HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 12:29:33 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Ghostbusters: Afterlife 2 premieres in theaters March 29, 2024!
Advanced search  
Poll
Question: What Is Your Favorite Comic Book Genre?
Super-Heroes - 3 (100%)
Horror - 0 (0%)
Fantasy - 0 (0%)
Science Fiction - 0 (0%)
Western - 0 (0%)
Romance - 0 (0%)
Cartoons/Funny Animals - 0 (0%)
Underground Comix - 0 (0%)
Other - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 3

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: What Is Your Favorite Comic Book Genre?  (Read 3461 times)
EmeraldWarrior420
HR Celestial

« on: July 05, 2013, 06:41:25 AM »

What Is Your Favorite Comic Book Genre?

Mine should be pretty obvious: Super-heroes. I read mostly Marvel and DC Comics with the occassional licensed stuff and Star Trek comics.

However, even though super-heroes are my favorite genre, I do seem to enjoy the old horror comics like Vault of Horror and Tales From the Crypt a lot.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2013, 08:35:25 PM by EmeraldWarrior420 » Logged

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2013, 06:18:14 PM »

Super heroes for me but I have to admit I find myself buying more and independent non-superhero stuff.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2013, 06:40:03 PM »

even though super-heroes are my favorite genre, I do seem to enjoy the old horror comics ....

Well DC is just perfect for you, as they seem to be going down that road  Grin

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
jedicow
HR Super Hero

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2013, 02:39:09 AM »

even though I don't buy any new super hero books, they are what brought me to the party and what I love most in comics.  I read everything else from westerns to pulp to sci-fi to horror and even Disney books, but if it weren't for spider-man, the hulk, batman and superman....I never would have started reading as voraciously as I do.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS