HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 07:50:17 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Deadpool 3 premieres in theaters May 3, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: pacific rim  (Read 5554 times)
jedicow
HR Super Hero

« on: July 06, 2013, 02:50:32 AM »

in a summer with movies like iron man 3, the wolverine, the lone ranger, world war z and man of steel....I find myself highly anticipating pacific rim.  it just invokes childhood memories or spectraman, the space giants, ultraman and Godzilla all rolled into one.

anyone else looking forward to it?

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2013, 08:12:10 AM »

Not as much as I should be, sadly. I have grown further and further away from sfx heavy movies.  Embarrassed

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
jedicow
HR Super Hero

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2013, 02:58:17 AM »

it was freakin' AWESOME.  don't expect a deep story, but the action makes up for it.  and finally....we get to see good clear fight scenes.  my worst gripe about transformers was that all the fight scenes seemed blurry and I had a hard time following the fight sequences.  not a problem here.  I highly recommend going to see this and don't make the mistake I did of not seeing it in IMAX 3D if you have the chance.

G:The Last Man
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2013, 04:49:54 PM »

A little late to the party, but I saw this in the theater back in July and it was freaking awesome.

Giant Robots and Monsters!....Need I say more?!?  I was suddenly a kid again watching Godzilla and Mazinger Z.

Loved every minute of it. 

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2013, 05:00:55 PM »

Sorry guys, I thought this movie was sooo lame.

As much as I just wanted super robots punching radioactive monsters, even that was just..okay (well, way better than okay in some parts Cheesy )

But any time a human was on-screen, the movie was gawd awful. And it dragged sooo much before the beginning of the 3rd act with all principle actors finding their lame ass story resolutions.

I went in expecting nothing. But all I saw was an absence of anything.

I was quite pissed in how disappointed I was.

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2013, 10:55:39 AM »

Just saw this movie, or the first half, about two weeks ago and I feel the exact same way, Jimmy. I just wasn't about to come on here, after bringing the hate about so many things that are loved here, and complain, once again, about how I did not enjoy a well liked product.
 Grin

But now that you brought it up ...  Cheesy

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2013, 03:40:10 PM »

Yah, I'm an ass. What can I say? I have two opinions; Right, and loud.

Grin

Sigh...I am an ass....

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2013, 04:35:48 PM »

I'm just glad it was someone else this time.  Grin (And I do agree with ya, soooo)  Grin

G:The Last Man
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2013, 04:43:41 PM »

Can you two just start posting about movies you do like? 

Just so I can come on here and hate on it too? Cheesy Grin Wink

Some people are just too hard to please..... Tongue

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS