HR Boards
March 19, 2024, 07:44:47 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Godzilla vs Kong 2 premieres in theaters April 12, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Ben Affleck is the New Batman - sadly I'm not joking  (Read 8394 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: August 23, 2013, 01:57:41 AM »

http://variety.com/2013/film/news/ben-affleck-is-the-new-batman-1200586881/

Ben Affleck is Batman.

The actor will replace Christian Bale as Bruce Wayne in the upcoming untitled Superman-Batman feature for Warner Bros., the studio announced Thursday.

Affleck becomes the eighth actor to play the Caped Crusader, following Bale, George Clooney and Michael Keaton.

“We knew we needed an extraordinary actor to take on one of DC Comics’ most enduringly popular Super Heroes, and Ben Affleck certainly fits that bill, and then some,” WB president Greg Silverman said in a statement.

Directed by “Man of Steel” filmmaker Zack Snyder, the Superman-Batman feature will open worldwide on July 17, 2015, with Henry Cavill, Amy Adams and Diane Lane reprising their roles.

“Ben provides an interesting counter-balance to Henry’s Superman. He has the acting chops to create a layered portrayal of a man who is older and wiser than Clark Kent and bears the scars of a seasoned crime fighter, but retain the charm that the world sees in billionaire Bruce Wayne,” Snyder said in a statement. “I can’t wait to work with him.”

The announcement of a Batman-Superman film was revealed last month at Comic-con to much excitement of fanboys, who will surely be watching as the studio begins to assemble its Justice League.

The irony of Thursday’s news is that at one point Warner Bros. was interested in having Affleck direct the “Justice League” movie and his participation in this film will now spur interest if whether his casting means a possibility of directing that film.

The Boston native recently upped his Hollywood power when he won the Best Picture Oscar for “Argo.”

Affleck, repped by WME, can be seen next in Fox and New Regency’s thriller “Runner Runner.”

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2013, 02:02:39 AM »

If you goto the Variety link be sure to read the comments.  I like the one that says Martin Short is Robin.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
EmeraldWarrior420
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2013, 04:29:51 AM »

Not my first choice, for sure. But it could be worse, George Clooney could be returning to the role.

Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2013, 11:55:45 PM »

Considering Jim Carrey was once the Riddler, I am more than willing to give Ben Affleck a chance.
EmeraldWarrior420
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2013, 12:21:33 AM »

Remember the initial reaction most people had to hearing Ledger was going to be The Joker? And that turned out great. So yeah, I'm more than willing to see it before I yell blasphemy.

G:The Last Man
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2013, 05:23:31 PM »

I'm willing to give Affleck a chance.  If he's willing to put in the hard work, I don't doubt he will succeed in winning us over.
Hopefully it's a great script to work from....that's what I'm more worried about. 

You can't please everyone, and I have no doubt that this movie will be a huge box office success regardless of his portrayal.

And I'm looking forward to the possibility of understanding Batman for a change.  I'm probably one of the minority that really could care less about Bale's Batman voice, or his portrayal as Batman for that matter.   Anyone else could have worn the suit to me.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2013, 01:40:33 PM »

One of the funnier ones I saw this weekend.....

Wringer
HR Super Hero

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2013, 01:47:36 AM »

I'm willing to give him a chance too.  While he has certainly been in his share of stinkers and offered stiff and uninspired acting his recent output has been pretty solid.  again cautiously optimistic.

as for other past batmen...the only thing i hold against Clooney is accepting the role in the 1st place...i truely believe he did the best he could with a horrible story, incredibly cheesy dialog and incompetent directing.

I hate to admit it but i actually liked Kilmer, Carrey & Jones eventho the movie was subpar and pretty cheesy when it first opened...but i dont think i've bothered to rewatch since.
jedicow
HR Super Hero

« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2013, 02:55:59 AM »

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2013, 06:26:09 PM »

Matt Damon may be Aquaman? 

Check this out....http://www.herorealm.com/hrboards/index.php?topic=6127.0

G:The Last Man
HR Celestial

« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2013, 01:56:18 AM »

I will only accept vincent chase as aquaman directed by james cameron

if you don't get it, you should watch Entourage.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2013, 03:46:43 PM »

I have no problem with Afleck as Batman. Think he will not only be fine, but will do great. Daredevil was not his fault. Watch Argo and any of his recent flicks. He is a capable actor.

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS