HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 10:10:02 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Gladiator 2 premieres in theaters November 22, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Lone Star Comic No More  (Read 2958 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: September 12, 2013, 12:58:57 AM »

As many of you know I live in the Dallas area and my LCS has been Lone Star Comics for almost 20 years with locations by both my work and home.  Well, I went into my LCS tonight to grab some new issues and saw a strange sign hanging in the store that said "Urban Legends Comicshop".

WHAT???  What is this?  Yep original owner Buddy Saunders, who started selling comics in Jr High to military Joe's over seas ( the first comic he ever sold was a brand new mint Fantastic Four #1 for 25 cents), has sold all his brick and mortar stores.  That's five locations.  I AM STUNNED.  I remember when my best friends dad drove us to the big city (a two hour drive back then) and at age 12 or 13 I first walked into the only Lone Star Comics around at the time.  It was my first comic shop.  He is keeping his online business MyComicShop.com so I'm guessing he sees the writing on the wall or simply wants to retire soon.

The good news is the locations by my work and home will still be there just owned by different people and have different names.

Here's the story I found when I looked it up after coming home.

http://robot6.comicbookresources.com/2013/09/lone-star-comics-owners-sell-remaining-brick-and-mortar-stores/

« Last Edit: September 12, 2013, 01:04:13 AM by Jeff » Logged

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2013, 01:05:49 AM »

Well I hope the new guys treat you well.  Smiley
(Also glad we didn't lose the shops, they just changed hands)

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2013, 01:12:23 AM »

Well I hope the new guys treat you well.  Smiley
(Also glad we didn't lose the shops, they just changed hands)

Yes I agree.  That's the only reason I didn't cross over from "stunned" to "painful".

Looks like all the same staff too so no one lost any jobs.  I actually kind of like it.  This could mean that one store will have something that another doesn't.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2013, 01:14:33 AM »

Yes I agree.  That's the only reason I didn't cross over from "stunned" to "painful".

Grin

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS