HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 01:37:22 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom  premieres in theaters now!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: WARHAMMER 40,000  (Read 2533 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: September 30, 2013, 05:17:45 PM »

So I am at the used book store again, looking for any season of GAME OF THRONES (for Jeff) and book 4 of WHEEL OF TIME (for me) and of course, they have neither. But they did have 2 Dan Abnett's WARHAMMER novel-Omnibus' there so I snatched them up.

Anyone ever read any of that?

I have wanted to try it for years and finding the first 7 books of his Gaunt's Ghosts stories for the low price of $13 store credit seemed like a swell time to jump in. Books are huge and I think I can get them for my Kindle (for an easier read) cheap enough (haven't actually looked yet), but sometimes you just want to hold a book, ya know? And something about cover art that always sells a book to me.
 Wink

Edit - Well now, I have some luck going my way for a change. I guess you can't get these on Kindle yet (or at least I didn't see them in the fast search I just did) not in the Omni versions (book 1 THE FOUNDING that contains the first 3 books and book 2 THE SAINT that contains 3-7) or the books individually. Sweet. A used book store bonus buy
 Smiley
« Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 05:26:02 PM by Perry » Logged

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
G:The Last Man
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2013, 05:27:11 PM »

I never played Warhammer 40k in my life, but it always looked so awesome to me. 

Loved painting the minatures that were associated with the game.  I played D&D quite frequently in my younger days, and would use the Warhammer character and monster minatures in my campaigns with my friends.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2013, 07:30:58 PM »

Yeah, I've seen the figures, and most look cool (but most miniatures look cool regardless of topic or game anyway  Grin) but have never even seen a game played. Jumped on this more because Abnett, than the connection to the game, but hell, it will probably be another year before I can even start it.
 Grin

Read some reviews, briefly (as not to spoil anything) and it seems this series is pretty well received.

Using the Warhammer figures in D&D seems like a smart thing to do.
 Smiley

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS