HR Boards
March 25, 2019, 03:25:33 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Charlie’s Angels premieres November 1, 2019
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Foods Now Banned In the U.S.  (Read 2865 times)
EmeraldWarrior420
HR Celestial

« on: November 08, 2013, 11:01:49 AM »

Foods that are now illegal in the U.S.

B.S.!

As an American, if I choose to be a fat man, I should have the right to be a fat man!

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2013, 06:35:25 AM »

Foods that are now illegal in the U.S.

B.S.!

As an American, if I choose to be a fat man, I should have the right to be a fat man!

Cheesy

Well, no, as long as my health care costs are inevitably tied to your health care, you should not have that right. You always seem to forget that "your" freedom is only "your" freedom, when it does not impose on "my" freedom. Why should I have to pay more money each month because you don't give a shit about what you eat?
 Cheesy

I hold no ill will towards fat people, hell I could afford to drop a few pounds myself, but if you are just one of those lazy-ass, go to McDonald's every night, fight for the Walmart power-cart so you can eat your bag of Snickers as you press a button to get up and down each aisle instead of actually walking, while the entire time steering clear of any aisle that may contain a freaking vegetable, than no, I should not have to pay for your damn heart when it explodes.

If you "choose" to be a fat man, I should have the right to NOT medically cover your fat ass!
 Tongue 

Also, by that logic, I guess companies should be allowed to put food and soda back into tin cans and let people decide if they want to eat/drink from them. As an American company, they should have the right to continue to produce a material that is proven to be harmful to human consumption.

And why are they forcing fluoride into your drinking water. That is un-American! You shouldn't have to have that small attempt at cavity prevention forced on you! Fight back!
 Wink

EmeraldWarrior420
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2013, 09:39:04 AM »

You don't pay a penny for my healthcare. I work for what I have.

And using oil in your food is far different than drinking out of a tin can. A tin can is debilitating to your body and there's no going back. With food, it hurts you over a long period of time, and is easily reversible if you simply stay in shape.

It's not so much the oil itself that I'm alarmed about. What disturbs me is the fact that the government is overstepping boundaries it was never designed to step over. The government isn't my mommy or daddy and shouldn't be forcing me to eat my broccoli.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2013, 02:17:55 PM »

You don't pay a penny for my healthcare. I work for what I have.

That's not how it works.  Cheesy

Just because you have your own healthcare, doesn't mean that my cost are not affected, because they are. The more "unhealthy" the US is, the more the rates are higher. It's just like Auto insurance. The less accidents a state has, the lower the rate for the customers. Stop trying to tell me about global economics.
 Grin

And wah wah, so you can't eat crap. Jeez, some of the people and their NWO crap just kills me. Stop worrying about the Government and how it may take away some of your perceived freedom and start worrying about the corporations that are actually doing it.

We had the same argument about your "freedom of speech" rhetoric a few months back. Take a breath, and concentrate on the true evils of mankind, the ones that are buying the Government. The Corporations!!!!
 Wink
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2013, 02:19:03 PM »

The government isn't my mommy or daddy and shouldn't be forcing me to eat my broccoli.

Does it tell you to stop at a red-light? And I bet you do it, don't ya?  Cheesy

Government is the devil!!!

AHAHAHA
EmeraldWarrior420
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2013, 03:05:55 PM »

I must be crazy to want freedom in a free country  Roll Eyes

I think your crazy to trust in the government with mothering everything. This country was founded on questioning your government. Otherwise we'd all be spouting "God save the Queen."

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2013, 03:44:53 PM »

Oh please. The corporations are not evil.   Roll Eyes

And I agree with Nate.  Your not paying for his healthcare costs.  Insurance rates and healthcare costs are not the same thing.

"If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?" - Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2013, 07:00:31 PM »

Oh please. The corporations are not evil.   Roll Eyes

Roll Eyes
Yes, I was speaking in hyperbole, but come on, to think that the Government is out to control you while the companies are not is laughable.
 Cheesy
They worked the Supreme Court into making them people. You know this right? Corporations are now people by law. Well, have the same rights. The Koch brothers are vile as shit.

And I agree with Nate.  Your not paying for his healthcare costs.  Insurance rates and healthcare costs are not the same thing.

Of course they are not the same, but they are similar in manner. cost of overall coverage is dictated by ... you know what. I am not even going to explain this to you guys. You have the entirety of good, valuable news information at your fingertips, if you want to know, just do a little research. Yes, the more unhealthy you are, the more it cost me.

If you want to pretend and cry that the mean old government is out to take away your freedoms, please feel "FREE" to do so.
 Cheesy

I must be crazy to want freedom in a free country  Roll Eyes

Cheesy
Yes, its all fallen to hell because you can't eat transfats!!!!!

And I don't trust the Government. When did I say that. I just know they are not this big evil machine out to flatten your rights and suppress you at every-turn. But I am sure Jeff will not see the humor in that statement either.
 Grin
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2013, 05:50:54 AM »

Nate, let me ask you two questions that 100% relates to this subject -

If the food companies were putting Cyanide into their foods, because they found it made food last longer, would you be perfectly okay with that? And also, would you be pissed if the FDA told them to stop?

That is what trans-fats are. Not as poisonous, as quickly, but have been proven to be 100% detrimental when consumed by humans. They have no value at all, other than for companies to make money.

And speaking of evil corporations ... no, no-one did this time? Well ...  Grin, Jeff, you don't think the big corps are "evil", just check out some info on Monsanto, Chiquita, Bayer, Smithfield, Siemans and Pfizer (or any Pharmaceutical company for that matter  Grin). Take a minute and just look at a few things. I am no bleeding Liberal or tree-hugger, but sorry man, most companies do some horrible shit just to make a dollar and some of them are run by pure evil bastards.
 Undecided
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2013, 06:38:33 AM »

Does the cyanide make the food taste better?  Yum!

I just realized we're breaking our own rule of no politic posts on the realm.  Oops.

"If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?" - Kevin Smith
EmeraldWarrior420
HR Celestial

« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2013, 09:33:41 AM »

To be clear, it's not the trans-fats themselves I am worried about. It's not like I'm sitting here itching to go out on fast-food binger. I seriously don't think anyone here thinks eating trans-fats is good for your health.

I'm worried about the government gaining control over parts of our lives that the government was never designed to do. I feel the U.S. government has no right to tell us what we can or can't eat. If someone chooses to eat badly, that should be their God-given right to do so.

Some people's vice is drinking, smoking, or weird sexual fantasies. None of those things are outlawed. But now eating badly is? This is a slippery slope we're sliding down. What's next? Is someone going to come along and tell us that eating bacon is now outlawed because it clogs arteries?

And yeah, there are lot of evil corporations out there (everyone remember the bail-outs?). I never disagreed with that one. But just because one evil exists, doesn't mean we should ignore the other one.

I just realized we're breaking our own rule of no politic posts on the realm.  Oops.

This community is so small, I don't think anyone else cares.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2013, 09:48:59 AM by EmeraldWarrior420 » Logged

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2013, 09:44:28 AM »

I was kinda curious about the gov't thing/rules discussion, but as long as its civil..well...okay, game on!  Wink

Unfortunately (or not?), gov't is set up to maintain laws that the collective "we" agree are necessary to live in safety. Even though thalidomide eliminated morning sickness from pregnant women, the birth defects were horrible.

Did I go extreme in my example? Well, sure, unless you look at the fact that obesity is related to 300,000 deaths each year, just behind tobacco use related deaths. Not to mention the affects it has on heart disease, diabetes, cancer, arthritis, reproductive complications, and so on and so.

There is no benefits whatsoever to a society to warrant the necessity of trans-fats. All it does is ensure that food production companies can make sure their products last longer on the shelves, taste better, reduce cost of food production, and make sure shareholders keep their millions. Want an eye opener? Read the book 'Sugar, Salt, Fat' and be disgusted.

Now, if the gov't makes laws to exercise? Well, now THAT I would have issues with.

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2013, 07:20:27 PM »

Very well said, Jimmy.  Cool

I'm worried about the government gaining control over parts of our lives that the government was never designed to do.

But protecting its citizens is something the government SHOULD be doing. They should also ban Fn cigarettes, as that is yet another product with ONLY detrimental health benefits.

Don't get me wrong, I am not a believer in giving up freedom for safety. I think the Patriot Act is an abomination to American freedom, and I think the NSA should absolutely be punished for illegal tapping, but on some things, just some things, the Government should indeed step in for people that just can't seem to think logically and thus stop them from hurting themselves and ... regardless of what you and Jeff believe ... also help me keep my health rates low.
 Grin  Wink

(Of course, that stance was a lot easier before the Affordable Care Act. Even though I agree with a National health care ... I'm not sure what the hell is going on now.)
 Cheesy

But, perhaps Jeff is correct, lets stop arguing about the government, and get back to the all important arguing about comics.
 Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS