HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 05:16:53 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Kraven the Hunter premieres in theaters August 30, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: GAME OF THRONES  (Read 32797 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #30 on: October 14, 2013, 07:01:01 PM »

What does EOTW stand for anyway?

Eye Of The World

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2014, 01:20:09 AM »

"I will do what Queens do....."

Can't wait for April 6th!!!

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
G:The Last Man
HR Celestial

« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2014, 01:48:01 AM »

No reaction to last sunday's episode?

I mean, we knew it happen sooner or later, but it was cool to see it play out, was it not?

Any one have guesses on who did it?  For those reading the novels, did they reveal the culprit in the books?

I feel like checking wikipedia just to find out.....
« Last Edit: April 20, 2014, 11:13:08 AM by Perry » Logged

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2014, 11:11:41 AM »

Any one have guesses on who did it?  For those reading the novels, did they reveal the culprit in the books? 

First off, another great episode.

I left feeling somewhat saddened or even mad that he didn't receive the same treatment that Theon Greyjoy had. I think he deserved it more than Theon did.

As for who did it - I know they say who it is in the books, but I avoided the conversation as to the identity. Obviously not Tyrion  Grin so that leaves who? Three people? Four?

Sensa Stark - Very well could be
Dontos Hollard - The court Jester that Sensa saved. You bet it could be him.
The whore Shea - Is she really on the boat? Did she see the punk make fun of her love?
Bronn - Perhaps, but doesn't seem like the kinda guy to be proactive. He does have a stake in Tyrion though
Margery Tyrell - If you have to consummate the marriage to be "Queen" here, I doubt it was her, but maybe
The other Tyrells - Again, maybe, but not likely
Oberon Martell - Bottom line, the Martell's from Dorne and the Lannisters hate each other. Could be.
Ellaria Sands - Oberon's bastard whore? Eh, doubt it, but ...
Tommen Baratheon - The younger Lannister. A dark horse as he doesn't seem vile ... yet  Cheesy
Brienne of Tarth - Don't think she would be one to use poison  Wink And not really a reason to do so, really

My top three, Sensa, Dontos and Shea are probably wrong guesses as it leans that way too easily. But this is not a mystery show, so ...
 Cheesy

Could've have sworn I had another name. One that I saw there at the table, but damn if I can remember now. Did I miss someone?

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #34 on: April 20, 2014, 12:15:36 PM »

Finally watched the first two episodes last night.  Wow!

I can't wait to see how this plays out.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #35 on: April 20, 2014, 09:58:06 PM »

Another idea, after catching the last 5 minutes of that last episode again ...

I would like to add Cersei to list of potential poisoners. I think she is just evil enough to poison her own son. Perhaps the thought of not being Queen Regent any longer made it worth while.

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #36 on: April 22, 2014, 01:00:03 PM »

It is NOT known in the novels.  And by the way, that event happened 15 years ago in real world time, so yeah, we've been waiting for a bit.

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #37 on: April 22, 2014, 01:50:53 PM »

It is NOT known in the novels.  

SAH-WEET. I've been avoiding some sites due to the fear of it being known, as one poster I saw stated it was. Hope you are not mistaken because now I won't fear running into the answer... that is not the answer.
 Grin

EDIT - I'm still scared man. Are you sure? Seems like people are pretty certain it is revealed, but again, I am too scared of reading too far and getting spoiled so I am not really doing due diligence here.
 Cheesy

I will take your word and fear no longer if you are sure though, but someone I really trust with the GoT knowledge is hinting otherwise. Could be just messing with me though ... certainly could be in fact, but so far they haven't steered me wrong. But maybe they are just mistaken also. Kinda safer for you, the one that's read the book, to look and verify than me.
 Cheesy
« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 02:11:36 PM by Perry » Logged

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #38 on: April 22, 2014, 02:59:56 PM »

It is NOT known in the novels.  

SAH-WEET. I've been avoiding some sites due to the fear of it being known, as one poster I saw stated it was. Hope you are not mistaken because now I won't fear running into the answer... that is not the answer.
 Grin

EDIT - I'm still scared man. Are you sure? Seems like people are pretty certain it is revealed, but again, I am too scared of reading too far and getting spoiled so I am not really doing due diligence here.
 Cheesy

I will take your word and fear no longer if you are sure though, but someone I really trust with the GoT knowledge is hinting otherwise. Could be just messing with me though ... certainly could be in fact, but so far they haven't steered me wrong. But maybe they are just mistaken also. Kinda safer for you, the one that's read the book, to look and verify than me.
 Cheesy

Apparently it is known as my office mate spoiled it for me.   Angry

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #39 on: April 22, 2014, 03:18:09 PM »

Oh man  Angry That sucks. Was it accidentally or were they just being a grade A ... A?

Of course now I have to stop going to the sites again  Cheesy

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #40 on: April 22, 2014, 03:26:15 PM »

Oh man  Angry That sucks. Was it accidentally or were they just being a grade A ... A?

Of course now I have to stop going to the sites again  Cheesy

He does that all the time.  I forgot not to mention that I had watched it.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #41 on: April 22, 2014, 03:30:54 PM »

He does that all the time.  I forgot not to mention that I had watched it.

Wow, I know I'm an ass, but that dude is a complete
DICK!!

You need to find something he has just started watching and spoil everything you can. I hate people like that. No reason for it other than to ruin other peoples fun.

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #42 on: April 23, 2014, 03:42:10 AM »

I can honestly say that I don't remember when this event took place in the book (the culprits revealed and/or confessing). I've had friends read it 2-3 times through and haven't picked up on it, to be honest.

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #43 on: April 23, 2014, 11:49:11 AM »

Smiley I believe ya man, but .. maybe you could look and see around the net to make sure? Because there is only three options here that I can see -

A) Both Jeff and I are being F'd with (Possibly on my end at least because they are just "smiling at me" like they know)
B) Both Jeff and I are being told something that others really believe, but have somehow misread the facts
C) You and your friends just missed a major aspect of the book.

Grin

I am more than willing to accept that A or B is much more likely than C, meaning you are 100% correct  Smiley, but man ... still scared to look more into it.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #44 on: April 23, 2014, 10:43:10 PM »

Yeah it would not surprise me if my coworker is wrong.  His wife reads the books and she spoiled it for him.  But I don't think he minds being spoiled.

Honestly he's a pretty nice guy but this is his one MAJOR fault.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS