From what Lemire did with his 7 tribes of Weapons, to the magic that is coming from Percy, I'm so totally onboard.

This last issue was about a wolf! Only! And I loved it! So cool!! A great read.

I know I can really badmouth New 52 DC You or whatever they're trying to call it, but this stuff....some great work for the Emerald Archer!!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2016, 11:09:18 PM »

Great reading this still, all the way up to issue 48. A little cranky that I didn't pick up the $6 annual, as that feeds into a new status quo in the title, but I love Percy's voice with this Green Arrow and movement.

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2016, 12:44:44 PM »

Hey Jimmy !!!!! I'm thinking about giving your boy Percy a try when GA ... rebirths itself  Cheesy, but first I have to ask; is he writing this book in-line or with any connection to the TV show Arrow, or is this a totally different beast than that? I only ask as I remember both the GA comic being tied to the show directly for a few issues before and I seem to remember speculation that DC wants the comics to tie more with the shows (though maybe that was rumor only)

What say yee? Should I give it a try because it is not in anyway related or tied to the CW show or is there a large or even just a small amount of the show inside and, as such, I should run away as fast as I can?

Thanks, man!!!  Cool

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2016, 12:57:22 AM »

Nope; I thought I said that right away. The TV show has no influence on Percy's work. I think in the first issue Ollie has a conversation with Diggle, but that was it. Felicity was shipped elsewhere pretty fast. This Ollie just reads like younger years of "our" Ollie, to be honest. Wink

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #28 on: May 27, 2016, 01:00:23 AM »

Sweet. I may try it. I just wish he was just a tad older. Just a tad  Grin

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS