HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 04:59:16 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome back Realmers!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Avengers #14 - Infinity Prelude  (Read 4385 times)
EmeraldWarrior420
HR Celestial

« on: June 29, 2013, 04:11:48 AM »

What the hell did I just read? Seriously?

I have no freaking clue what the hell is going on. And this is just the prelude. I figured by getting the prelude, I'd be all set. Is Infiity going to be the most confusing crossover event ever?

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2013, 12:02:26 AM »

I wouldn't pre-judge based on the Avengers. That book is not that good.  That said Hickman has a way of starting out with a lot of confusion but usually brings it all together with a nice payoff.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2013, 01:42:16 PM »

DCBS is getting my books late to me again  Angry so I won't have mine until Monday or Tuesday). I will bust through a read as soon as I get them, but I don't think I will find it anymore cohesive than you. I love Hickman's stuff, but he has gone really over board on this title.

I do enjoy how he, at least, tries to tie in what is happening in the Marvel U to his book. IE Spidey sounding like Doc Oc instead of Peter (as it is Doc Oc in the suit) and Iron Man NOT being in the suit (as he is away with the GoTG currently). I wish more writers would do this.

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2013, 10:48:58 PM »

Like Infinity 1 it would have helped to have read at least the first few issues of Avengers.  This does setup Infinity 1 nicely and as usual Hickman gives us a little facts and leaves us with a mystery to unfold.  I predict this will all tie together in the end and might require a second read after we know the end to see all the pieces clearly.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS