HR Boards
June 26, 2019, 12:53:46 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Quentin Tarantino's Once Upon a Time In Hollywood premiers in theaters July 26, 2019!
Advanced search  
Poll
Question: Love him or Hate him?
Love Him!!
Hate Him!!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Comic Book Character - Love 'em or Hate 'em? - LARFLEEZE  (Read 1879 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: August 04, 2013, 05:32:01 PM »

Love him or Hate him??

This week we're spotlighting Larfleeze.  The psychopathic leader of the Orange Lanterns.
Created by Geoff Johns and the wielder of the Orange light of Avarice.  Constant foil to Green Lantern and the Green Lantern Corps.

When I first ran across Larfleeze I was not a fan.  But the wacky orange lantern grew on me.  I'd say I have a love/hate relationship with this character.  I wound up enjoying his part in the Green Lantern tale that introduced us to the various colored lantern corps.

Larfleeze is a mainstay now in the Green Lantern universe - even appearing on Green Lantern: The Animated Series.

“What's mine is mine
and mine and mine,
And mine, and mine, and mine!
Not yours!”

—Larfleeze, Green Lantern (vol. 5) #20 (May 2013)“   

So what say thee?  Love him or Hate him - and why?
« Last Edit: August 04, 2013, 05:40:39 PM by Jeff » Logged

"If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?" - Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2013, 06:26:35 PM »

YEA!!! New weekly installment of LEOHE!!

Hate Em.

He is a one note character with no range. Sadly, he does this, show no variation to character, better than the characters that SHOULD be one note/no range characters - The Red Lanterns (whom should never be seen discussing anything because they are SO FULL OF RAGE!!!)
 Wink

I have had kids. I now have Grand-kids. I have no desire to see or hear anyone run around saying "MINE" all the damn time.
 Grin
jedicow
HR Super Hero

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2013, 05:04:11 AM »

I really don't know enough about him to have an informed opinion.  that being said, as a comic fan, that makes me an expert!   Wink

EmeraldWarrior420
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2013, 11:02:16 AM »

He's just, meh. I don't particularly hate him, but I don't love him either. I'd never buy a solo Larfleeze book.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2013, 06:21:53 AM »

Hey ... was this gonna be weekly? Where is our next one?
Bring us the next victim!
 Grin
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2013, 01:47:56 PM »

Hey ... was this gonna be weekly? Where is our next one?
 Grin

Ironically I came online just now to do the next one!

"If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?" - Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2013, 05:12:22 PM »

Well what made you change your mind?
I see nothing
 Tongue

Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2013, 06:27:32 PM »

Well what made you change your mind?
I see nothing
 Tongue

Smiley

Yeah sorry - got distracted by the kiddo.  But as you can see I now have the newest one posted - Foggy Nelson.   Grin

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS