HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 11:34:44 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Thunderbolts premieres in theaters July 25, 2025!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Time Travel/Alternate Universe Comic Stories  (Read 3855 times)
EmeraldWarrior420
HR Celestial

« on: September 27, 2013, 03:30:02 PM »

I love a good time-travel or alternate-universe comic story.

I've recently finished JLA: Rock of Ages, X-Men: Here Comes Tomorrow, and re-read Age of Apocalypse (the original saga). And of course, Crisis on Infinite Earths and Infinite Crisis are two of the greatest super-hero sagas ever written.

So, for my education, my amusement, and to satiate my curiosity; please list for me some great time-travel/alternate universe comic book stories. I want more.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2013, 04:00:21 PM »

Not a long one, but DOOM QUEST has always been a favorite of mine. So has that AVENGERS : FOREVER that I know you have, but that is anything but short. Basically any AVENGERS story with KANG and any FF story with RAMA TUT (EDIT - Or Immortus ... ya know, same guy)
 Grin

Right before I came back to comics, or right when, I forget ... ahem, anyway, there was that DC ONE MILLLION thing happening that I think was a time travel story, though I never read any of it.

Of course, a lot of DC ELSEWORLDS also have the time travel feel to them, though not really "traveling" anywhere.  Cheesy
And also not really what you're looking for, but Byrne's GENERATIONS had to do with Bat and Supes actually ageing and seeing them through the genreations. That was kinda good.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2013, 04:02:39 PM by Perry » Logged

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
EmeraldWarrior420
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2013, 04:53:05 PM »

Doom Quest? What is that? I like Doom, so it sounds interesting. And thanks.

As for DC One Million, I have it. Pretty dang forgettable. Cool costume designs for the future heroes, but beyond that the story was pretty blah.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2013, 06:09:29 PM »

Two issue Iron Man / Doctor Doom story (told you it was short  Grin) where they travel back to Camelot. Remember really loving this when it first hit.

HERE is wiki's description. Not sure if spoilers contained, so be careful.

As for DC One Million, I have it. Pretty dang forgettable. Cool costume designs for the future heroes, but beyond that the story was pretty blah.

Ahh, thanks for the warning.

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
EmeraldWarrior420
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2013, 07:10:30 PM »

Two issue Iron Man / Doctor Doom story (told you it was short  Grin) where they travel back to Camelot. Remember really loving this when it first hit.

HERE is wiki's description. Not sure if spoilers contained, so be careful.

Ahh, thanks for the warning.

Oh, okay. Yeah, I have those original issues. Iron Man v.1 #149-150. It was a cool little story. They ended up having to work together and hobble together another time machine from pieces of their armors to get back to the present.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2013, 08:37:33 PM »

Smiley
Yeah, that's the one. They revisited the story like in I.M 250 or something .. 300 maybe? Oh hell, I don't remember  Grin Wasn't as good, anyway.
 Cheesy

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS