HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 02:09:40 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Ghostbusters: Afterlife 2 premieres in theaters March 29, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Has DC finally done it?  (Read 5974 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: June 03, 2013, 07:00:16 PM »

Well, looks like my time with DC may officially be at an end. As it is known, I am currently only getting one title from them anyway (BATMAN), but now that they are apparently trying to turn that one issue into four, with-in one month, I may just decide to bow out now, drop BATMAN and put them up on Ebay.

Bad move DC.

Story from BC found HERE
 Undecided

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2013, 09:43:46 PM »

This looks like just a one month special with all of the villains.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2013, 01:00:31 AM »

Oh, I realize that. But when staying up to date on a single title (for re-sell value) means I have to buy four F'n issues of said title in a month? Come on. This is Marvel double shipping X2

EDIT - Of course, having said that, I know once I calm down from being offended by this atrocity  Wink I am sure I will get them. Especially because DCBS will have them at 50% of bundled. Hell, if they look as good as advertised (3D covers) I may end up getting the damn Detective ones as well
 Cheesy

Shocked
« Last Edit: June 04, 2013, 01:34:07 AM by Perry » Logged

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2013, 02:32:35 PM »

BATMAN & (ROBIN) joins the 4 issue Bat/villain month. So DC is going - 1 month, 3 titles, 12 issues ... so far.

Say you are a small time buyer of just 3 DC titles. That usually runs you $10 a month (two $2.99 books and a $3.99 ... BATMAN), but this month you have to buy 12 titles ("have to buy" is not really true of course  Grin). But luckily, the added bonus for you is not only the additional funds you will spend buying the extra issues, but the added funds of your smaller priced titles being pushed to $3.99 for the month.
 Roll Eyes

So, save up "kids", because where you were usually just spending $10 on your three titles, in September you will need $48. $48 dollars for three titles. IN ONE MONTH. Thanks DC.

(I am sorry if no-one here, other than I, sees a problem with this shit)

EDIT - Oh, FLASH has now joined the 4 issue extravaganza!

Can you imagine being a buyer of just those 4 titles. HAHA. $13 a month just turned to $64. HAHA.

Oh shit, how many more issues are to come?
« Last Edit: June 04, 2013, 02:36:45 PM by Perry » Logged

EmeraldWarrior420
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2013, 04:19:50 PM »

This is exactly why I haven't followed Batman and X-Men books for years. It just too dang expensive to keep up and you have to sacrifice other titles to do so because they print so many different books, and more often than not you have to read ALL the titles to get the full story.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2013, 05:57:56 PM »

Well, it seems I was premature with the four FLASH titles ... it is only 3.

So, to recap, what we know of so far -
4 - BATMAN
4 - DETECTIVE
4 - DARK KNIGHT
4 - BATMAN and ROBIN
4 - JUSTICE LEAGUE
4 - SUPERMAN
4 - ACTION COMICS
3 - FLASH
2 - AQUAMAN
2 - EARTH 2

10 titles - 35 issues ... so far

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2013, 02:08:12 AM »

Ok.  Even I can't defend this. 

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2013, 01:27:18 PM »

Ok.  Even I can't defend this. 

Grin I didn't mean to sound like I was knocking you for doing so.  Cool

I know DC is eliminating some titles during this, to counter the overall number of books, and may actually end up being less books than normal for the entire line. But very few customers buy all the damn DC titles. And some (maybe most) buy a "section" of their universe. So again, if I am just a casual DC fan and I just buy the Batman related titles, that is a huge amount of books in one month for me to buy.

Yes, I know there is no law that says you have to get them all, this is not pokemon, but most of us that buy a title, would like to get all of that title, regardless of the story implications.

It just doesn't seem fair for them to do. But, as always, I get that corporations are there to make money ...

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2013, 07:39:14 AM »

Once again, DC "does it"

Last minute editorial changes forced on the BATWOMAN creative team, pushes them out the door. Bye Bye Blackmon and JH Williams.

Blackmon's blog HERE

Look, I get that the characters belong to DC, but this is not about a company protecting its property, it's about having your creative team work for over a year on APPROVED story-lines and then, mere moments from completion, force them to not only change the approach, but to eliminate entirely plot points crucial to the story. It is an editorial failure ... no, a company wide failure that keeps happening and should not be tolerated by any creators.

« Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 08:46:24 AM by Perry » Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS