HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 07:12:26 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Kung Fu Panda 4 premieres in theaters March 8, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: FLASH  (Read 9234 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: August 28, 2013, 01:09:58 AM »

Is anyone reading Flash?

The previews for the Reverse Flash arc has me curious.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
G:The Last Man
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2013, 01:58:29 AM »

i'm longing for a good jumping on point for flash.  it hasn't been anywhere near as good since Geoff Johns left.

having said that.....this storyarc has be curious too.

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2013, 06:47:29 PM »

I intend to try the title out once the starting creator's leave with #24.

It was always interesting...but it didn't seem that much more complex than say, the plot of a coloring book.

Jimmy T since 2001
EmeraldWarrior420
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2013, 11:50:10 PM »

I picked it up, and I still haven't read it yet.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2013, 01:03:01 AM »

Story wise, in my limited read-throughs, I have found the stories generic. Art wise, it can be very interesting to look at. Some nice non-panel/panel work in a lot of the issues.

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2013, 02:26:59 AM »

Can we please get rid of all those damn unnecessary lines on Barry's damn costume? Ugh, they suck ass.

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2013, 02:28:54 AM »

One of the greatest designed suits ever, simplicity in form, immediately striking and tell, and you redesign it with..flair lines? Just stupid. Jim Lee, an aesthetic genius he is not.

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2014, 01:16:59 AM »

Okay DC readers. Your whining finally paid off.
  Wink

Wally set to return? HERE

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2014, 03:12:59 AM »

WAHOOOOOO!!!! Also, different team than Manapul and Buccaleto! No harm to them, but there was nothing about their stuff that made me ooh and ahh. Hopefully, Venditti (DC's new go-to guy???) will have some chops about him for this!

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2014, 12:24:03 PM »

I enjoyed the occasional FLASH read JUST for the art, and while that burger was great to look at with its glistening tomato, crisp lettuce and melted cheese, I gotta agree about the lack of meat between the buns

Edit - I just had a thought that they would introduce Wally just to kill his ass off. Would love to see the fans reactions then Cheesy Cheesy
« Last Edit: January 14, 2014, 12:51:11 PM by Perry » Logged

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2014, 03:06:55 PM »

About darn time!  Although with a changed up history who knows if I will like it.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2014, 03:55:35 PM »

Although with a changed up history who knows if I will like it.

THIS!!

Exactly why I have been wondering why there has been such a clamor for his return. As I have said (being not the huge Wally "as Flash" fan but more the fan of Wally "as Kid Flash") there can be no going back now, so why wish for a character's return, when that return will be nothing like the character that was loved?

Again, I ask this not as a guy not condemning those that loved Wally, I have my own issues with certain characters so I understand or can at least appreciate your desire for his return, but will it really be HIS return?

My only hope was that the new 52 would include Wally as Kid Flash. When that was squashed even before the launch of the NU52, I knew my desire to have my Wally was gone. Could he possibly return to be "your" Wally, guys?

EmeraldWarrior420
HR Celestial

« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2014, 04:56:29 PM »

Is Wally returning as Flash? Wouldn't it make sense for him to be Kid Flash, first, and earn the Flash costume? That's a huge part of what made Wally a great Flash.

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2014, 05:45:04 PM »

All it's said is Wally West is being reintroduced. Who knows what will happen?

And yes, the 'married to Linda, once nephew and sidekick to original, watched him die only to take up the mantle' Wally West is, well, GONE.

Hell, I'm still made that Conner Kent is dead and replaced with...whatever the hell they have done to Superboy lately.

I can't believe there may actually be a single Donna Troy fan anywhere.

So, a mixed bag of blessings, this is.

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2014, 06:20:46 PM »

As naive as it is I think I was secretly hoping Wally's return would bring back the old universe.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS