HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 09:46:59 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Kung Fu Panda 4 premieres in theaters March 8, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.  (Read 76506 times)
jedicow
HR Super Hero

« on: September 25, 2013, 02:19:45 AM »

c'mon....you know you watched it.  what did you think?

I enjoyed it.  I will wait and make sure all of you have seen it before going into anything here.

G:The Last Man
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2013, 05:11:58 AM »

Best show I've seen in my life TODAY.

Gotta love Whedon dialogue.....

Chloe Bennett is my new crush....

Coulson is a robot..... Cheesy

Branden
HR Vigilante

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2013, 06:45:02 AM »

I enjoyed it. I'll probably keep watching. It is Joss Whedon, after all. Smiley

The "Hood" character, I completely didn't expect him to go crazy. My friend, Thomas, who was watching it with me did, though. But I thought it was a good twist for the episode.

Also, who do you thing was behind the tech. My guess? A.I.M.

AVENGERS FUCKING ASSEMBLE!!!!!!!!

- Hitgirl
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2013, 11:27:33 PM »

Just watched. Going to let it sink in before I comment too much, but ... eh, it was okay. A little too ABC FAMILY for me, but not bad. I think it will get better, however, so that is a good thing.

EDIT - Okay, I slept on it and yeah, I still hold to my original, bland response. The only real draw for me here is the Marvel connection. If this was just a "spy show" and had no ties to past or future Marvel properties, I am not sure I would watch past this first episode. The whole family friendly spy show with its
"We are going to make sure this child still has a father"
atmosphere is just not what I would really want in a covert action show. It seems like it is going to be the A-TEAM with powers and better gadgets. Lots of explosions and gun fire and no real injuries. I mean
the "hoodie hero" beat the one guy over the head with a propane tank and yet they had to "report" he was still alive. I get why, the dude is set to be a "good guy" in the show, but that doesn't change the damage that a fork-lift propane tank would do to a skull. I've lifted those damn things many times ... they would crush a skull. Why show it if they are just going to gloss over the effects that it would have. "He survived". BAH Why not just push the dude down?
Tongue

Again, only one episode in, and as it is tied into Marvel U, I will give it at least one more shot, probably two, but if I still come away with this lack-luster feeling and no emotional draw to the show, I will have no trouble treating this like a current Marvel comic and dropping it from my DVR pull list.
 Grin
« Last Edit: September 26, 2013, 11:01:22 AM by Perry » Logged

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
EmeraldWarrior420
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2013, 04:55:08 PM »

My reaction:

It was good. Not spectacular. But it's not like there's anything better on T.V. competing for my viewing. So I'll keep watching and see where this goes.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2013, 09:11:36 PM »

I liked it. I think it'll keep getting better.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2013, 03:05:52 AM »

I thought it was good enough. With the exception of Firefly, all of Whedon's shows needed a few weeks (or a first season) to get their feet underneath them and really take off.

But, hey, it's something!!

Of course, it took until season 8 of Smallville to see the JsA and then later his own version of the JLA Cheesy

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2013, 01:22:35 AM »

Even with the issues I have with the show, I found this second installment to be a better episode. Doubt it will ever reach FIREFLY level, but at least it has surpassed DOLLHOUSE

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
jedicow
HR Super Hero

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2013, 03:02:11 AM »

I really enjoyed this 2nd episode.  liked how the team melded, liked how...dammit...I must put spoilers in now...

how the mystery with Skye (who, by the way, is amazingly HOT!) is building, the references to the avengers (especially the hammer comment) and of course...the Fury cameo.

I have some theories about Coulston and his recovery (other than the LMD theory).  they keep talking abut his time in Tahiti and he always refers to it as a "magical" place.  I wonder if he spent some time with a certain doctor?  strange theory, right?  (see what I did there?)  my 2nd theory is that perhaps he spent some time in Asgard.  any other theories out there?

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2013, 12:41:07 PM »

Well,
For now, I am still sticking with the Coulson LMD theory, but I would be more than happy to have it be something else, not so obvious.

I know who the villain is already for episode 3, or at least the name of the character that will show up, not sure if he will be "the" villain ... Not sure how they are going to do it, but if they do use him as "The" villain, it will be the start of truly getting deep into the Marvel U.

Only reveal if you want to be spoiled, like I was ... accidentally  Angry (Though it does have me more excited now)
Franklin Hall = GRAVITON!!!!!!

Smiley
« Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 12:49:27 PM by Perry » Logged

Branden
HR Vigilante

« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2013, 04:53:28 PM »

I read the spoiler. Sounds awesome.

I liked the second episode. It was better than the pilot and

I honestly didn't figure out that one chick that I can't remember the name of was the villian until she started hitting on Coulson. I thought it was a good twist. And, science impossibilities aside, I like how that hole in the hull was covered.

AVENGERS FUCKING ASSEMBLE!!!!!!!!

- Hitgirl
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2013, 06:32:54 PM »

And, science impossibilities aside, I like how that hole in the hull was covered.

Indeed.

Wringer
HR Super Hero

« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2013, 02:40:07 AM »

so far so good...getting a little stronger each ep, nice intro even though i kind of saw it coming.  still a bit cheesy but not too bad...need more lola though
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2013, 07:44:48 AM »

Was not a fan of episode 3. This was a very weak episode overall and the problems seem highlighted after the stronger episode #2. Yes it was nice to see an origin of one of the most powerful beings in the Marvel U, but the entire "mission" reeked of piss poor, happenstance writing instead of half-logical reasoning.

Why was Skye even invited?  Roll Eyes The gun exchange fight?  Roll Eyes  Greg Clark trying to act like a soldier  Undecided (I like the guy and all, but he should never ... never, ever, be shown as a field agent again.)

And the beginning ...  how the "bad guys" were able to plant small balls of 'gravity mucky-muck' balls on an highway  Roll Eyes in three perfect locations (correct lane) Roll Eyes And going back to my "A-Team like" fear ... a Semi-driver flies 50 to 60 feet in the air, in his truck, slams to the ground and is then shown being treated as if he fell off a skateboard  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Sadly, I could go on and on about how the episode sucked, for me, but I am so disappointed, I don't have the heart to do so. Really hope next episode rebounds back to the promise episode #2 showed.

However, to those that enjoyed it ... I am glad you did Smiley

jedicow
HR Super Hero

« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2013, 12:00:36 PM »

this is the way I see it.  I just turned 40 yesterday and have been wanting shows and movies like these since I was 5.  I will take them with the imperfections.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS