HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 08:48:43 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom  premieres in theaters now!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Battle of the Atom  (Read 10518 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: September 11, 2013, 12:25:50 PM »

Issue #1

Actually thought this to be pretty good. Not really spoilers, but just in case ...
Very intrigued by the Xorn looking chick (who looks like a dude at the end of the book for some reason) as well as the guy with the red hoodie. Assuming the hoodie guy ... and only because he is wearing glasses, could be Scott ... one of the versions, could the huge guy be Bobby?

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2013, 05:47:56 PM »

I can't wait to read it.  I'll be back after I get to it.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
EmeraldWarrior420
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2013, 03:20:05 AM »

Yep, good read. And I'm not normally a big X-Men fan. (However, I have been following All-New X-Men in particular.)

Can't wait to see where this all goes.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2013, 03:27:56 PM »

PART 2 - ALL NEW X-MEN #16
OF COURSE!!! How could I have been so blind? Hoodie guy = Deadpool!!!
  Grin

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
EmeraldWarrior420
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2013, 02:20:29 AM »

Grin

I thought he was obvious.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2013, 07:50:00 AM »

Grin

I thought he was obvious.

Well of course. Kinda the point of the last post, wasn't it?  Tongue

EmeraldWarrior420
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2013, 03:27:41 AM »

Possible Spoilers Ahead (Speculation)

I don't think future Jean Grey is Jean Grey at all. It's Madelyne Pryor. Big hint when White Queen said "White Queen vs. Black Queen" at the end of the last issue (Uncanny X-Men #12).

Wringer
HR Super Hero

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2013, 03:17:05 AM »

i'm enjoying this storyline quite a bit and its moving at a decent pace.  my only issue here is early in when
young cyclops dies and old cyclops disappeared, everything else should have changed too as all the good deeds scott has done would be no more

which leads me to the single most simple plot hole in this whole thing
the old young xmen must go back at some time or everything that we know changes a la AoA.  the second they decide they are really not going back, the xmen as we know then cease to be, all the adventure they go on and the times they save the world/universe from the point they leave until today changes.  the trap marvel put themselves in here is they cant have it both ways, either as was established when young cyclops dies they are from the same timeline and their absense from the past will change everything or it splinters into another timeline with an original xmenless world

still enjoying it but its a slippery slope
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2013, 12:22:08 PM »

So....what exactly is the Battle of the Atom? Just a hyped mini? An event alongside the regular comics? An event redefining the X-books focus? I have no clue...and well, that's all I really want. Cheesy

And I have read the spoilers in this thread, and since it happened that once upon a time that both Bishop and Cable came from different futures, I see no problem with the potential paradox Marvel is creating. Cheesy

Jimmy T since 2001
EmeraldWarrior420
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2013, 06:35:28 PM »

So....what exactly is the Battle of the Atom? Just a hyped mini? An event alongside the regular comics? An event redefining the X-books focus? I have no clue...and well, that's all I really want. Cheesy

And I have read the spoilers in this thread, and since it happened that once upon a time that both Bishop and Cable came from different futures, I see no problem with the potential paradox Marvel is creating. Cheesy

Here's the deal:

After the events of Avengers vs. X-Men and the death of Professor Xavier, Beast is depressed and disenchanted. He feels he can "fix" the X-Men if he could only make them see how far they have fallen from Xavier's original ideals and dreams. So he uses Dr. Doom's time-travel technology and grabs the original 5 X-Men from the 60s with hopes that when the current-day X-Men see them, it will open their eyes.

The original 5 X-Men see the shape of Mutantity, and decide to stay and help. This all goes well for a while. Then some "X-Men" (this claim is still in question) claiming to be from the future tell the current-day X-Men that the original 5 X-Men must return to their own time or there will be life & death sort of consequences.

The original 5 X-Men don't take to kindly to being told what to do. They split down the middle on whether to go back or not. Cyclops and Jean run away, and end up siding with current-day Cyclops, White Queen, and Magneto's team who ironically enough, are the only ones who side with Jean and Cyclops and agree they should have a say in their own destiny.

In the meantime, Magik (who is on the Cyclops/Magneto team) uses her demonic powers to travel to the future X-Men's timeline, as she feels something fishy is going on. And sure enough, things aren't quite as the future X-Men claim them to be. She travels back to present-day to warn her team.

And that's about where we're at, right now, with the crossover still in the middle.

I'm enjoying the hell out of it! But I was always a big fan of the original X-Factor, so this is sort of a return to that for me. And I always enjoy a good time-travel story.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2013, 02:38:28 PM »

And I always enjoy a good time-travel story.

And that is the question, so far. Is this a good time story?  Wink

I mean if when Scott dies and then the other Scott disappears from existence, to show that now Marvel time has indeed changed and instead of creating alternate timelines when things go awry, it is now just one timeline that you can effect, then why isn't time being affected from when the original X-Men were swiped from the past? All of their past adventures would have now been erased, so most of the X-Men history is different as it never happened ... right? No Apocalypse and certainly no Wolverine on the team?

.... {possible slight AGE OF ULTRON SPOILERS BELOW}

I know that the events in AGE OF ULTRON essentially "Broke time and space" (so Marvel could snag characters from different timelines and universes), but I am really hoping they are not going to use the thought process that time is "so broken" that sometimes things that happen in the comics effects time and sometimes it just creates another timeline and nothing has happened to "our" time.  Angry

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2013, 02:11:21 PM »

I just finished this storyline as the last issue came in my November shipment.

I liked it overall but I'm not sure I quite understand why.......

Kitty got so mad at Wolverine that she would go off with Scott and Emma.

As much as I've enjoyed having the X-Men from the past here, I do think it's about time they go home.  I'm not sure I'll like them as much in their new HQ.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2013, 03:56:50 AM »

That horse ain't dead yet, so they might as well keep beating it. Wink

Jimmy T since 2001
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS