HR Boards
April 16, 2024, 08:20:51 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Joker 2 premieres in theaters October 4, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Filing Away "Weird" Comics  (Read 3065 times)
EmeraldWarrior420
HR Celestial

« on: September 26, 2013, 10:55:26 PM »

This comic is what made me think of this:

I was filing it away after reading it just recently. And after reading it, I realized that this comic has WAAAYYYY more to do with War of Kings, than it does Secret Invasion. In fact, it's pretty much the set-up issue for War of Kings.

Now obviously if you keep your comics in alphabetical order, it would go under "Secret Invasion." But then, what if you want to go back and read the War of Kings story again (BTW, if you haven't read War of Kings, you really need to get on that. Marvel cosmic goodness at it's best!), and it's 5 years later? You didn't remember that the prelude issue is "Secret Invasion: War of Kings," and you think you have the entire story with the main mini-serieses.

What do you guys do? In situations like this would you just group that with the rest of the War of Kings stuff (I did), or do you HAVE to have your collection in alpha-numeric order no matter what?
« Last Edit: September 26, 2013, 11:28:42 PM by EmeraldWarrior420 » Logged

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2013, 01:43:46 AM »

Depends.  If its tie-in but a regular series I get, I keep it with the series.  With something like this issue above, I file it with War of Kings.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
jedicow
HR Super Hero

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2013, 02:26:41 AM »

i try to keep all my stuff together by title.  so I have a box of captain America, a box of batman, a box of uncanny xmen, a box of hulk, a box of detective...ad nauseum.  for stuff like this, I have 3 boxes.  one box is superman and batman limited series and one shots, the other is x-men limiteds and one shots and the third is all other limiteds and one shots.

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2013, 03:51:16 AM »

With the big event stuff; I keep all the reading of it together where it makes sense. 'Annihilation' and all the minis led to 'Annihilation Conquest' and those minis.

But a one-shot like would almost make more sense with 'War of Kings' to me as well. Wink

Jimmy T since 2001
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS