HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 05:18:05 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Spiderverse 3 premieres in theaters March 29, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Spider-man's current publishing world  (Read 8099 times)
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« on: September 17, 2013, 05:29:15 AM »

So... for the December...January? solicits, Peter Parker returns in 5 very special "700.x" issues of neato tales of Spider-man.

Screw that. What a waste of money.

Also, in that month, Scarlet Spider is cancelled (which I have VERY much enjoyed, more so than Superior Spider-man)

((and yes, I've been reading Spidey. Shocked you say?!?! You should be if you know me at all, but that's a long winded blowhard thread for another night)).

But, with 5 ASM, and 2 SSM issues that month, with all 7 of them at $3.99? Talk about a schilling of a customer base! And with all those ASM issues just one in dones by creative talents that haven't worked on Spidey, all I can say is that I tell a cool Webhead story; let me publish something that will never mean anything...

OH yeah, I'm a person who is rather done with inconsequential mini-series. It all costs too derned much to spread my money around.

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2013, 02:48:11 PM »

I also have no interest in this. Nice for those that want to read a "remember Pete" story, but I'm not that guy. I have the DVD containing all the AMAZING SPIDER-MAN issues if I want to read Peter as Spidey again.  Wink

I will say that I have enjoyed every issue that I have read of SUPERIOR (about half of them). I just try and stay away from it as a pull title because Slott has burned me too many times. Plus, when someone else I know buys it, it makes it easier to not buy  Cheesy

Having said that, I will still, even if Slott is writing, jump back on Amazing as soon as Peter returns.

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
EmeraldWarrior420
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2013, 04:54:39 PM »

I'm pretty sure that the Peter story, is Marvel trying to test the waters to see if the time is ripe to bring Peter back to the costume or not.

So if you want to see Peter return, buy it and vote with your wallet.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2013, 06:23:56 PM »

I'm pretty sure that the Peter story, is Marvel trying to test the waters to see if the time is ripe to bring Peter back to the costume or not.

Nah. I don't think Marvel feels they need to test for the right time to bring Peter back. They know the right time will be whenever they decide to do so. I thing that time will be when Superior sales start to slip.

These stories will do little in bringing fans back to Amazing, as fans will rush back regardless. And of course, some will bitch and moan about Marvel bringing him back. That is the way of the world now.
 Cheesy

Plus, like Jimmy said, it is mainly a mini that will leave nothing on the playing field. It is just a few 'remember this guy?' stories. Think of them as Spider-Man annuals.
 Wink

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2013, 09:29:12 PM »

I haven't been reading any Spidey.  Why did they feel they needed to get rid of Peter?

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
EmeraldWarrior420
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2013, 10:28:11 PM »

I haven't been reading any Spidey.  Why did they feel they needed to get rid of Peter?

Not sure why they did, but it's a been a good read. I hate what they did to Peter, being a looooongtime Spider-Man fan. But despite that, the writing is so good, I can't stop ordering Superior Spider-Man. Doc Ock has never been so cool.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2013, 10:39:56 PM »

it's a been a good read.

Yep  Smiley

EmeraldWarrior420
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2013, 12:02:31 AM »

You heard Mario's voice when you read that typo, didn't you?

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2013, 01:06:43 AM »

You heard Mario's voice when you read that typo, didn't you?

Cheesy Nailed it.

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2013, 04:09:20 AM »

Yeah, I don't mind the current read. My burn against Slott is that I don't get the feeling that this is epic, awesome Spidey greatness. Sometimes I think that comes down to the artist though, too.

Ramos...has never cut it. Never.

And I like Stefano, but even then, he never truly excites me in his pages like McFarlane did, or Larsen, or Bagley, or Garney, or even Deodato (movie frame copies aside).

The Spider-man books no longer lead the Marvel Fleet; it's days of being the flag ship are over...and I think it shows.

Jimmy T since 2001
Branden
HR Vigilante

« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2013, 06:49:17 AM »

I like Superior Spider-Man. What I don't like is Spider-Man being on every other team in the Marvel Universe. It's ridiculous.

AVENGERS FUCKING ASSEMBLE!!!!!!!!

- Hitgirl
EmeraldWarrior420
HR Celestial

« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2013, 05:06:23 PM »

I like Superior Spider-Man. What I don't like is Spider-Man being on every other team in the Marvel Universe. It's ridiculous.

He was only on The Avengers. Then they kicked him off because they didn't agree with his methods since becoming "Superior".

He now leads his own team of cronies that patrol the city. And the upcoming Superior Spider-Man Team-Up storyline looks like he might be putting the Sinister Six back together.

Wringer
HR Super Hero

« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2013, 03:22:06 AM »

i think he's in the new Avengers title that just stated with luke

whatever

I'm liking the storyline but it is running its course.  i liked it better when peter was a fly in Oct brain.  now that he's gone Doc is just becoming an ass and is just trying to be a better spiderman and not a better person.  

i dont see it lasting much longer but still liking it enough to keep reading

whats pissing me off is the cancelling of Scarlet Spider...that is a great title...always loved kaine as a villian and even more as a hero in Spider-girl.  seeing him try to redeem himself was a ton o fun...Chris Yost never seems to disapoint me.  if/when Slott leaves the main title. i hope it goes to Yost (enjoying Team-up too)

Venom was great under Remender not as good under bunn, but i really liked Flash as venom and hope he remains in the role...would like to see actual communication between him and the symbiot and flesh out the suit as a character and more than a violent monster
« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 03:35:29 AM by Wringer » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS