HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 11:06:01 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Gladiator 2 premieres in theaters November 22, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: GAME OF THRONES  (Read 32804 times)
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #45 on: April 24, 2014, 03:16:14 AM »

I've gone looking at sites and wikis and what not, and they all say the same thing...so perhaps I am wrong and that it has been revealed. That said, it's obviously a real-non factor in the books, as I can't remember it happening, and no one seems to be looking for a murderer!

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #46 on: April 24, 2014, 07:23:42 AM »

I've gone looking at sites and wikis and what not, and they all say the same thing...so perhaps I am wrong and that it has been revealed.

That's okay. It happens. If I had to pull-out a hair for every time I was mistaken, I would be a hairless man.  Grin And hey, no harm done  Smiley

That said, it's obviously a real-non factor in the books, as I can't remember it happening, and no one seems to be looking for a murderer!

Kinda disappointing, but hopefully the show will take it to a higher level ... without droning on about it  Grin

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #47 on: April 28, 2014, 08:05:39 PM »

Well, I guess that is why Jimmy didn't remember the "who did it" in the book. There was little fan fair involved at all in the disclosure.  Grin

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #48 on: April 29, 2014, 02:19:11 AM »

Cheesy

How much of a non-factor did it turn out to be? I don't have HBO to keep current on this season, so you can "spoil" the tv event for me. Wink

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #49 on: April 29, 2014, 09:23:29 AM »

Well again, I say this knowing that the book could have been different ... as much so in fact that the book may have indeed not said who it was at all ...
 Cheesy

Turns out that Little Finger, Lord Baylish (sp?), had put the poison in the "fake" necklace (fake necklace due to the "gems", not that the necklace did no exist  Cheesy) that he had the drunk jester, who's name I forgot ... the one that Sansa saved on Joffrey's name day, give to Sansa awhile back. Baylish asks Sansa if she had noticed how one of the gems was missing from her necklace on that day of Joffery's death.

We then find out within seconds that this was done at the request of the grandmother Tyrell, who's name I also can't remember right now, as she would never have allowed her grand-daughter to marry such a shit king  Cheesy and so had Lord Baylish kill the bastard.

We, or at least I, are still are not sure how the poison was transferred from necklace to the cup of wine ... or to wherever the poison was placed, as it seems kinda odd that it could have been the wine glass now. I mean to pull the poison from the necklace, crush it to powder and then use it as an ingredient of death, all while at the celebration seems not likely. Was it done prior to the start of the event? Was it in the cake he ate ... but how would they know it got to him and just him? Was the necklace just a way to get the poison in to the hands of Grand-Ma Tyrell ... but surely she could have walked around with a fake gem without being accused of foul play? I mean what exactly happened is still a mystery to me and not sure if they will ever explain the "how", based solely on how this episode ended. It was like "we did it, Grand-Ma asked for the poison to be administered, Baylish provided the poison and it's delivery ... we are done ...moving on". Really almost a non-event.
 Undecided

EDIT -
I went back and re-watched the "Purple Wedding"  Cheesy, and you can indeed see where the elder Tyrell, Olenna Tyrell, Margery's grand-mother, grabs one of the gems from Sansa's necklace. Well, they do it in a way you don't actually see it, but you can see her palm something after touching Sansa's hair and neck area. and then you can see there is a "gem" missing from the end of the necklace.

They don't show Olenna Tyrell putting the gem in the cup, but there is a scene where Joffery opens the cake with a sword that Olenna could have eaisly reached over and dropped the "gem" into Joffry's cup. He then drinks from it a few moments later.

Still not sure why Olenna had to go about sneaking the poison in that way, by way of another's necklace, as it seems to me she would have been safe from a pat-down or anything  Grin and could have just carried it herself, but maybe she just didn't want to chance it?
« Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 04:13:34 PM by Perry » Logged

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #50 on: May 01, 2014, 12:26:17 AM »

All right dangit.......

I ordered the books on Amazon.

Now when am I going to have time to read those?

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #51 on: May 01, 2014, 11:08:51 AM »

Cheesy
Probably about the same time I get to start reading book 2 of the Wheel of Time series!

(Of course, somehow I found a way to start the audio version of Stephen King's IT a couple days ago ... Just because I was thinking about re-watching the horrible, made for network TV movie version and I realized I never read the book, so I wanted to "read" it first, this time around. Or excuse me ... I wanted to "read" IT first, this time around Wink)

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #52 on: June 09, 2014, 01:30:04 PM »

Season 4 Episode 9

Did anyone watch this last night?  GREAT episode.  The entire episode is about the Wall and the war with the northerners.  Bloody, hammer smashing, awesomeness.  Plus giants and woolly mammoths.  You can't go wrong with that.

I can't believe next week is the season finale already.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2014, 04:12:50 PM by Perry » Logged

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #53 on: June 09, 2014, 03:22:24 PM »

Aaawwww maaan
 Undecided
« Last Edit: June 09, 2014, 04:14:04 PM by Perry » Logged

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #54 on: June 11, 2014, 12:35:39 PM »

Okay, finally was able to see this past episode. I had to bargain with the wife to be able to, as she is out of town and we usually watch this show together. I had to make a few humorous concessions  Grin

I enjoyed this episode but
I could not get last weeks ending out of my head and thus I kept waiting for another ax to fall. Having not read the books, I was sure Gilly or Sam ... or both were gonna bite it in this episode and that didn't allow me to sit back and just enjoy the damn carnage.  Cheesy Not that I am attached to the characters, that much, but I just didn't need that kinda sorrow back to back  Grin I just knew when he promised he was gonna come back, that she was gonna die (especially when the coward opened the door) and that would allow him to keep his promise. He would return to find her dead  Cheesy And then I thought, as soon as he looked behind the door and found the coward whimpering, that he would turn to talk to Gilly and the coward would kill them both because he didn't want it known what he did.  Grin For a coward, I tell ya, he really got to me  Grin Cheesy

That is what this show has done to me. Shown me no character is safe and made me be concerned over EVERY SINGLE DAMN GOOD CHARACTER  Cheesy Cheesy

However, I told the wife I would watch it with her when she returns, so I will really be able to enjoy the
giant on the mammoth, the mammoth crushing that dude  Grin, that wicked damn swinging flanged mace looking thing they released on those guys climbing the wall (that was awesome)
and all the other parts that I loved yet couldn't just enjoy.
 Cheesy
« Last Edit: June 11, 2014, 12:39:11 PM by Perry » Logged

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #55 on: May 22, 2015, 02:10:12 AM »

Season 5 Episode 6

WHAT THE F¥{K?Huh??

I'm almost speechless.

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #56 on: May 22, 2015, 02:59:44 AM »

Season 5 Episode 6

WHAT THE F¥{K?Huh??

I'm almost speechless.

That's what I've been hearing about, on the net at least.

Not a book scene. Meet the first departure from the novels.

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #57 on: May 22, 2015, 09:24:25 AM »

Are we talking about the
wedding night scene or the hearing or ... ?
I don't remember many WTF moments other than those

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #58 on: May 22, 2015, 11:24:13 AM »

Are we talking about the
wedding night scene or the hearing or ... ?
I don't remember many WTF moments other than those

Yep.  The ending.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #59 on: May 22, 2015, 03:04:19 PM »

Ahhh

So that wasn't in the book, Jimmy? Hmmm I was thinking, and please don't spoil it for me, buddy  Wink , but I was thinking that
it was gonna set Reek off and be the breaking point. Expected hi to snap and kill that fucking fucker!!  Angry

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS