HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 08:36:43 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Thunderbolts premieres in theaters July 25, 2025!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: October Pre-Orders - Whatcha gettin'?  (Read 10165 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: September 26, 2013, 07:48:20 PM »

Here's my first pass.  Not sure if I want to add the INHUMANITY Inhumans event from Marvel and who knows what X-titles I might add after Battle of the Atom is done but for now - this is it.

DC COMICS
BATMAN 26
FOREVER EVIL 4
JUSTICE LEAGUE 26
JUSTICE LEAGUE 3000 1
TRINITY OF SIN PANDORA 6
TRINITY OF SIN THE PHANTOM STRANGER 14

FATALE 20
MORNING GLORIES 36
SIDEKICK  5
WALKING DEAD 118

MARVEL
ALL NEW X-MEN 20
AMAZING X-MEN 2
CABLE AND X-FORCE 17
GUARDIANS OF GALAXY 10
NEW AVENGERS 13.1
THOR GOD OF THUNDER 16

VALIANT
ARCHER & ARMSTRONG 16
HARBINGER 19
ETERNAL WARRIOR 4
UNITY 2
X-O MANOWAR 20

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
EmeraldWarrior420
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2013, 10:50:07 PM »

Pretty small month for me, especially compared to this month's current huge list:

DC Comics:
-DC Universe vs. Masters of the Universe #5
-Forever Evil #4
-Justice League #26 (Forever Evil)
-Justice League 3000 #1 (wasn't this already solicited before?)
-Batman Superman #6
-Green Lantern #26
-Green Lantern Corps #26
-Green Lantern: New Guardians #26
-Red Lanterns #26

Marvel Comics:
-Origin II #1
-Scarlet Spider #25 (Final Issue)
-Superior Spider-Man #23 & 24
-Superior Spider-Man Team-Up #7

And of course the next issue of Previews and Marvel Previews.

Also, I can't freaking believe Avengers is being restarted again. And how many damn Avengers books are already running besides it? I was a huge Avengers fan, but all of this is just overkill and completely turning me away from Avengers anything at this point.

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2013, 04:10:44 AM »

Hmm....I haven't spelled this out in some time!!

Marvel
Superior Spider-man 23 & 24
Scarlet Spider 25
Captain America 14

DC
Action 26
Superman 26
Superman/Wonder Woman 3
Superman Unchained 6
Dark Knight 26
Wonder Woman 26
Aquaman 26
Flash 26
Green Arrow 26
Justice League 26
Justice League of America 10
Forever Evil 4
Phantom Stranger 14

Hunh. That's it.

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2013, 01:59:17 PM »

Okay, man, lets see what I can come up with.

What I know I am getting -

PREVIEWS

BATMAN #26

INHUMANITY #1
THOR #16

BLACK SCIENCE #2
VELVET #3
DOC SAVAGE #1 - UGH, damn DYNAMITE title, but can't NOT get the Man of Bronze
UNITY #2
HARBINGER #19
BLOODSHOT #17

May try, but I know my senses will come back to me and I will drop before final cutoff -

SUPERGIRL #26 - Because new writer Tony Bedard. His NEGATION is still the highlight of comics for me
BATMAN & (TWO FACE) - Just really regret dropping Tomasi's B&R and think he is a great writer
THE SAVIORS  #1 - James Robinson created work. His over exposition will make this the first I drop

Think that is about it for me.

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2013, 03:02:10 PM »

Also, I can't freaking believe Avengers is being restarted again.

Why not? I think this is the way ALL comics should be. Restart at issue #1 every time there is a new "chapter". Why is it no-one has ever given HELLBOY or B.P.R.D or BOMB QUEEN or coulntless other creator owned titles any crap for restarting, but Marvel and DC do it and everyone cries foul.

To me it always made sense, especially when a writer change occurred, to restart the series. But even when it is just a slight change ... eh, why not. People buy 'em, and even the ones that don't due to the "not keeping the original number" will eventually come back once a creative team they enjoy comes on.

No big deal to me and I hope ALL comics reset to number ones after 12 or so issues. If I don't like what is going on currently, I may like what is going on in another 10 issues, and I get to get in with a number 1. Why not?

(I do give Marvel props for including a free digital copy of all Hickmans past issues for free. I mean come on, that is cool.)

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2013, 04:01:00 PM »

Thanks for reminding men abou Velvet.  I'd kick myself if I forgot that.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
EmeraldWarrior420
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2013, 04:50:48 PM »

Also, I can't freaking believe Avengers is being restarted again.

Why not? I think this is the way ALL comics should be. Restart at issue #1 every time there is a new "chapter". Why is it no-one has ever given HELLBOY or B.P.R.D or BOMB QUEEN or coulntless other creator owned titles any crap for restarting, but Marvel and DC do it and everyone cries foul.

To me it always made sense, especially when a writer change occurred, to restart the series. But even when it is just a slight change ... eh, why not. People buy 'em, and even the ones that don't due to the "not keeping the original number" will eventually come back once a creative team they enjoy comes on.

No big deal to me and I hope ALL comics reset to number ones after 12 or so issues. If I don't like what is going on currently, I may like what is going on in another 10 issues, and I get to get in with a number 1. Why not?

(I do give Marvel props for including a free digital copy of all Hickmans past issues for free. I mean come on, that is cool.)

Because all it does is make things confusing. You've got to figure out what stories happened in what series, and if you're talking about them you have to specify which volume you're talking about. It was a lot easier when Avengers was just one volume and all you had to worry about were issue numbers.

But more than that, it's just a money grab. Marvel is restarting series, and ignoring continuity more and more just to sell more "collector's edition" #1 issues. And in this particular case, it's still freaking Hickman writing this relaunch! So there isn't even a creative change.

And I don't complain about indie titles because I generally don't read them unless it's an all-time favorite writer or some licensed comic of something I'm into.

Oh, and the digital thing is cool. I didn't even know about that. But I personally don't bother with digital issues, so it means squat to me personally.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2013, 06:06:30 PM »

Because all it does is make things confusing. You've got to figure out what stories happened in what series, and if you're talking about them you have to specify which volume you're talking about. It was a lot easier when Avengers was just one volume and all you had to worry about were issue numbers.

Yes. I totally agree, but the time of continuous numbering has been gone. It is now no more confusing to say AVENGERS #1 vol 8 than it is to say AVENGERS #1 (1998) Heroes Return (or whenever that was  Cheesy). Marvel and DC have killed the numbering love.

In MY perfect comic publishing world, if a series was 12 issues long, "TITLE #1" would come out in Jan 2013 and then "TITLE #12 - The Finale" would come out in Dec 2013 (followed the next week by an "annual"  Wink) and that would be it for that numbering and we could then get off this issue thing and just call them by year.
"Hey, did you read DEFENDERS 2014? Man, it was great!"
or
"Don't bother picking up any of the JUSTICE LEAGUE 2015. Most of it is drawn by ..."

Well, that is not entirely true. In my "Perfect World" there would be no-more floppies and every comic would be in trade or HC format. You always hear "it reads better in trade" or "this would make a great trade". You never hear "Oh, this trade would have been so much better in monthly format". Ya know why, because none of them would be. Trades and HC are the best way to read a story.
 Smiley
Plus then, all this issue crap would be redundant, as each trade or "Book" could just have a title. Oh how sweet a world.
 Smiley

But more than that, it's just a money grab.

Well of course it is. That is what companies do. They try and make money ... and the most they can. Maybe if fans would stick around on titles when they reach issue 58, companies wouldn't have to re-number just to get the sales, but as it works better than not, I don't blame them for doing it.

And before anyone says "well, if the wrote good enough stories that people would want to stick around ..."  Grin, let me stop you. Attrition is a natural occurrence regardless of how good something is. Just as curiosity in "issue #1" helps drive sales, the staleness of "issue #29" will drive them away. We are an easily bored bunch of bi-peds.
  Grin

And I don't complain about indie titles because I generally don't read them unless it's an all-time favorite writer or some licensed comic of something I'm into.

Well you are, sadly, not alone. I wish more people would get away from the big two. It's not their fault, but these character's stories have been around forever. Only so much you can do before it gets, like it is now; re-hashed, re-done, re-treated and repeated
 Undecided

Oh, and the digital thing is cool. I didn't even know about that.

Yes, very cool.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2013, 02:39:25 AM »

I just place my order and it is as expected with one exception ...

PREVIEWS

BATMAN #26
DETECTIVE COMICS #26
BATMAN & ROBIN NIGHTWING #23 (Back-Order)
BATMAN & ROBIN TWO-FACE #24 (Back-Order)
BATMAN & ROBIN CARRIE KELLY #25 (Back-Order)
BATMAN & ROBIN TWO-FACE #26

INHUMANITY #1
THOR #16

BLACK SCIENCE #2
VELVET #3
UNITY #2
HARBINGER #19
BLOODSHOT #17

Decided against adding DOC SAVAGE #1. I just don't trust the artist pool at Dynamite enough to make this an enjoyable read.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2013, 01:45:59 PM by Perry » Logged

EmeraldWarrior420
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2013, 03:36:52 AM »

Baby plans on the way. This will be my last pre-order. For the time being, to cut corners, I will only be buying back-issues when I've got the money (except Superior Spider-Man and JLA 3000 #1 I kept on my future orders list).

Branden
HR Vigilante

« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2013, 06:07:42 AM »

Luckily, I make pretty good money so I didn't have to cut back when my son was born.

AVENGERS FUCKING ASSEMBLE!!!!!!!!

- Hitgirl
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2013, 12:27:39 PM »

Baby plans on the way. This will be my last pre-order.

Cool Well congrats and totally understandable. Went through the same thing back in '83 with my first daughter. Problem for me was when I came back, I went crazy buying almost everything. Luckily the "90s" era hit not too long after and curtailed that buying habit before the next one popped.
 Cheesy

(except Superior Spider-Man and JLA 3000 #1 I kept on my future orders list).

Well then shouldn't your post include:
JLA 3000 #1
SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN #23
SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN #24

Tongue
 Wink

EmeraldWarrior420
HR Celestial

« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2013, 05:47:33 PM »

Baby plans on the way. This will be my last pre-order.

Cool Well congrats and totally understandable. Went through the same thing back in '83 with my first daughter. Problem for me was when I came back, I went crazy buying almost everything. Luckily the "90s" era hit not too long after and curtailed that buying habit before the next one popped.
 Cheesy

(except Superior Spider-Man and JLA 3000 #1 I kept on my future orders list).

Well then shouldn't your post include:
JLA 3000 #1
SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN #23
SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN #24

Tongue
 Wink

I do have those up there, with other books. THIS is my last order.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2013, 06:10:11 PM »

Dude, I was drunk. All good.  Cheesy

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2013, 08:47:58 PM »

Just submitted my order and here's what it looks like:

DC COMICS
BATMAN #26 (ZERO YEAR) 
FOREVER EVIL #4 Of(7) 
GREEN ARROW #26 
HARLEY QUINN #1
JUSTICE LEAGUE #26 (EVIL) 
JUSTICE LEAGUE 3000 #1
TRINITY OF SIN PANDORA #6 (EVIL) 

IMAGE COMICS
FATALE #20 (MR) 
MORNING GLORIES #36 (MR) 
SIDEKICK #5
VELVET #3 (MR) 
WALKING DEAD #118 (MR) 

MARVEL
ALL NEW X-MEN #20 
AMAZING X-MEN #2 
CABLE AND X-FORCE #17 
GUARDIANS OF GALAXY #10 INF 
INHUMANITY #1
NEW AVENGERS #13.INH 
THOR GOD OF THUNDER #16 
UNCANNY X-MEN #15.INH 

VALIANT
ARCHER & ARMSTRONG #16
ETERNAL WARRIOR #4
HARBINGER #19 REG EVANS 
UNITY #2
X-O MANOWAR #20

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS