HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 12:41:29 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Kung Fu Panda 4 premieres in theaters March 8, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: August pre-orders. Whatcha gettin?  (Read 10946 times)
EmeraldWarrior420
HR Celestial

« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2013, 06:10:18 PM »

That sucks for Maguire.

But a loss for him, is a gain for us.

In his stead, we're getting Howard Porter to pencil the book. The same Porter that drew JLA during Morrison's run (still the best JLA run to this day, IMO).

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2013, 06:31:10 PM »

Well, that didn't last long. I just added FF to my pull and now I see where Fraction is off both FF and F4 as of next months issues, sooner for FF I think ... so I killed those issues.

I said I was gonna work on cutting one or two more titles next month ... went ahead and jumped on it. I just have to hold firm on the F4 this time. I have to remember I can still get them in trade if I need.

Brings me down to 1 Marvel, 2 DC and 2 Valiant. Never, ever could I have thought this possible. And hell, Superpooper better "wow" me or that suckers gone. I know I am going to add the Inhuman title once it comes out, I know that, and I will always add a Dr. Strange or Moon Knight book, but for the most part I have killed my monthly titles down to nothing and almost set for Trade/HC buying !!!!

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2013, 05:27:05 PM »

I've added back Archer and Armstrong to the pull list and also added Eternal Warrior.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2013, 08:51:13 PM »

I've added back Archer and Armstrong to the pull list and also added Eternal Warrior.

That puts you back to four titles again, right? Isn't that close to being worth the bundle?
4 x $2.59 = $10.36
7 book bundle = $13.96

I don't know man, for $3 extra you get 3 more books. Sounds like a winning plan. (Quantum and Woody is pretty funny)

BWA-HAHAHAHA

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2013, 02:29:38 AM »

That puts you back to four titles again, right? Isn't that close to being worth the bundle?
4 x $2.59 = $10.36
7 book bundle = $13.96

I don't know man, for $3 extra you get 3 more books. Sounds like a winning plan. (Quantum and Woody is pretty funny)

Lol yes - I went back and checked that too.  But Shadowman and Quantum & Woody weren't my cup of tea.  I also lost interest on Bloodshot during the crossover.  So even though I can get them for $1 each I figured I'd save it for something I want to read.   Grin

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2013, 11:49:38 AM »

Grin
I hear ya (Didn't know you tried Q&W ... I found the 1st issue decent but the 2nd issue very funny). But hey $3 is $3  Cool

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS