HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 10:00:34 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The Hunger Games: Songbird and Snakes premieres in theaters November 17, 2023.
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Could Stephen Amell's ARROW Join the JUSTICE LEAGUE on the Big Screen?  (Read 4570 times)
G:The Last Man
HR Celestial

« on: November 07, 2013, 06:07:02 PM »

It's funny how Jimmy brought up this very subject a few weeks ago, and then this article shows up on the Rama.....

http://www.newsarama.com/19506-could-stephen-amell-s-green-arrow-join-the-justice-league-on-the-big-screen.html

I'm all for it if it's all big blockbuster action, and not CW teen soap-opera like as mentioned before in conversation!

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2013, 01:59:59 PM »

I will be SHOCKED if he transitions.

I ... I will not post anymore opinion pieces if he goes from the CW to the big screen. I will ban myself.
First, I don't think he sells on the big screen
Second, why would DC, in their attempts to bring a more serious look at their properties, carry over this shows ambiance? That is exactly what would happen if he was to be both small and big screen GA.

Again, if I am wrong, I will ban myself. Not only would I not deserve to post about my tv/movie opinions, but I would not want to discuss them anymore.
 Cheesy

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
EmeraldWarrior420
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2013, 04:42:47 PM »

First, I don't think he sells on the big screen

If my wife is any indicator, he'll at least put the ladies' butts in seats.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2013, 09:19:53 PM »

Grin

Yes, I can see that certainly being a possibility.  Grin

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2013, 04:59:00 PM »

See, and that's what I was trying to say before~that it could be a transition of fans from tv to movie, but the entire tone must be that of a movie, not a CW tweenie drama that the show does still fall into. The look, the feel, the substance must be that of a movie's tone, not a serial drama. I agree that, that too would fail.

And yes, I wonder if a movie director would let Amell bust out a little more to show his acting chops...or if he's at max exposure. And yes, while he's just fine (pretty good, or good enough in my opinion), he would have to have that much more of....something to be the silver screen Green Arrow.

Jimmy T since 2001
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS