HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 01:02:53 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Blade premieres in theaters November 7, 2025.
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Arrow Season 2  (Read 19415 times)
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2014, 02:54:55 AM »

This return episode was AWESOOOMMMMMEEE!!

Probably the best acting Laurel has done in the series; LOVE the huge cast! So many moments and people colliding together! And so much to look forward to!

EXCITED!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2014, 03:05:09 AM »

Probably the best acting Laurel has done in the series

I am sure.  Tongue

Wink

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2014, 01:24:33 PM »

When is this season over so I can try it? I hear it is a lot better than season 1 (not hard to accomplish  Grin ...  Wink) so I would like to give it a go when it hits the Netflix.

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
EmeraldWarrior420
HR Celestial

« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2014, 03:40:45 PM »

When is this season over so I can try it? I hear it is a lot better than season 1 (not hard to accomplish  Grin ...  Wink) so I would like to give it a go when it hits the Netflix.

I'd suggest starting with Season 1's Finale, then going into Season 2. The first few episodes of Season 2 tie into some big things that went down in the Season 1 Finale. (And it was a helluva episode, anyways.)

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2014, 03:50:39 PM »

Okay, cool. Thanks  Smiley

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2014, 01:58:35 PM »

Okay, so still trying to find a way to watch this show (yes, I am relentless) and I found the episodes that Guggenheim actually wrote. Though I am aware as "show runner" he has his hands in all of them, he was responsible for the teleplay on the first three episodes as well as six and about five others and was lead writer of about four episodes.

Soooo, if I can get past the first three ...  Cheesy

Lord, I am just not a fan of that Guggenheim. I mean this guy brought us that damn Green Lantern movie and that watered down, utter crap of a show NO ORDINARY FAMILY. His Blade comic was about the worst title I read in the last 20 years, only being beaten out by the more abysmal FOOLKILLER by Greg Hurwitz (Who later redeemed himself with his Moon Knight run).

This is just hard for me, guys  Grin

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2014, 03:01:46 PM »

I mean, it is certainly no Firefly or Buffy or Angel. It doesn't truly live in the seriousness of it's moments like a Supernatural or Burn Notice (just looking over at my shelf  Cheesy ), and yes, it's certainly WB.

But it allows me to enjoy the universe of an even more fictionalized Green Arrow, and it has some really cool moments, some really great moments, and it spins within it's own universe really well.

I COMPLETELY understand why you don't like it Perry; but, it happens to be the CW's best rated show. It's successful, it's for sure going to be back for a season 3, it may have gotten a Flash show up and running (nyuk nyuk), but man, if it's painful, then just stop.  Tongue Kiss

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2014, 03:09:13 PM »

but man, if it's painful, then just stop.  Tongue Kiss

I CAAAAAN'T.
 Grin

I must support comic shows.
 Wink

Actually made it through the first two episodes. All the way through!! No fast forwarding or anything!!! The fight scenes are very well done. The dialog .. I just turn my ears off sometimes as it just seems to be Pretty people being pretty.  Grin I do like the guy playing the cop. Daddy Lance. I liked him on the RIVER and he reminds me of Johnny Lee Miller (Elementary) due to having the same hair-line.
 Grin

Hopefully I will be able to get through the last Gug episode (#3) today or Monday.

EmeraldWarrior420
HR Celestial

« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2014, 05:38:05 PM »

I know the feeling. Everyone raves on and on about Breaking Bad. I tried. I watched a bit into the marathon they had a month or two back on AMC. I just don't get it.

But if you don't like it, stop watching it. No reason to force yourself. There is other shows, movies, and comics to read to fill that time.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2014, 05:55:38 PM »

I just don't get it.

Now THAT is just crazy talk  Smiley

And besides, you said yourself you stopped watching the show and yet say its great. My attempts are to find out why

EmeraldWarrior420
HR Celestial

« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2014, 08:31:05 PM »

I just don't get it.

And besides, you said yourself you stopped watching the show and yet say its great. My attempts are to find out why

I stopped mid-season 1, which was more drama-focused. But season 2 I've been following every episode.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2014, 08:36:28 PM »

I just don't get it.

I stopped mid-season 1, which was more drama-focused. But season 2 I've been following every episode.

I know. My struggle to "want to like" this show is no more crazy than you stopping season one because you didn't like it and then trying again in season 2 and finding it very enjoyable.
 Smiley
« Last Edit: March 08, 2014, 09:10:50 PM by Perry » Logged

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #27 on: March 14, 2014, 03:39:36 AM »

Ep 1 - A decent start, though Thea is starting to grate on me. Like the more heroic (don't take a life) aspect or drive for Ollie. And Felicity has some great moments. The Island, just not digging it, but something is a little better there.

Ep 2 - Liking Roy more and liking Thea less, that trend continues. Still looking up however as the show seems to know a little bit more about what it wants to do and can at least see the lanes on the road to get there. Nowhere near as scattered in feeling as previous, and that includes the island parts. The mess it was the first season seems to be streamlined and now has a purpose. Like all the writers are talking to each other now. Guggenheim's control has lessened.
 Grin

Ep 3 - Very cool episode. I really like Lance away from the detective's badge and back in blue and on the streets.

Plus, tons of comic related stuff. From "52" showing up everywhere, to "Tony Daniels", to Ras al Ghul, to Dollmaker, plus more. Liking the blonde chick whom I guess will end up being the missing sister and Black Canary, but not too sure yet.

Show still has its problems, like a bad guy using gravity to make his "doll making formula" flow into the throats of victims, when a hard blow would force it back up the tube. Or hell, just put your tongue over the damn tube and BAM, no fluid in the mouth. I mean, they couldn't add a contraption to make that look more than just a huge I.V?

I just hate shows that have inept cops (like having 3 cops concentrate their attention on busting Lance for interfering and putting handcuffs on him while a known killer is just inside the building they arrived at. It's like "There he is, go get him! Oh, wait, lets cuff this cop first"  Roll Eyes), but ... eh ... part of the "disbelief" you have to allow for such things I suppose.

Still, an overall improvement so I am hopeful.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #28 on: March 14, 2014, 04:36:23 AM »

Ep 4 - Okay, first off, yes, I (and I am sure 100% of the people here) got that it was the sister under the mask. However I am soooo damn slow that I missed the major point of proof that shows us she is the Black Canary. Her damn "sonic bombs". HA. Holy hell I didn't put 2 and 2 together last episode and see that was the replacement for Canary's Sonic Scream. I was just shocked when I realized it this episode.
 Grin

Also totally missed this "Blood" guy would be called "Brother".  Grin

Two things I should have just grabbed hold of totally slipped by me.  Cheesy

Anyway, another decent episode, leaving curious as to what will happen next. I have only felt that once during all this, so that is a good thing. Kinda getting worried the island scenes will be going all apeshit again, but I am remaining hopeful they stay on the upward swing they have had the past 3 episodes and this episode was just a little skid mark on the panties that is the island scenes.

Still can't stand the stupid cop routine (three guys come blazing down the street on the back of a pick-up, firing machine guns and the cops do nothing. Allow this leader to make his "This is my town" speech and then start shooting again and only then do the cops act?
 Roll Eyes

Can we please just write better cops? You can accomplish everything you want and make the bad guys imposing without making the good guys look ridiculous. I mean, to borrow an SNL News sketch ... "I mean REALLY"

Still, standard cop bitch aside, another de ... no ... a fun episode. Yeah, the first fun episode for me.  Smiley

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #29 on: March 14, 2014, 05:06:55 AM »

Ep 5 - OH COME ON!!! A picture of the boat? The Queen family kept a picture of the boat that their husband/father and son/brother died in, on a table in the foyer/greeting area of their house? A pretty picture of the boat that ruined this family there, sitting for all to see on a table by the front door? Not a picture of the dad or Ollie ON the boat, that, even though stupid, would be something, but noooo, just a picture of the damn boat?

All so Sara can have a flashback? Absolutely stupid ass writing. Just have her see a picture of an ocean or a pitcher of water or ... ANYTHING other than the damn boat that family members died on!

Okay, I'm done for the night. Have to walk away now and try to let the memory of this crap fall to the wayside before I see more cops doing something moronic or something else. Just stupid.

Pathetic writing. Lazy, craptastic writing.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS