HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 05:44:14 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Transformers: A New Generation premieres in theaters September 13, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: FATALE thread  (Read 7163 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: January 14, 2012, 04:23:15 AM »

FATALE Issue #1

Brubaker knocks it out of the park again with FATALE. As one who loves his CRIMINAL series and of course his Marvel work that should come as little surprise to me, and yet I am really surprised at how much I enjoyed this comic.

He has blended crime noir with the occult, Mickey Spillane with Lovecraft, and I love it. It's like reading my old Doc Savage books, but set in the 50's instead of the late 30's. In other words ... Awesome.

If you get a chance and you like 1950's era-crime fiction (with a great twist) and if you see this at you LCS, PICK IT UP. It is like 40 pages with no ads, so it is all story ... and what a story it is.

Doc Savage would be proud.  Smiley

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2012, 04:56:32 AM »

Your killing my pocket book.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2012, 05:03:11 AM »

Your killing my pocket book.

Cheesy Cheesy

You may not like this kind of book. Real slow but with great nuance. Like a good black & white detective movie ... only in color and with spooky occult overtones.  Grin

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2012, 01:00:08 PM »

Before Jeff has to sell his house to afford comics  Grin HERE is a preview of issue #2. I have not read it, as I don't want spoilers, but at least you can see the art and tone of book before you (or anyone) goes out and throws money on it. Again, if you like balls out action, this is not the book. If you like Brubaker and the way he weaves a story then this is for you.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2012, 02:43:27 PM »

Oh we all know I'm gonna get it.  I love his Criminal series and this really looks good.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2012, 02:46:00 PM »

Oh we all know I'm gonna get it. 

Cheesy

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2012, 08:30:24 PM »

Whew!  Made it out of the LCS alive with only buying the comic I went in for:  FATALE 1

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2012, 03:54:53 PM »

Nice issue.  The story sucks you in and the characterization is excellent.  Thumbs up here.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2012, 07:59:53 PM »

Issue #2 gets a thumbs up as well.  I wanted to keep reading but I have to wait for issue 3!

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2012, 06:15:02 PM »

Issue 6

Start of the new arc is off to a good start.  So is this series an ongoing or does it have a definite end in sight?

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2012, 07:05:40 PM »

Not sure. Getting ready to drop it here soon. HC TIME !!!!!  Grin

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2013, 05:23:16 PM »

So there wasn't a solicit for Fatale in February or March.  Is issue #14 going to be the last?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS